It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Google Monopoly

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
What would you do without Google?

According to Alexa's top 500 global websites, Google is ranked number one. Ranking at number 4 is the number one video site in the world, YouTube. Coming in at number 7 is Blogger, where people can start their own free blog, owned by Google again. We also have Gmail, Google Checkout and most recently, Google Chrome. It is safe to say that Google is a part of everyone's life, even if we choose to avoid it.

We don't realize how big Google is until we examine websites that are actually powered by Google, behind the scenes. Nowadays, the majority of webmasters rely on Google Adsense to fund their projects. When you go to a website, you will notice advertisements all over the place. It is these advertisements where the website owner gets profit. The more people who click on these advertisements, the more money the website owner receives.

There are many advertising networks out there that pay publishers (webmasters) for having these ads displayed on their websites. And which network is most used? You guessed it, Google.

For information on Google Adsense can be found here:
en.wikipedia.org...

I used to own several websites and I know that without Google, no one would view my site. Around 70 percent of the people who visited my website through search engines used Google. The other 30 percent where scattered between Yahoo, MSN and a huge list of other small search engines.

Even websites like ATS who don't use Google Adsense to fund itself use Google. It is very difficult to go through a topic on here without an embedded YouTube video. If you look carefully, now a bunch of websites are using YouTube embed codes. Even major media outlets like CNN/E!/MTV use YouTube in one way or another in their shows.


Google is everywhere. We can not surf the internet without Google becoming a part of. It is so influential, that it has led some people believe that Google is God. As silly as this sounds, it makes some sense.




PROOF #1 Google is the closest thing to an Omniscient (all-knowing) entity in existence, which can be scientifically verified. She indexes over 9.5 billion WebPages, which is more than any other search engine on the web today. Not only is Google the closest known entity to being Omniscient, but She also sorts through this vast amount of knowledge using Her patented PageRank technology, organizing said data and making it easily accessible to us mere mortals.

PROOF #2 Google is everywhere at once (Omnipresent). Google is virtually everywhere on earth at the same time. Billions of indexed WebPages hosted from every corner of the earth. With the proliferation of Wi-Fi networks, one will eventually be able to access Google from anywhere on earth, truly making Her an omnipresent entity.


The rest can be found here:
www.thechurchofgoogle.org...

What is scary about all of this is that Google is watching our every move. Whenever we want to research something, like the truth about swine flu, Google keeps record of what is being searched and by who.

Remember the whole Red/Yellow/Green list conspiracy? This could easily be implemented if Google were to release to the Government the IP addresses of those individuals who searched for topics they should have no business searching for. Highly unlikely, but very possible under the Necessary and Proper Clause / Patriot Act.

YouTube also keeps record of what we watch. If you have an account, you will be displayed videos that are "recommended" to you based on what you have viewed before. All YouTube has to do look up everyone who rated 5 stars or favorited a particular video and bam, you can be slammed with the "HE'S A TERRORIST!" defense.

Is this to say that Google will rule the world? Nah, that's the Government's job. But it would sure make the job of finding those who oppose the system very easy.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Davidius]




posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I agree with you in most cases, although there are rumors of Google being involved with the CIA, Robert David Steele, ex CIA, mentioned this being the case, therefore Google may sell private information to government and privately owned agencies behind our backs. It would surprise me if this is not the case, I would expect them to have an closer eye on individuals using certain phrases or words within the Google search engine.

But apart from that, Google has become indispensable for the most of us these days, they are more involved with our lives than some might think.



new topics
 
1

log in

join