It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs of abduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Gday, I was wondering if the resident abduction experts would be able to tell me what the common signs of a possible abduction would be? The reason I ask is I just finished watching "The Fourth Kind", and it got me thinking about a few things that have happened to me over the years that I thought were separate events, but might actually be misinterpreted memories of an abduction (granted there's also the possibility it's just my mind trying to connect the dots between completely random events). I've posted about alot of this stuff before, but in summary:

1) Ever since I was a kid I've had an almost irrational fear of looking out of windows at night/in the early hours of the morning. As long as I can remember I've always slept with the blinds closed and avoided looking at windows at night. It doesn't matter whether I'm alone or not, it just makes me feel unsafe. I have a similar but much weaker weird phobia of sleeping with the door open, or unlit hallways. The door thing only developed recently. Not sure why it's suddenly become a problem (?).

2) It's been quite a few years since I last experienced this, but I used to have three re-occurring dreams that I would dream in the same sequence one after the other that basically started off looking out of my window at a "fleet" of UFOs (the classical saucer variety), move to a "scene" where I'm running through a school with things chasing me while I shoot at them (I never see what they are in the dream and have never owned a gun in my life), then finally to a scene where I'm barricaded in my room and there's a bunch of ..things trying to force the door open and I'm scared witless while I try to force it closed.

3) As a kid I remember waking up one night to see a shadow of a (presumably) woman holding a baby next to my bed. There's a chance this might be related to something else, not sure :/

4) As a teen (around 15), I remember having a mid-afternoon siesta and waking up to see what looked like a hand outside my bedroom window. My bedroom was on the 2nd story and you wouldn't have been able to get up there without a long ladder and lots of effort.

5) Constant feelings that something is "watching" me. Alot of people get this, so again it could be unrelated.

6) When I was around 23 or so, I had what I thought at the time was an astral projection experience.. electrical buzzing sound, being able to sit up in bed despite my physical body being unable to move, being able to clearly see the room & my cat walking around despite it being nighttime & pitch black. I also had the stereotypical symptoms of sleep paralysis. Feeling & seeing a presence in the room, a feeling of something sitting on my chest, the subsequently forcing me flat onto the bed once my 'astral' body had sat up.

7) A few occasions (the most recent about 3months ago) where I could have sworn I felt something walking up my bed (I could feel the depressions in the mattress. I haven't owned a cat for years so it couldn't have been that), and a few where it felt like something gave me a good belt on the back of the neck/upper back. I've never woken up with any marks that couldn't be explained by sleeping in a weird position so no mysterious scars/scratches to ponder on.

8) Numerous occasions of hearing something moving around my unit, the front door opening, kitchen drawers opening then closing etc. I've always written it off as some sort of a ghost but maybe it was something else entirely? I haven't seen anything paranormal for quite a while, but when I hear something weird now I usually get up and double check the door is locked, windows shut etc.

What do you reckon? Possibly abduction case or an over-active imagination caused by watching a kinda spooky movie? I haven't tried hypnosis to see if that reveals anything because to be quite frank I'm afraid about what sort of memories it might bring to the surface. Ditto for setting up a webcam with "motion detector" mode. Not quite sure what I'd do if I woke up to check it and found photos/video of something in my unit that shouldn't be there hehe. Probably freak-out and decide that from now on I'm not going to sleep, ever

I'd also like some feedback from skeptics to see if maybe all the above events can't be explained away using good ole conventional science/common sense.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
"The Fourth Kind" has created a stimulation and a suggestive motion that has equalled the feeling of being abducted. The fact a feature film has brought these thoughts on, especially based on the same subject matter, we must therefore dismiss any claims of alien abduction.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
"The Fourth Kind" has created a stimulation and a suggestive motion that has equalled the feeling of being abducted. The fact a feature film has brought these thoughts on, especially based on the same subject matter, we must therefore dismiss any claims of alien abduction.

The list is too long for these to have been brought on by the movie alone. He is obviously someone that wants to believe in something outside of the mundane, hence his belief in ghosts as well as astral projection. My guess is that this movie is his latest attempt at reconciling a few anomalous events in his life.

OP: I mean, what is there really.. a few weird dreams? ..afraid of the dark? ..'feeling' pressure on the bed? .. I don't want to make light, but dont watch a movie on Lifetime, because you might think it was your abusive father coming to you in the night.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by HankMcCoy]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I also get the same feeling u get with looking out of windows at dark but it isnt anythng out of the ordinary. Just to many scary movies

u said u looked out a window and saw a "hand"
Is it possible u got that phobia because of this

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I also get the same feeling u get with looking out of windows at dark but it isnt anythng out of the ordinary. Just to many scary movies

u said u looked out a window and saw a "hand"
Is it possible u got that phobia because of this

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I think there is a problem at ATS at the moment.

The problem is this.

If you post your story you are more than likeley going to be scoffed at.

If you want to go into a little detail with your story to me then i would be happy to listen and also share any similarities i have had.

For example location of scar's, mark's, bruises and scratches.

Also what pattern's they may form on your body.

Also actual experiance's you would be suprised how many people have the same experiance.

You have a aversion to looking out the window when it is dark.

These thing's do not just crop up there is a solid reason for this fear.

I myself "had" a fear of getting into the bathtub totally out of the blue after one of my experiance's i also refrained from sitting in a certain chair in my house.

Do i think you are crazy ? NO!

Do i think you feel worried and nervous ? YES!

So you can send me a personal message any time you like.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 15-11-2009 by h3akalee]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
If you want to go into a little detail with your story to me then i would be happy to listen and also share any similarities i have had.

For example location of scar's, mark's, bruises and scratches.

Also what pattern's they may form on your body.

Also actual experiance's you would be suprised how many people have the same experiance.

You have a aversion to looking out the window when it is dark.

These thing's do not just crop up there is a solid reason for this fear.

Here's the thing.. he didn't attribute any scars or marking on his body to his possible abduction.. and if he does now there is a VERY high probability that it is BECAUSE you put that thought in his mind.

Phobias -by their very nature- are irrational fears that sometimes do just pop out of nowhere. His nyctophobia is just another irrational fear that billions of people have at some point in their lives.

EDIT: As a matter of fact he has POINTEDLY stated he has never had any weird markings.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by HankMcCoy]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
lol I appreciate the responses. I looooove horror movies/sci-fi so this is most definitely not a case of a weak mind being influenced by a movie. More a curious mind wondering if maybe these things are linked somehow. All I can do is look at my own personal experiences and try to come up with some an explanation.

The ghosts thing definitely isn't my imagination gone wild because over the years I've had quite a few people living with me experience strange events, most of them not into the whole paranormal/alien thing. There were things that I had always written off as my imagination, until gfs started waking up the middle of the night asking me if I just felt the house shake (probably just an old house settling on it's foundations tbh), if I heard that bang from the kitchen, felt like there was something in the hall etc.

I used to write the dreams off as nothing important, but when you have the exact same dream from age 8 through to 16 then it does have to make you wonder if your subconscious is trying to tell you something, whether it be a repressed memory or your subconscious telling you there is something that needs addressing. A few years ago I had a mate that ended up a complete mental case (literally). I ended up having a really good D&M with the psych that was assigned to her case, and she came to the conclusion that there was something that happened in my childhood that for some reason I was blocking out. I never followed up on it because I moved to a different state shortly afterward. There's a chance that it was some sort of a memory related to being in foster care, but still...things that make you go hmm

Edit:
Having trouble finding my threads about the dreams etc, but here's the one where I go into detail about (what I thought at the time) was an OBE/astral projection. I read up on sleep paralysis alot not long after that post, and the things I experienced are typical symptoms, so that may be the most likely explanation for that particular event.. www.abovetopsecret.com...

ps: Nopes, no "weird" marks ever found on my body after any of the above events, and talking about it isn't going to make me suddenly remember I've got a tattoo of a grey scorched into my back or that I had an implant removed last week

[edit on 15-11-2009 by LordGoofus]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LordGoofus

Could it be that you are repressing memories of being molested when you were younger? That could be the reason you have these types of dreams.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

The thought had occurred to me, but from what I understand most molestation victims exhibit issues forming relationships or develop emotional problems later in life.

I agree with the previous comment about being afraid of the dark a common phobia. I work night-shift and barely see the sun so night-time by itself doesn't scare me, it's just windows for some reason.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
because you might think it was your abusive father coming to you in the night.

Did I even suggest that? No, so please do not abuse the sceptic once again

It is obvious the OP made no link towards alien abduction prior to watching the movie

[edit on 15-11-2009 by infinite]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
because you might think it was your abusive father coming to you in the night.

Did I even suggest that? No, so please do not abuse the sceptic once again

It is obvious the OP made no link towards alien abduction prior to watching the movie

[edit on 15-11-2009 by infinite]

Yes.. because we ALL know Hank LOVES to abuse skeptics...

Although, it is my mistake, the first part of the post was to you, the second was to the OP.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
to the OP: It could just be in your head, although I admit, when I saw the movie, I was very creeped out by the imagery in it, mainly because of what I know has happened with me.

Unfortunately, what I'm seeing on this thread are people scoffing at your fears (be it irrational or rational), and just generally being jerks about it. How about you guys grow up and stop thinly veiling your attempts to make fun of the OP?

Seriously. People like you guys are the reason a lot of us don't post on here about anything. Experiences or otherwise. The ridicule goes too far, especially on someone who's already a bit fragile, emotionally.
This isn't how we should be, especially on ATS.
Deny Ignorance, Deny Bullies.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chiiru
The ridicule goes too far, especially on someone who's already a bit fragile, emotionally.

You are the only one making assumptions into his mental state, mate. We are giving him suggestions, and pointing out some of the more glaring.. shall we say.. points of interest.. in his story.

What makes you think he is a delicate flower? I don't get that at all. I see him as a guy trying to wrap his head around some stuff that has been happening to him throughout his life. Regardless of whether or not I agree with how he put the pieces together, I wouldn't call him fragile at ALL.

We could all just sit around with our chins resting in our hands rapt in his story, oooohing and aaahing at the appropriate points, but that isn't really going to get us anywhere, is it?

The truth is, if he can't take a little ribbing on the internet when posting his story anonymously, how is he ever going to be able to tell anyone face to face?

You need to grow a thicker skin. Not everyone is out to get you.. although if you were even capable of actually believing that, you probably wouldnt be on ATS.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

I hate being quoted.

Make's you look like you know what your talking about.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LordGoofus

I can certainly understand how LordGoofus feels, because I have almost exactly the same problem. I wondered a while there if I had been here writing it before! I have also been anxious about looking at night skies.
When I was a little boy, I refused going outdoors after dark alone, running like crazy while an adult watched me, when running to or from my grandmother's house. I was scared of something in the skies...
(We lived in the countryside)

[edit on 15/11/2009 by Zetagi]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I'm definitely not fragile, but I am a little squishy... should really get my bum to the gym but meh.

It's exactly as McCoy says, I've had a few odd things happen during my life, and after seeing the movie, the things that have happened almost fit if you look at them as an abduction scenario based on what happened in the movie. Hence, my original question as to what the typical signs are of being an abductee (Hollywood tends to take quite alot of artistic license with their "based on a real story" films). Most peops so far seem to believe all the things that have happened are unrelated/mind playing tricks etc and I don't see that as a bad thing. Unless the abductors are busty, blonde bikini models I'm quite happy not being whisked away on spaceships whenever I try to get a decent sleep

new topics

top topics

join