Gday, I was wondering if the resident abduction experts would be able to tell me what the common signs of a possible
abduction would be? The
reason I ask is I just finished watching "The Fourth Kind", and it got me thinking about a few things that have happened to me over the years that I
thought were separate events, but might actually be misinterpreted memories of an abduction (granted there's also the possibility it's just my mind
trying to connect the dots between completely random events). I've posted about alot of this stuff before, but in summary:
1) Ever since I was a kid I've had an almost irrational fear of looking out of windows at night/in the early hours of the morning. As long as I can
remember I've always slept with the blinds closed and avoided looking at windows at night. It doesn't matter whether I'm alone or not, it just
makes me feel unsafe. I have a similar but much weaker weird phobia of sleeping with the door open, or unlit hallways. The door thing only developed
recently. Not sure why it's suddenly become a problem (?).
2) It's been quite a few years since I last experienced this, but I used to have three re-occurring dreams that I would dream in the same sequence
one after the other that basically started off looking out of my window at a "fleet" of UFOs (the classical saucer variety), move to a "scene"
where I'm running through a school with things chasing me while I shoot at them (I never see what they are in the dream and have never owned a gun in
my life), then finally to a scene where I'm barricaded in my room and there's a bunch of ..things trying to force the door open and I'm scared
witless while I try to force it closed.
3) As a kid I remember waking up one night to see a shadow of a (presumably) woman holding a baby next to my bed. There's a chance this might be
related to something else, not sure :/
4) As a teen (around 15), I remember having a mid-afternoon siesta and waking up to see what looked like a hand outside my bedroom window. My bedroom
was on the 2nd story and you wouldn't have been able to get up there without a long ladder and lots of effort.
5) Constant feelings that something is "watching" me. Alot of people get this, so again it could be unrelated.
6) When I was around 23 or so, I had what I thought at the time was an astral projection experience.. electrical buzzing sound, being able to sit up
in bed despite my physical body being unable to move, being able to clearly see the room & my cat walking around despite it being nighttime & pitch
black. I also had the stereotypical symptoms of sleep paralysis. Feeling & seeing a presence in the room, a feeling of something sitting on my chest,
the subsequently forcing me flat onto the bed once my 'astral' body had sat up.
7) A few occasions (the most recent about 3months ago) where I could have sworn I felt something walking up my bed (I could feel the depressions in
the mattress. I haven't owned a cat for years so it couldn't have been that), and a few where it felt like something gave me a good belt on the back
of the neck/upper back. I've never woken up with any marks that couldn't be explained by sleeping in a weird position so no mysterious
scars/scratches to ponder on.
8) Numerous occasions of hearing something moving around my unit, the front door opening, kitchen drawers opening then closing etc. I've always
written it off as some sort of a ghost but maybe it was something else entirely? I haven't seen anything paranormal for quite a while, but when I
hear something weird now I usually get up and double check the door is locked, windows shut etc.
What do you reckon? Possibly abduction case or an over-active imagination caused by watching a kinda spooky movie? I haven't tried hypnosis to see if
that reveals anything because to be quite frank I'm afraid about what sort of memories it might bring to the surface. Ditto for setting up a webcam
with "motion detector" mode. Not quite sure what I'd do if I woke up to check it and found photos/video of something in my unit that shouldn't be
there hehe. Probably freak-out and decide that from now on I'm not going to sleep, ever
I'd also like some feedback from skeptics to see if maybe all the above events can't be explained away using good ole conventional science/common