It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

obama refuses to salute the flag...AGAIN!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
just noticed this on rense ~!!! Pres Obama doesn't salute.. BAM.. ~!!

I have no idea where this was taken at .. but I'm seriously PO'd !!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I saw this earlier also, but since I saw no reference to it anywhere - not even on Rense - I can not yet say I believe the photo - it will not surprise me to find this is a photoshop job.

But then it will not surprise me to find BO really did this either.
Here is hoping he is not stupid enough to be this disrespectful AGAIN.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
why should he salute, as far as im aware he has never been in the armed forces? .. i thought saluting,. to anything, was an army thing?

why salute to a flag anyway? it seems kind if silly .. its just a bit of colored cloth, surely theirs more important things to worry about.#

(and wow, rence has had an overhaull,,, now with 400% more adverts! lol)

[edit on 15-11-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

a single frame isn't proof of anything, he might be just a split second from raising his hand for all we know - the music might not even have started -everyone else just got their ahead of him, or he might have finished first, often in diplomacy the head of the nation has to finish first because anyone who stopped before him would be being rude.

with a whole video clip of what happened this is just nonsense!

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

He is not supposed to salute - only men in uniform salute - he is supposed to be putting his hand over his heart - just like the other guy in the suit.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I hope someone can identify and authenticate the pic. I can't imagine why *anyone* in the military would support a politician that refused to pledge allegiance to the flag. This sets off more red flags than I can count.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
military in uniform - salute facing flag
military out of uniform, vets - stand at attention facing flag
civilians - right hand over heart facing flag

I would think, since the President is Commander in Chief of the military, but is not uniformed, that he would stand at attention.

Either way, I don't think President is being outed as an anti-american for occasionally losing his bearings and not rigidly following protocol. He's being human.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

An anonymous, possibly faked photo from an unreferenced event and found on Rense. Great find Komodo.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tinman67
I would think, since the President is Commander in Chief of the military, but is not uniformed, that he would stand at attention.

Either way, I don't think President is being outed as an anti-american for occasionally losing his bearings and not rigidly following protocol. He's being human.

You ever hear of another president twiddling his fingers during the pledge? Pledging allegiance to the country you're supposed to be leading is hardly "losing bearings".

Not that I think this joker is legitimate mind you.........

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I suppose this pic means they are applauding for not saluting...lol.

Funny how people didn't see any of the dozens of other Veterans day photos.

So go have a look here or here.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Regenmacher]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Was also posted as pic of the day on lucianne.com about 3 or 4 days ago.

It is taken Memorial Day.

Here is the originator, I believe.

atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
just noticed this on rense ~!!! Pres Obama doesn't salute.. BAM.. ~!!

I have no idea where this was taken at .. but I'm seriously PO'd !!!!

haha that's the funniest post in weeks.

You're angry because a person refuses to make a hand movement towards a piece of textile.

I bet you also despise the idea of free health care to all and i bet you're pro-gun too...

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Speaking specifically here, the only people who are "supposed" to salute the flag, are those outside, in uniform and then only if they are wearing a cover (hat).

Otherwise, a hand over your heart is appropriate.

Now, bitching about this specific frame, and being "seriously PO'd" about it, well that's just silly.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The thing is.. where is the real proof.. can anyone find me a pic where he DOES put his hand over his heart.. or even look like he is standing at attention during the pledge?

I have seen none.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Protocol.

Obama gets it.

Pity people here are so full of hatred they can't find anything better to do than to knock a man for the one thing he gets right.

Oozing, ooozing, bursting out through every seam and orifice . . .
Uggh, keep that stinky stuff to yourself, find a cure, plug up the cracks.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by praxis
I hope someone can identify and authenticate the pic. I can't imagine why *anyone* in the military would support a politician that refused to pledge allegiance to the flag. This sets off more red flags than I can count.

please..this president and this democratic congress has done more for the common soldier than any of those flag-waving republicans in recent history have done. given them raises, authorized billions in help for those that come back, helped with their familes. and now he's fighting with the generals and the hawks in this government, to try and get them out of these un-ending wars.
republicans support wars, not our troops.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Well, as odd as it is in this and in other links referenced across the thread for Obama not to be standing with his hand on his heart during the national anthem, there does seem to be at least one instance of him with his hand over his heart here.

So it would seem that perhaps he just doesn't follow the tradition of hand over heart for the national anthem. But he will for the pledge of allegience. Unless, of course, you want to imply that they were pledging to a Keyan flag in that shot. *smirk*

Like MANY people have said here, it is hard to make a determination of what is going on from a single frame of a picture.

[edit on 11-15-2009 by rogerstigers]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
The thing is.. where is the real proof.. can anyone find me a pic where he DOES put his hand over his heart.. or even look like he is standing at attention during the pledge?

I have seen none.

well...take 30 seconds and go on you tube. but apparently you don't have time. and the mods wonder why people like me, would want to call you some vile, nasty name.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
images.sodahead.com...

www.nasa.gov...

OMG, They all hate America.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join