It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the U.S. Funds the Taliban

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

How the U.S. Funds the Taliban

www.alternet.org

In this grotesque carnival, the US military's contractors are forced to pay suspected insurgents to protect American supply routes. It is an accepted fact of the military logistics operation in Afghanistan that the US government funds the very forces American troops are fighting. And it is a deadly irony, because these funds add up to a huge amount of money for the Taliban. "It's a big part of their income," one of the top Afghan government security officials told The Nation in an interview. In fact, US military officials in Kabul estimate that a minimum of 10 percent of the Pentagon's logistics contracts--hundreds of millions of dollars--consists of payments to insurgents.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-11-2009 by iamcamouflage]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This seems about right to me and right on par with the politics of modern warfare. Fund one group to help with an enemy, and then fund someone else to help with the previously funded group who is now using the original funds, to fund someone who is attacking the troops.

This is just like what happened in the cold war, when the US funded Afghani troops to help us with the Russians. Then we leave them twisting in the wind, creating a generational hatred towards the US. Resulting in the emergence of the Taliban 20 years later.

Wash, rinse, repeat

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Ummm.... I'd also say we support them by letting them grow poppies again, after the real Taliban made everyone cut them down because the profits went to the US.

It's no coincidence that 85% of the world's heroin supply comes from Afghanistan, and we just happened to go in there, right once they cut our CIA off.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
As much as it sucks to admit, I can see needing to have people familiar with the terrain and such join you. However... hundreds of millions of dollars for a bunch of ragtag fighters who would turn on you in a second for 5 bucks? Not sure about that.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hereno
However... hundreds of millions of dollars for a bunch of ragtag fighters who would turn on you in a second for 5 bucks? Not sure about that.

Regardless of what the propaganda may be, business is business the world over.

I love how not only do we create a culture of terrorism by engaging in pointless wars, invading foreign lands with no just cause, and under the surface instigating the modern crusades and holy war... but no we pay the enemy to be the enemy. It's hilariously ridiculous to be an American these days.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Star n Flag!
Everyone should star and flag this!!!!

This is exactly what i've been saying for almost 2yrs on ATS now
They do what they have to in order to prolong this sham of a war

That is why absolutely everything that influenced you from the msm reporting on the wars must be completely DELETED from your brain!

It is now the only logical and informed way to debate politics, foreign policy and monetary policy.

This is exactly how I post here on ATS.

I suggest you decide not to belong to the group of sheep and do the same.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This is not all that the US have done. The US via CIA also gave them the radical religion they are fighting to day. The US boasted their believes under the Soviet and Afghan war. They even printed the religious books for them. Man what a chaos the Americans create. And its costing innocent American and NATO lives. And not to mention Afghan lives.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
there is the term: 'perpetual war'
which means: perpetual business
opportunities...

... and that is what is it all about

money

s&f

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It certainly gives new meaning to...

Love thy enemy!

Cash is King of Afghanistan, not the U.S., British, Canadians or Taliban.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
It's hilariously ridiculous to be an American these days.

There is nothing wrong with being an American. Many of us are proud Americans ashamed of our government. It is easy to say 'do something about it'. Unlike France and other nations, here in America protesters are all but ignored and revolts are silenced quickly and sometimes harshly. We try to make our voices heard with a vote, but that isn't as reliable as it used to be. Things need to change I agree. Perhaps if it was illegal for politicians to run campaigns or take any donations from anyone other then the people they are supposed to represent (we the American people, not the BIG BUSINESSES) would be a good start.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by ch1ldofthe70s]

[edit on 15-11-2009 by ch1ldofthe70s]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

Yes you are right, The American government has engaged in briberies for decades to keep the so call enemies closes, but in todays world where America has lost credibility we are been used, our tax payer dollars are going for nothing but funding of more terrorism.

Every time millions goes to support governments in the middle east most of that money goes to fund terrorism against our soldiers and people around the area.

Places like Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iraq, are breeding terrorist with more energy than ever before and they are becoming more sophisticated in their tactics. . . only money can achieve that.

Two wars has created mass movement of the region natural citizens escaping from chaos and destruction, this only becomes breeding ground for recruitment of Tali ban supporters when young able men find nothing else to do.

Money, contraband of weapons and very good financing is going on in the region and it has American dollars stamp all over.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamcamouflage
This is just like what happened in the cold war, when the US funded Afghani troops to help us with the Russians. Then we leave them twisting in the wind, creating a generational hatred towards the US. Resulting in the emergence of the Taliban

What you are saying is correct in many senses but it is important to note that the "Taliban" is an incorrect American generalization about mostly non related tribal groups that are simply less socially advanced than us. Not a group that emerged as a result of the US. What is now the "Taliban" were previously viewed as tribesmen. It's an important thing to remember when it comes to the war because uniting the Taliban is almost impossible... So that means the ifor are fighting a non civilized, non unified tribal breed as opposed to a unified group of terrorists.

I personally feel the region needs to be modernized asap so my views on the war are strange to most.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
What a pathetic case, all foreign forces need to get out Afghanistan ASAP, let them sort their own matters out. They are just wasting soldiers lives for nothing now.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I posted a tread on the same topic here is some news links

www.presstv.ir...

www.cbsnews.com...

www.independent.co.uk...

www.iwpr.net...

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by donhuangenaro
there is the term: 'perpetual war'
which means: perpetual business
opportunities...

... and that is what is it all about

money

s&f

Don't forget Gas pipes and Poppy fields.....!

[edit on 15-11-2009 by kayne1982]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
the world has to step in and stop the heroin drugs from afghanistan to be sold so burn it down and everybody selling or trying to get it has to be tried before court under an extended version of the terrorist act.

Selling heroin drug is the same as financially supporting terror groups mainly the Taliban and in lesser amount Alqaida like groups because those last are more a less getting enough money from Iran..

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkLuitzen

Yea...

You have to stop the US and Brit militaries shipping it from the source first.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
So we just hand he Afghani people or Taliban who pretend to be good samaritans cash for this? We tell them where are supply lines are and ask for info on terrorists?

They are like "I dunno but cash might help me fight..err defend you guys!"

Then they buy old weapons from various countries arms dealers so they can fight us. If they do get hundreds of millions or even tens of millons straight from the U.S. that would probably supply every Taliban with a couple AK47s, unlimited ammo, some grenades, and expolsives to make road side bombs.

Now we have somebody to fight and half a reason to be there!
YOU CAN'T FIGHT A WAR AGAINST UNARMED PEOPLE!

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

they have to first to allow for Napalm to be used again.. since that is an effective weapon for burning down crops.. smoking and burning out the taliban in there caves.
The war can be won in Afghanistan if other tacticts are used ,.. and that with same amount or less soldiers ..
push the taliban and foreign fighters towards mountain area in the northern part of Afghanistan ,, Pakistani army push them from Pakistan towards the place you want the taliban to go and then push from Iraq with Nato and US special forces then when the talibani are in the area where you want them .. napalm between the US / nato forces and the taliban and from the other side too.. so the talibani can not escape due to a fire wall. and then when they are trapped ask the to surrender or lethal force will be used if they are not willing .. Nerve gas will do the job and some nuclear bunker buster to blow the top of the mountain onto the caves will to the job.
Only thing this is not allowed due to Geneva law ect and the media will take a beat on this .

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Star n Flag!
Everyone should star and flag this!!!!

This is exactly what i've been saying for almost 2yrs on ATS now
They do what they have to in order to prolong this sham of a war

That is why absolutely everything that influenced you from the msm reporting on the wars must be completely DELETED from your brain!

It is now the only logical and informed way to debate politics, foreign policy and monetary policy.

This is exactly how I post here on ATS.

I suggest you decide not to belong to the group of sheep and do the same.

i totally agree america is run on an economy centralized on military activity and keeping the war going is just another way to uphold the futile quagmires that the war mongerers in power use to keep the masses in blind confusion and the media makes it seem like we are doing our best to hold off insurgency that we ourselves funded to uncover some militant cell known as al qaedathat to our limited knowledge may not even exist in the first pklace

top topics

<<   2 >>

join