It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if NOTHING happens after 2012?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
we've already seen the Mayan and Aztecs (and also to a certain extent, the Toltecs)glyphs have predicted the coming of Quetzalcoatl on the same date from the same place (ie; Veracruz off the northern side of Mexico) .Quetzalcoatl was described as a white man that would come from the sea on a whale, and that he would be robed and be bearded.It is historical fact that the spaniards, namely Herman Cortez and his band of Spanish conquistadors reached Veracruz and were able to tame a vast amount of believers mainly due to the fact that the prophecy had become true...It is also well known that the spanish friars that accompanied that voyage were very keen to keep the image of Quetzalcoatl and the fact that cortez was the God coming back true... Now we are not talking about a backward Gaulic race that believed that one day the 'sky would come and destroy them', nor a mongolian race that believed that the star would come and fall on the emperor, but a vastly superior astronomically advanced race. i myself have been to chitchen itza, palenque uxmal as well as numerous other central american ziggurats and also seen their observatories that revolved around 'moats' as star mapping tools. these people were already in the knowledge of the sun cycle, the days of the year as well as the projected cycling of the moon, stars and also NEO's. their 5 cycle stories (we are now on the 5th)also happen to coincide with a lot of other cultural end of world stories, maybe the best example being the floods that afflicted earth when Noah was alive...The Sumerians, China, Babylonia, Wales, Russia, India, America, Hawaii, Scandinavia, Sumatra, Peru, and Polynesia (google ref)all these races, despite their vast geographical distances, all have flood stories, as well as other end of days stories. Now for anyone to believe that we are not on a pathway to destruction in 2012, how about the creation of the moon, ie, the earth was in impact with another newly forming planet xxxxxyears ago which produced a collision that threw off the moon in a form that eventually became a solid. we were on the same rotation around around the sun as this NEO, so who's to say we are not going to meet it again..? remember it only takes a 3 km wide asteroid to produce world cataclysmic results..

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
www.theworkofgod.org...

yet another 'prohpecy of what will happen in 2012, this was the only one i could find (since all my past research went when my harddrive crashed not so long ago) i will research the rest and find my past evidence (is there such a thing for future predictions?)Along with the possibility of sunspots (a la Nicholas Cage)though obviously not to the Hollywood extent or the possibility of the return of the heinrich event which did used to haunt us and will do again

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Something IS going to happen in 2012. I am going to win a LOT of money from bets from people who Think something is going to happen. :-)

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
If nothing happens after 2012... Well congratulations, one person or a group of smart people have managed to scare the hell out of people for decades once again.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Well how universal of you, if nothing happens then everything will go in to nothing
same outcome, even if the end of the world is comming, nothing will hapen after because there will be nothing.
On a more serios note things happen and things don't happen, either they do or they don't. It's part of normality if it did happen.
Think of it this way, no one gets to be gelous because there is no one left behind. If 2012 happens as in the end of the world no one will live, because it's the end of the world as it was ment to be, it's normality, it was planed. Sucks if there is no god and it just happened out of a random event.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cricious
If nothing happens after 2012... Well congratulations, one person or a group of smart people have managed to scare the hell out of people for decades once again.

2012, in my opinion, is not about fear. It is the hope that there will be change, whether it be spiritual, physical or both. We need to wake up and create a better existence.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
What if nothing happens after 2012?

Then everyone carries on their daily lives as normal. Apart from several discredited authors who, i would assume, never sell one more book for the remainder of their career.

Also, for those who have bought into the whole thing hook, line and sinker. Lets hope you dont stand to lose everything after buying bunkers and/or dragging your families through hell in search of 'safety'

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Trinitrytoluol

The old calendar doesn't even predict it. I wish people would stop spreading this rubbish.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cricious

People who peddle the 2012 doomsday nonsense are not smart. There is no evidence supporting their claims, and yet they keep on trotting it out in order to scare folks and make money, or because they're simply too lazy to perform the most cursory research.

It's pathetic. The only good thing about this 2012 rubbish is it lets us see who the irrational people are, and avoid them.

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
it sounds like one of those stories about computer crash or whatnot in the beginning of the year 2000. nothing happened. i am not sure what exactly was supposed to happen to computers, but it made quite a stir...about nothing as it turned out.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I don;t beleive that at all.I have had some psychic visions of the furture.Some very little event will occure about 18 months before the 21 december 2012.This event is a minor event but it relates to a more serious event on the 21 december 2012.I will be watching the news very closely though march to april 2011 to see what this minor event is.If i can see what this minor event is may tell me what will happen on december 11 2012.People watch thoses months and record ever little strange event no matter how small.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I've already said it in another thread and I will state it here, as well.

Nothing is NOT going to happen (translation: SOMEthing or multiple somethings will BY then).

But, should 2013 arrive here without incident, no adjustments to dates, no recanting, I will be through with it all.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
If nothing happens - great! We will still be here worrying worrying worrying...

Maybe if we lived our lives properly we would not have to worry about predictions and instead we might worry about ourselves and other human beings.

If something happens - ok, The End.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Lots of things will happen in 2012. just not the end of the world.

After 2012

2016 and 2020-2022 will be important but I hope people will be fed up with doomsayers by then.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Here it is in a nutshell:

The Calendar ends, signifying the begining of the cycle all over again. a 26,000 year astrological cycle. Thats it. Nothing more!

The earth willnot have a heart attack, we will not ascend into the heavens.

And Jerry Seinfeld will still be hosting the TONIGHT SHOW!

Though I hope Larry the Cable guy or ron white could do it! Or what about Kramer? minus his last standup stint gone wrong, he's damn hilarious!

Also to note: What we think of the Myan calander, is still only its most approximate THEORY! There could be errors. Like any theory, like the theory of evolution for example. But we make sense of figures, symbols, heiroglyphs, etc. and give meaning to certain ones, and to others, other names. All the while being wrong to the original meaning of certain symbols (etc.)

www.ninjavideo.net...

awesome video on cracking the Maya Code.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Something will happen, ATS will have one section less

Is there another calendar out there with predictions of an "end" to follow? If so, we can just rename the section to that year and...wait

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
WHEN nothing happens at midnight we'll just have to wait until December 21, 2012. Since that is when the Mayan calendar ends.

Regardless, nothing will happen then either. It's a calendar. Periods of time come and go. It will just be the beginning of the 13th Baktun. That's it.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Something WILL happen, make no mistake! At 0430 I will wake up, take the dog out for a walk. Freshen the coal fire, and sit in my chair with my coffee watching the morning news. I will notice the date: 12/22/2012 and laugh to myself.....Looks like the start of the new Mayan Long count.

[edit on 1/26/2010 by Submarines]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join