It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if NOTHING happens after 2012?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
No consciousness shift, no Armageddon, no nothing. Just another Y2K. The furor is quickly forgotten as the world continues to be here, and people think and feel the same way.

There's still endless war and suffering in Africa and the Middle East, with no end in sight. Pointless bickering between phony "progressive" and "traditional" parties continues, and the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

The last rainforest is cut down. In its place, the Equator is an ugly brown belt of desert, cattle ranches and tropical agriculture.

The economy has another brief boom, which is followed by an even worse downturn than the one we're in, after people waste their money on pointless stuff they can't afford.

People still scoff the idea that we are not alone, or that there is a life after this one, and as a result people are depressed, nihilistic, and live only for drugs, sex, and at best, their kids.

Our art and culture continues to decline into a cesspool, as nothing but reality television and cheap dance music makes any impact.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
What if we close the 2012 section of the site and stop speculating about it???

IT'S ONLY 3 YEARS AWAY ... JUST WAIT ... BE PATIENT

[edit on 14-11-2009 by Polynomial C]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
We'll probably find that 2015 becomes the new 2012

Mankind always seeks to both frighten and enlighten itself in equal measures!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Polynomial C

IT IS ONLY 3 YEARS AWAY ... JUST WAIT ... BE PATIENT

I'm just saying ... if NOTHING happens ... wouldn't that be kinda lame? I mean, I don't want the world to end, but if there isn't a consciousness shift, I'm gonna be really bummed out, since it will mean the rest of my life will probably be in a world that's still as primitive as it is now!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

i guess youll just have to get ready to be disappointed.
but hey, thats life. one crippling disappointment after another

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

I'm just saying ... if NOTHING happens ... wouldn't that be kinda lame? I mean, I don't want the world to end, but if there isn't a consciousness shift, I'm gonna be really bummed out, since it will mean the rest of my life will probably be in a world that's still as PRIMITIVE as it is now!

oh.. you are one of those people...

Do you really think WE are primitive ? .. Yeah the world is full of "reality tv ,celebrity lovers - plastic people" .. but we are far from primitive .. (we are also far from "advance") we are right in the middle i reckon .. pretty good for an species that had to re-built 5 times ...

link   

IT'S ONLY 3 YEARS AWAY ... JUST WAIT ... BE PATIENT

What a fantastic idea for a discussion forum! anything that's being discussed or speculated about should be stopped immediately! and we should just wait and see!

link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
reply to post by Donnie Darko

i guess youll just have to get ready to be disappointed.
but hey, thats life. one crippling disappointment after another

seriously though ... it's almost easier for me to imagine Armageddon than it is for me to example a second Obama term, much less a Palin term!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I'm just saying ... if NOTHING happens ... wouldn't that be kinda lame? I mean, I don't want the world to end, but if there isn't a consciousness shift, I'm gonna be really bummed out, since it will mean the rest of my life will probably be in a world that's still as PRIMITIVE as it is now!

oh.. you are one of those people...

Do you really think WE are primitive ? .. Yeah the world is full of "reality tv ,celebrity lovers - plastic people" .. but we are far from primitive .. (we are also far from "advance") we are right in the middle i reckon .. pretty good for an species that had to re-built 5 times ...

I don't mean to offend or patronize, there's a lot of WONDERFUL people on this planet ... but most people deep down are only looking after themselves/their family even if they're generally nice, and the people who are in CHARGE are by and large corrupt, though there's some fresh apples in there.

Earth in 2009 is alright, at least in my neck of the woods, but it's so far from Utopia it's not even funny.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
im really excited for it actually, i am so sick of hearing about 2012. its everywhere and its making me sick. sick for 2 reasons, first i will admit it makes me SLIGHTLY(enphasis on slightly) nervous, only because so many are sure something is going to happen, i have a lot going on in my life, i dont want it ending at the moment. but for the most part, all the speculation is driving me nuts! all my favorite web sites, my favortie channels, every other topic/show is about 2012!!!!!! AGHHHHHH!!!!!! i cant wait for it to be over

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to the New Year's Eve party we are going to have December 31, 2011.

The anticipation as the clock strikes midnight....

[edit on 14-11-2009 by elaine]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I'm just saying ... if NOTHING happens ... wouldn't that be kinda lame? I mean, I don't want the world to end, but if there isn't a consciousness shift, I'm gonna be really bummed out, since it will mean the rest of my life will probably be in a world that's still as primitive as it is now!

May as well end it now then...

It will do yourself and probably others a huge favour.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Well we will just go on living as normal & wait for the next depending disaster i suppose

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
If nothing happens after 2012 I'm blaming you, Donnie Darko. You and your ancestors.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I was expecting a lot less ignorance from you people on this thread

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Although I do believe our government is draining the population of our money, future, etc. I do not think 2012 will be a big turning point in any regard.

Now if I where to think outside the box, I would wish that it'd be an "awakening" of sorts among the population, less stupidity, The people would somehow takeover the government and send us back into capitalism. Although this seems highly unlikely.

So my conclusion, 2012 is 30% probable 70% unlikely

[edit on 14-11-2009 by Wes225]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The 2012 crowd are like desperate kids trying to find out the hiding spot for the x-mas gifts ...

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I heard from a little birdy the republicans are planning something big in 2012...

And yes it'll be near the end of the year...

Dun Dun Dun.... Creepy music plays.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
After nothing happens in 2012, the next apocalypse will be 2036 with the passing of the asteroid Apophis. If it passes through a gravitational keyhole in 2029, then it will hit the Earth when it comes back around in 2036 (about a 1 in 250,000 chance).

If it hits the Earth, it will have the effect of 880 megatons of TNT. It wouldn't be the end of the world, but it would cause serious destruction for hundreds of miles around where it hit.

Of course, the possibility of us being hit by an asteroid or comet we don't know about is very real, as well.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Things will happen alright in 2012. Can you say HOAX? 2012 I predict will be the all time greatest year of hoaxes. Remember the story about the Alaskan man setting tires on fire on top of a volcano? He got a lot of giggles, but the news media and locals thought the mountain was exploding.
I feel their will be many UFO hoaxes as well. People with balloons and RC devices with blinking LED's on them.

And lets not forget all of the occults out their with suicide hoaxes, the thing wrong with that is they can't laugh at the end because they are dead.

Maybe, just maybe, a corp. or a gov. will take advantage of the date for profit. I could see them committing hoaxes as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join