It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should guns be allowed in airplanes for example?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
no, only US marshalls should carry guns on planes.....or maybe the pilot.

(and I'm a gun owner BTW)

I'm curious , Do you feel competent with a weapon ? If so, would you utilize it for its
intended purpose , as a last resort, to save a life ? I ask because it appears most posters
simply do not trust 'themselves' to be armed. Admittedly the OP is biased as indicated by the inclusion of " EVERYONE " in his/her inquiry.
No one seems to object to having an armed Air Marshall on board, so is it a matter of training ?
In answer to the OP, I'll play alone with the baited question and answer a resounding NO
" EVERYONE " should not be allowed to board a plane armed.
Additionally, having flown armed on most of my commercial flights I don't understand the farcical fear currently exhibited by the general public.
Would the OP feel comfortable if the; DEA FBI ATF NSA USSS USCP USPIS TSA CBP ICE DOD USMS BOP DHS IRS-CID USMP OSI NCIS. All highly trained individuals flew armed,
on and off duty ? State, locale police, NRA Certified firearms instructors ( many of whom train LEO ) Would this be ok ?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
So you are comparing guns in parks to guns on an airplane? If I am correct the "theory" was that they used box cutters. \

Guns had nothing to so with 9/11. Who cares if they allow guns in parks anyway? Are you afraid someone is going to hijack a park or are you just anti-gun?

Just because you hate guns doesn't mean you have to be absurd in asking "if they allow guns in parks then why not on planes?" If you can't answer that then you need to go back to school...

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
Its a bad idea on airplanes. There were be no easy way to ensure caliber, bullet weight or powder charge.

The fed marshalls that are on the planes carry special ammo that will not go through the hull of the plane.

Joe Average shooting a regular round that through the hull of the plane at 30,000 feet would likey not be a good thing.

A regular round through the hull would hardly be noticed, perhaps if it went through a window.. Stop watching movies ,

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 22-250\
A regular round through the hull would hardly be noticed, perhaps if it went through a window.. Stop watching movies ,

True that.

A bullet can cause explosive decompression in an airplane: busted

Annotated Mythbusters

But when has fact or reality ever won a fight against emotionally driven stupidity and assumption?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join