It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa confirming the possibility of the world end?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I checked and yes, the thread about Nasa's point of view with the movie 2012 is on another thread, matter of fact, it seems to be on threads in alot of places, however, take a look at the obvious and you have to wonder.

Nasa releases an official statement, NASA STATEMENT

This statement precedes the release of the movie 2012, and when they guarantee nothing will occur on the Winter Solstice, well...how do they make assurances after a well forgotten report 4 years ago. NASA IMPACT ALERT PLAN

These guys can't make predictions. They were caught with hours notice before, but they now confidently state that the movie elements are not going to happen.

What needs to be understood, what needs to be defined, is that NO GOVERNMENT body whether it be directly or indirectly affiliated or fund supported, states anything publicly without reason, unless there is a reason.

I could go for hours starting with Fife Symington, the governor of Arizona publicly making a comedy statement about the Phoenix Lights with thousands of witnesses, then recanting with Larry King and now being part of UFO movement seminars.

Making a small thing out of something big and making a big thing out of nothing is government and media nature, so when a body such as the NASA group publicly makes a statement prior to the release of a movie.... When they know they are NOT psychics who can predict the actions of a universe, and can be caught off guard hours prior to a potential impact alert, when NASA makes a statement just prior to the release of a movie, why?

There have been lots of asteroid impact movies, there have been lots of doomsday movies, but, now this movie 2012 is about to be released, and to publicly state in expertise fashion they can warrant no major activity will destroy Earth in 2012, well hmmmmm....maybe they should get into the tsunami biz, after all, if you can predict actions within a universe, you could predict actions within your planet?

V for Vendetta originally scheduled for release November 4th, one day before Guy Fawkes day, was politically forced to release the movie in the following Spring hoping not to cause reaction from the elements of the movie. When government intervenes on movie releases or speaks prior to a movie release, they fear something from the public.

What do they fear? Mass panic! They fear people from all walks will learn more about the Mayan myth, the 2012 and Planet X theories, they fear people might start waking up to a new fear beyond taxation and law, they fear a loss of control.

All the NASA statement does is confirm one thing, that government still fears the mass influence of a public audience detracting from control and governed organization. They fear people will find something to fight for or will find something new to fear more than the laws of their own governance. They fear people. They fear you.

This is the hidden message behind NASA's statement, because they have no chance in hell of being able to guarantee anything WILL or WILL NOT happen on any given date. They are being too bold and arrogant when they write cheques with their mouths they cant guarantee to catch with their asses.

Think on it.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Where exactly are NASA confirming the possible end of the world?
They spotted a NEO nearly 5 years ago that they were concerned for a few hours could hit us it eventually passed us by at a distance of 12 million Km......the BBC story is about formalising a response plan if this scenario were to become an eventuality.

I can't for the life of me see where they are confirming the possibility of the end of the world

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I have Leukaemia, and I don't even consider when I will die. Earth has been here longer than I have and will be here when I am gone.

In any catastrophic event; there are always a number of survivors, so if something did impact with the Earth-there would still be survivors left to carry on and pass on the history to future generations.

2012 is only three years away; if I am here to see if the Mayan prophecy comes true fair enough-if not, I will be watching from the other side. The point being is that life is a gift and each and every moment should be spent being with those we love and love our neighbour, as ourselves. I don't fear tomorrow, as the Lord (my faith and not imposing on those with no belief in a higher power) takes care of it for me.

We just need to tell our loved ones how much they mean to us, regardless,of any future threat or not. They can be taken from us at any time and we have to remember that we don't even know when our own end is coming.

For me, I will, if I am here, not get panicked about the day-I will just remain calm and lean on my faith to sustain me, regardless of what occurs on the day in question.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
rachel07, beautiful words. I asked in another thread a while back about dignity. I believe that TPTB want us to be in a state of fear, it makes us easier to predict and easier to control. They don't care whether we're scared of swine flu, vaccines, mayan death clocks or giant brown dwarf stars, as long as we're afraid of something.

The only way to truely be free is to reject fear, to accept what lies ahead of us with dignity, knowing that whatever it is will not be beyond our ability to cope, and that even if it's something unpleasant, there will be a lesson to learn and we will progress. Death is only frightening if it's the end, so if like you and me, you believe that there is something more to the universe and more to our existence than this mortal 3 score years and ten, you can free yourself of the fear, enjoy the time you have here now, and face whatever comes our way with dignity, love, respect and compassion.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Oohh Ha ha ha (in the classic master villain Laugh) yeah

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15/11/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
i dont see nasa confirming anything at all. no where have they come close to saying anything like that. just because you feel they know something, which might be possible, does not mean they confirmed that. if they know anything its obviously being hidden.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by srslyguyz]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Nor Does one see NASA comfirming anything, at the most they are rebuking webiste claims with regards to 2012, Planet X etc.

Just be like the mysterious object in the Earths Orbit, no responce from them either.

I really do not think, they NASA which is directly funded by the US Govenment is going to confirm alot of peoples fears with regards to 2012 or Planet X. I will take thier rebukes and denials with a pinch of salt.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Instead of worrying about the end. Just be prepared for it.

Know what is and isn't important. Do your best, love deeply and put a little away for a rainy day.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
What I find a bit disturbing is that there is a government agency that is basically telling the public that fiction is just fiction. From there, one must wonder whether we have, as a society, been so 'dumbed down' that this kind of thing is now necessary or... if we are witnessing a more overt effort by the government to help guide our thinking.

I am reminded of the movie, 'Serenity' when young River Tam is advised by her teacher that the government wasn't trying to tell people what to think, just teach them how to.

In this case of the year 2012, it is my personal belief that the great majority of us understand the subject and the situation. And while some of us may be curious as to a few of the individual aspects of the Mayan calendar and amused by the traveling circus that follows, it is actually only a very vocal few who are planning for anything more than buying the movie on DVD and then placing it next to War of the Worlds and Independence Day in our video libraries.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
im really finding some interesting topics on here, 2012 has been on my brain for 2 yrs now.

with what i have read about 2012, its supposed to be a change in the mind! not physically here on earth (everything being destroyed) thats non sense

(from a religious p.o.v. ... why would your god create you and everything in it just for him to turn around and destroy it?)
doesnt make sense to me
and when i said "your" god i mean your interpretation of who/what gd is to you.

the mayans believed there was going to be a great change, but it dealt with the concious and unconcious mind coming together as one!
me personally, im anxious , bc i would love to experience that!

we really should keep our butts out of space too. quit messing with the enviroment and eveything outside of it! gravity pulls us to the earth for a reason! and here we are pushing thru fire to find answers.. nasa is just another organization to mask what they really want to do! Knowledge is deadly, it can literally kill someone, and with the kind of knowledge they have, i dont see how it could turn out for the good! humas have proven over and over what knowledge and power create in one. We all have to be blind not to see the corruption in all these organizations!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
My goodness, people have such a WILD imagination. This is... I dont have words or the right adjectives to describe the *brilliance* of the OP´s conclusoin.

The NASA article, and a not very recent one, CONFIRMS NOTHING about the end of the world, except confirming it is not ending.

BUT, to discredit a very rational and logical Q&A at the NASA article, the OP points out to a BBC website news from 2004!!!! Where NASA talks about the threat of an asteroid! It is a THREAT meaning there is a CHANCE of hitting earth. And that was 2004! Would you please be so kind as to give them the chance to redo their calculations 5 years later?

By the way, there IS an asteroid coming our way. With a CHANCE to hit us. And that has nothing to do with 2012. And NASA doesnt seem to be worried about it either. I guess they did recalculate and are not worried anymore.

But if you prefer, you can always assume NASA is lying so to get the truth you just get everything they say and read the opposite. It´s a nice trick. Unless they are one step ahead of you and KNOW you are going to do JUST THAT, so instead of telling you lies that can be inverted into truth, they actually tell you the truth.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
If NASA said the world will end in 2012, all the 2012 believers would use it as evidence that their 2012 hypotheses are correct. If NASA says the world won't end in 2012, the 2012 believers will say NASA is a tool of the government and covering up the truth.

It's ridiculous. 2012 believers just want to believe - they don't care about facts and science, just nonsense.

As the banner says 'deny ignorance', anyone who thinks 2012 is some sort of special year should be banned, as it's actively encouraging ignorance. It's pathetic.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
So basically the OP is insinuating that no actually means yes.
And as an encore does he go on to prove that black is white and get killed on the next zebra crossing.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
double post, sorry

[edit on 5-1-2010 by pazcat]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Fantastic
I love me some Hitch Hikers.

Yup - the believers will believe even if there is evidence to the contrary. They fit their beliefs into the world, instead of basing them on the world. It's pathetic.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by rachel07

You are truly a blessed person. Thank for your inspiring words. If there is one thing we cannot run and hide from is our own mortality. What ever happens, I for one will stare it in the face. What ever is to be is to be. We are all part of the grand plan. Some are just further from God, Allah, Creation, Prime Creator, what ever you call the supreme being, than others, but we ALL seek the same, to make our way back.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
They only do what they are told, but you are correct. They wouldn't have bothered even mentioning this if they weren't told to. You think NASA cares what people think or believe? They have multi-billion dollar equipment millions of miles away to be concerned about. They were instructed to release the comment by someone who, as has been said, wants to calm the panic, and keep control.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Wow... Mislead much? NASA never confirmed any such thing. I hope that everyone can see through the OP's normal fear-mongering tactics.

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majiq

Wow... Mislead much? NASA never confirmed any such thing. I hope that everyone can see through the OP's normal fear-mongering tactics.

Ya, and not only that, they are doing Fat Lines...

But maybe this is good they are doing Yayo - the program might actually get up to speed...

top topics

join