It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan Does not Exist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Over the years, I have been exposed to religious conspiracies, government conspiracies and educational conspiracies all which in some way or another giver credit to Satan as the ultimate reason for mankinds own downfall and crimes against humanity.

Yet despite all the bickering, every one of Satans critics have failed to produce any evidence that Satan or Lucifer exists at all.

I can show you plenty evidence of Jesus's existance. But after years and years of research I have failed to find any evidence that satan exists. People claim that Satan's spirit can not be traced to a specific origin. I say it's a fib and your lack of evidence is proof that the downfall of humanity lies in their belief on false gods and dieties.

Good and evil was a concept. It was created because man was given free will. If man has free will he has the ability to decieve others through his works. If man is given free will he can create a cause that he sees as justified even though it would be seen unjustified to most people.

There is no such thing as good and evil.

The truth about good and evil is that they are one and the same. It is the positive or negative imprint you leave on others that really makes a difference. That is where the concept of good and evil comes from. Don't push your beliefs on others. Educate. All other paths lead to your own demise.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Wow...you single handedly debunked Satan right there!

Is God next?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12

There is no such thing as good and evil.

Good and Evil, Right and Wrong, are products of man and do not exist in the universe except in the minds of man.

There is only love and fear, everything else is a product of those, including Satan, which as you say, does not exist except in the minds of man.

no disrespect to those that believe otherwise.....

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
“The greatest trick Satan ever pulled on the world was to convince them that he never existed.”
A good quote, because its true.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

That's his best trick, to make people believe he does not exist...
...and he convinced you...

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

“The greatest trick the Easter bunny ever pulled on the world was to convince them that he never existed.”

Prove me wrong..you can't as this is an oxymoron if I have ever read one..

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Oh, no. Satan certainly exists. I know, she gave birth to me 56 years ago. Right now Satan is alive, but not all that well, lying on her back in a nursing home, wondering why nobody comes to visit her.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
“The greatest trick Satan ever pulled on the world was to convince them that he never existed.”

That is YOUR opinion.

I think turning into a snake is way cooler and a "greater trick" by far.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Well then GW. I never thought you posted here. I never thought I would get to know your screen name anyways.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Thank You.

I have seen so many threads like the ones you mentioned that it becomes nauseating. Its the oldest excuse in the book, create this arch enemy for all things good and blame him when people do bad things or when bad things happen.

It amazes me how many people on ATS still believe in the bogeyman. I've heard claims that he's everywhere, influencing people, running the music business. In fact one video in one thread actually claimed the entire music industry was about putting Satanic messages in music and that listening to mainstream music would get you possessed. Now I have no doubt that pop music is atrocious and many musicians are inartistic corporate whores but that doesn't mean they are in league with an invisible dragon-serpent-goat-man-angel-thing.

I see a lot of people who blame the world's woes on this invisible non-existent adversary. People will go to amazing lengths to avoid taking responsibility and facing the consequences of their actions. Admitting that anything might be our fault is against the rules, so let's blame spirits, or in some religions "Thetans", or demons, or the Devil himself.

As well as filling that excuse blank Satan also serves as an enemy for everyone to get riled up about. Kinda like terrorists. An external enemy that is defined and created by those who seek to control you by exploiting your fear or superstition about said enemy.

Star and Flag

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Oh my.. how special we think we are.. when in reality we are a mere speck of cosmic dust floating in a sunbeam. The universe is massive with amazing things happening constantly, we are nothing special. People can't accept that, they would implode.. so they bow down before their sky daddy as a crutch to ensure they can cope with this existence.

link   
I have seen "Satan does not exist" and "God does not exist" threads so many times!

You did not even tell us anything about your research. I would have been interested in hearing about how you went about it and what proved to you Satan's nonexistence.

It does not bother me that you don't believe in Satan but I would like to hear more specifics about how you came to your conclusion.

link   

Good and Evil, Right and Wrong, are products of man and do not exist in the universe except in the minds of man.

There are other animals too. This universe is big, maybe other life signs as well, in the end evrything is organic and none organic. Cells are alive too. Atibodies protect cells from harm. You can't restrict this at the human level. Good and bad exists at a microscopic level in every detail.

There is only love and fear, everything else is a product of those, including Satan, which as you say, does not exist except in the minds of man.

How about I feel nothing, neither of the two, how would you explain this abstract state of being?

[edit on 14-11-2009 by pepsi78]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred

Oh, no. Satan certainly exists. I know, she gave birth to me 56 years ago. Right now Satan is alive, but not all that well, lying on her back in a nursing home, wondering why nobody comes to visit her.

Satan's spawn .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have interacted with people who believe they are accosted daily by evil spirits/demons ..... i truly feel sorry for them .
They certainly are tormented ,a terrible way to live.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by elaine

You are welcome to visit any of my threads HERE.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by 12.21.12]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Does the virus that is attacking the cell think that it is evil? or wrong? no.

It is just surviving. It is your mind that makes the distinction that the virus is bad.

Think about the earth as a whole. In my mind the biggest virus is man.

Would the earth be better or worse off with no humans present?

I stand by my words that right and wrong are a thought only.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Does the virus that is attacking the cell think that it is evil? or wrong? no.

You don't know that, maybe it was constructed to act right and not wrong, it's not for me to decide how it is, it's just how it is in esence.

It is just surviving. It is your mind that makes the distinction that the virus is bad.

But my mind does not control the antibodies, they act on their own, I'm viewing this from a neutral point of view.

I stand by my words that right and wrong are a thought only.

Everything is energy, us, objects, the universe. Energy has a plus and a minus, positive and negative or otherwise you would not have light in your house.

There is negative energy and positive energy.
Energy is converted to electricity, this is the closest form of energy to original form. Our brains runs on electric curent. No food no energy, no electricity to run the brain.

The simplest form to debunk this is look at a batery, it has a plus and a minus. (for real) that is negative energy and positive energy right there.

So bad and good can exist without us.

Are you denying that energy does not exists and it's all made up by our brains?

[edit on 14-11-2009 by pepsi78]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Make sure you remind him of this when he's poking you with the pitchfork.....

Good & Evil don't exist? Are you kidding me? All one must do to prove their existence is to walk outside and continue in any direction. You will see the evidence of both, no matter where you are. If you can't see my friend, you are not looking.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

But positive and negative are just words made up by man. You could call them dumb and dumber, or right and more right. Just because you call them negative, doesn't mean that they are bad, just opposites.

Try to think of it the way I do and call them love and fear, not good and bad.

Just because something is an opposite doesn't make it bad, just opposite.

As far as whether or not a virus thinks its good or bad, or even thinks, in my belief, it doesn't matter. If the virus was attacking me, I would say it's bad. But that is my thought only, which is not the end all or be all of anything.

It is always the observer that makes the decision whether or not something is good or evil, not the action.

In my opinion of course....

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Originally posted by defcon5

He doesn't exist. There is no proof. Not even close.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join