It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tick-tock - the clock is running on Galileo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Tick-tock - the clock is running on Galileo

www.bbc.co.uk

In 2007 when the whole programme was re-shaped, Galileo was given the target of being "fully operational" by 2013; and by that, one would normally mean 27 satellites in orbit. That's not going to happen.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I don't know exactly how long it took the U.S. to put up it's version of the GPS system but one would think with the contribution of multiple countries on your side it would have gone up a lot quicker than it has. Why has it taken so long for them to put this together? It seems as if everyone is now trying to put their own GPS systems in space. Why don't we just all work together to put up ONE system that services us all and is controlled by the U.N. so nobody can disable it during wartime to make the other countries at a disadvantage?

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Oh the UN, now that's a great idea.....why not let the foxes guard the chicken coop.
Please anyone but the UN. They are at the bottom of my "Trust List", right after China.
Hey, here's another idea.....since there are so many government's and different countries, let's put them together and have the UN over see them.

Yeah, dumb idea...I thought you would agree.

Peace

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Why don't we just all work together to put up ONE system that services us all and is controlled by the U.N. so nobody can disable it during wartime to make the other countries at a disadvantage?
reply to post by LifENcircleS

I think you answered your own question there.

The reason each country wants it's OWN GPS sattilites in orbit is so that they CAN disable their enemies systems during wartime so they will be the only one with an advantage.

It's not right or cost effective, It's just the way it is.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoptics
Oh the UN, now that's a great idea.....why not let the foxes guard the chicken coop.
Please anyone but the UN. They are at the bottom of my "Trust List", right after China.
Hey, here's another idea.....since there are so many government's and different countries, let's put them together and have the UN over see them.

Yeah, dumb idea...I thought you would agree.

Peace

I totally agree with that one!!!

top topics

join