It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Battleline
reply to post by john124
Come on now haven't you always wanted to go nuts with a 60 ton tank?Maybe on the streets of New York,can you imagine!
Sorry, just had a flash of vivid imagination
Originally posted by LifENcircleS
What's the worst that they could do? Nuke a couple Alaskan cities...Oh No Don't Melt Our Snow!!! (Apology for those in Alaska. I meant no offense)
* 27 January 2009 — Two Tu-95 flew patrol over the Arctic Ocean and near Alaska. They were accompanied by four USAF F-15 fighters for about 10 minutes.
* 4 February 2009 — Two Tu-95MS were intercepted by two RDAF F-16 fighters when approaching Danish airspace.
* 18 February 2009 — Two Tu-95MS were intercepted by two CF-18 fighters when approaching Canadian Arctic airspace.
* 25 March 2009 — Two Tu-95MS were intercepted by two RDAF F-16 fighters when approaching Icelandic airspace.
* 7 May 2009 — A pair of Russian Tu-95 Bear strategic bombers carried out a 15-hour routine patrol flight over the North Atlantic and the Arctic. The bombers conducted in-flight refueling from Il-78 Midas tankers and were also shadowed by NATO F-16 and RAF Tornado fighters.
* 17 June 2009 — Two Tu-95 Bears, carrying out a routine patrol flight over the Arctic, were shadowed by two British Tornado and two Norwegian F-16 fighters.
* 10 September 2009 — Two Russian Tu-95 Bear strategic bombers carried out a routine patrol flight over the Arctic Ocean. The bombers had spent over 10 hours in flight, and were shadowed by two U.S. F-15 fighters.