It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Movie is Worth watching!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I just saw the movie, Lots of suspense, I through it was quite good, worth watching on the big screen. They had some good actors, I guess that and the special effects were great. Not a bad story either.

The story line is believable, as many scientists have said that the Earth Polls have not been in the same place as they are now, we have proof of that. The only difference between scientist is some say that action happens over Hundreds and thousands of years and this movie makes them happen quickly, so say other scientists who say that’s what cause the Dinosaurs to die off.

All being said plenty action and worth watching.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I may have to take your word for it but I think I will wait for video.

The trailer was SO UNBELIEVABLE that I have already started calling it "Last Action Hero #2".

The whole dodging falling cars and buildings was a bit much.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
I may have to take your word for it but I think I will wait for video.

The trailer was SO UNBELIEVABLE that I have already started calling it "Last Action Hero #2".

The whole dodging falling cars and buildings was a bit much.

I just got back from seeing it and yes there are some exaggerated action scenes, but hey thats hollywood. I found it eerie that they were trying to parallel our current world with a black president, an arnold schwarzenegger character for the california governor etc. It didi have a nice message and in all honesty I was chocked up during a few points throughout the movie. It was just so odd to see the entire world in peril with such crazy graphics. Very gut wrenching.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I just watched it as well, wasen't the best movie. IMO it could have been made alot better. Am not into CGI movies, to much of it IMO. The acting, seen better. I found the humor between the characters a little to much. Just an updated version of Deep Impact!

If your into CGI you'll love it!

3/5!

Tsom87

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I haven't seen it, but disappointed that the government in the movie made large ships to save humanity. What would they do against solar flares?

When in actuality they build underground bases with ventilation on mountains in case of floods.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I liked the movie, it was what it was....

the special effects were good, but it lost any sense of believability when there were able to outrun a super eruption at yellowstone

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RickinVa

My opinion of the movie.

6.5/10 (gets a 6.5 because of graphics alone)

I didint like the fact that the CGI scenes were over exaggerated!!!

the acting was alright, nothing great, no awards for this movie IMO.

it had funny scenes, it had its character interaction that fit in well, but the ONLY thing that have flack with is that the government ONLY let the rich, and genetically superior to survive. i understand in an event like that it would be next to impossible to save everyone, but there should of been an international lottery to choose who goes, and who doesn't... kind of like deep impact.

BTW, its better to see in the theaters, because of the visual effects.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

I'm not sure how great the special effects will look on TV.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
yeah i actually watched the movie on yesterday..

the story line is good, except for the runaway from the super volcano in yellowstone, however that scene does give me some visualization of how bad it will look when yellowstone starts to blow..

the part where they build the arks is incredible too, it makes me think if this has already been set in motions, the building of the arks? it is crazy thoughts but it is possible.

for me , the storyline is good and they were able to throw one or 2 humours into the scenes, i like the part where they were trying to get away in the bentley, the part where it is voice activated was soo funny..

overall, it is a good movie, every single emmerich's movie is good IMO.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I just got back from seeing the film. Though it was a good disaster flick on its own, I can't help but feel that the message is now going to become twisted.

Any average citizen (by average I mean the kind of people who don't take an interest in ATS) that has heard about the 2012 philosophy and then proceeded to see that film will end up connecting those two dots together. The study of the 2012 debacle will now be cast further into the void because a greater concensus of opinion will believe its all about disasters. It disappoints me to see Hollywood portray this topic in such a manner, though I wasn't in the least bit surprised.

To top it off, Woody Harrelson's character was obviously designed to represent us. The people who actually study conspiracy and debate fringe possibilities. They demonstrated his character as a complete lunatic... which disgusted me.

Good disaster movie, grossly mistitled.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
That had to be one of the most cliched and cheesiest movie i have seen.
I could feel braincells fleeing out every orifice trying to escape the stupidity.
If you have to watch it bring a cushion its unnecessarily long and leave your brain at the door.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
well if something like what I just saw in the movie happens for real.. there goes our chance of making it alive with our camping gear, BOBs, SHTF guns, ammo, food and gold coins in the mountains.

That is unless your bug out location was mount everest.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I just finished watching it and enjoyed it. The action kept me on the edge of my seat, and the special effects were great. Yeah, the movie was cheesy but I like a bit of cheese from time to time.

My favorite line in the movie was when one of the characters said some to the effect that when the government tells you not to panic that means it's time to run!

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Great movie. If you can get by the acting. Im trying to not be overcritical of it , Good movie to see with a date. I like movies that make me thankful to be alive when i walk outside. Awesome graphics kudos to the unseen animators. I feel it does take alot from Patrick Geryl's specific 2012 theory and terrifying video he did a few years ago about 2012 on outside the box show . In this video he said Africa was the only safe place ,and unsinkable boats were the only way to survive. These movie designers all visit conspiracy sites like ATS and are alot closer to to us than we think.
Worth it !!!!!

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azador
That had to be one of the most cliched and cheesiest movie i have seen.
I could feel braincells fleeing out every orifice trying to escape the stupidity.
If you have to watch it bring a cushion its unnecessarily long and leave your brain at the door.

I am with you on that, I can honestly say it's the single worst movie i have ever seen.. it made me think of the cheesy disaster movies of the 70's
Just so over the top it was comical.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Durrilll

To top it off, Woody Harrelson's character was obviously designed to represent us. The people who actually study conspiracy and debate fringe possibilities. They demonstrated his character as a complete lunatic... which disgusted me.

Good disaster movie, grossly mistitled.

He was right and was credited as being correct, crazy or not.

Not to mention he seemed like the happiest man on the planet at the very moment.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by lastmanstanding]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
i was not very impressed was hoping for something to do with the mayans, did anyone notice anything in the film a bit wierd???
When the guy was killed in the same tunnel as princess Diana me and my brother looked at each over like

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
i was not very impressed was hoping for something to do with the mayans, did anyone notice anything in the film a bit wierd???
When the guy was killed in the same tunnel as princess Diana me and my brother looked at each over like

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Mod Edit - Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jahrevolution

Well the Mayans in the movie did commit mass suicide, but thats all it showed of them. Woody Harrelson's character, really, how many of us would run towards the volcano screaming "WEEEE YA hoo!" When you have a means of escape. According to the movie all of us here at ATS would rather burn to death than fight for our lives. As far as the story line goes, well, I have read some really bad fanfiction that was better than that. Heck, even video games have a better story line. Some of the deaths were just a little to convineint. Lets kill the stepdad so the lead can get his woman.
All I have positive to say about it was the CGI. I walked a way feeling unsatisfied.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join