It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could Kalid sheikh mohammed go free?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I think we should load all of the terrorists in Guantanamo into a plane, take off,have the pilots jump out, let the plane crash in some horrific fireball, scream accident and be done with it.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

I think with the sheik all you would have to do is light his chest hair on fire and that guy would go up like a roman candle!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

LMAO. They could pay per view that and make an absolute fortune.

Obama is crazy for not trying them in Military court. It is like he wants then to go free.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

Yeah I know he's got to know all this was going to happen, he's a lawyer .I'm not a lawyer and I knew it,Now all the talk is how do they find an impartial jury,It's a good question.

Stormdancer 777 "s got a thread up saying obama said KSM would get a military trail .The way they lie it's almost like they're trying to enflame us.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

I don't know that they are lying as much as they are incredibly stupid and waffling. Obama needs the adulation,so I am sure when nobody liked his idea he decided to change his mind to get some love thrown his way.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthtothemasses

Absolutely not!!!

This guy confessed to the 911 operation, the USS Cole bombing, 7/7 subway bombing in London, the train bombing in Spain, the Bali bombings, the OKC bombings with McVeigh, the Sudan bombing, the Lockerbie plane bombing, the bombing of the space shuttle challenger in '86', the killing of John Lennon, the reason we lost Vietnam, the assassination of JFK, the reason why we had McCarthyism fighting the "pinkos" here in the states, the rise of Hitler in the '30s', the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand to kick off WWI, the assassination of William McKinley, the assassination of Abraham Lincoln, the reason why americans needed slaves from Africa, the reason why Europeans needed to kill "american natives".

MAN!!!!! This guy is the creation of everything that has ever gone wrong! And he's confessed! Now I can sleep well at night.

Exactly !!

Given a pair of pliers, an electric drill, and a carving knife, I bet I could get any poster on this Forum to confess to ANYTHING.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
KSM must be evil. He has confessed to be involved in more plots, than any James Bond villain.

But who wouldn't give bogus confessions if waterboarded 183 times. After seeing the caring treatment of his sons , given by the CIA, he will certainly expect a fair trial and due process.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenshrew

I also believe that he had a hand in the blowing up the Hindenburg and he personally placed that iceberg in front of the Titanic.

Guilty!!! Let's hang em'! I've got the rope right ere'!!

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

If the previous administration has done no wrong as you believe then why worry? Nobody is going to plant evidence back in time right? If indeed the previous administration did anything "illegal" then why not stand for what is right.

For one I do not know wether it's ok or not to bring KSM to NY for trial. It makes sense as he is not termed as Prisoner of War*POW*..if he was it would come under Geneva Convention and Bush could be tried of war crimes for illegal war in Iraq and detaine abuse and totrture as International Criminal Court/Geneva Convention stipulates.

KSM is not detained under status of Prisoner of War but Enemy Combatant, thus he is eligible for trial in civil court.

WASHINGTON, Feb. 8, 2002 – It is because the United States places such emphasis on the Geneva Convention that American officials do not consider Al Qaeda covered by the agreement nor are they willing to award the Taliban detainees POW status.

Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld during a Pentagon press briefing today discussed presidential decisions that White House spokesman Ari Fleischer announced Feb. 7.

President Bush, Fleischer said, had decided that the Geneva Convention of 1949 applies to the conflict with the Taliban in Afghanistan, but not to the conflict with Al Qaeda terrorists in Afghanistan or anywhere else. He also determined that Taliban detainees do not meet the convention's criteria for prisoner of war status.

White House lawyers thought long and hard about the situation before making recommendations to Bush, Rumsfeld said. The lawyers were worried about the precedent their decision could set about detainees in future conflicts, he added.

"Prudence dictated that the U.S. government take care in determining the status of Taliban and Al Qaeda detainees," he said. "When the Geneva Convention was signed in 1949, it was crafted by sovereign states to deal with conflicts between sovereign states." The current war on terrorism is not a conflict envisioned by the framers of the Geneva Convention, he said.

Source: www.defenselink.mil...
Bush and Rumsfield emphasised these prisoners should not come under POW status so they use the loophole in Geneva Convention.

While keeping in mind only POW's are tried in millitary tribunal and not enemy combatants, the previous administration twisted the rules as suited to them. These prisoners should have been tried in a Civil Court from the beginning under the status of "Enemy Combatant".

Millitary Tribunal is designed to put on trial P.O.W and not enemy combatants.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
[edit on 15-11-2009 by TheChosenOne]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
[edit on 15-11-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Let's say theoretically he does get released. Do you know where he is? In the middle of New York City. Street justice

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join