It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FACT CHECK: Palin's book goes rogue on some facts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

By CALVIN WOODWARD, Associated Press Writer Calvin Woodward, Associated Press Writer – Sat Nov 14, 11:18 am ET

WASHINGTON – Sarah Palin's new book reprises familiar claims from the 2008 presidential campaign that haven't become any truer over time.

Ignoring substantial parts of her record if not the facts, she depicts herself as a frugal traveler on the taxpayer's dime, a reformer without ties to powerful interests and a politician roguishly indifferent to high ambition.

Palin goes adrift, at times, on more contemporary issues, too. She criticizes President Barack Obama for pushing through a bailout package that actually was achieved by his Republican predecessor George W. Bush — a package she seemed to support at the time.

A look at some of her statements in "Going Rogue," obtained by The Associated Press in advance of its release Tuesday:

It would almost be amusing if it weren't so pathetic. I wonder if ex. Gov. Palin even considered that her book might be read by people that would check out her claims.

Just another nail in her political coffin. Her devotees will buy her book and make her one wealthy ex. Gov; actually that was brilliant strategy but was probably conceived by her A&R people.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Seriously? The very same people that worship at the feet of Rush and Glenn will overlook these minor discrepancies that you are clearly blowing al out of proportion to make Ms. Palin the new Cleopatra of Maerica as she so rightly deserves. How dare you besmirch her clearly perfect persona. Your name is now on the list.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I think regardless of that, she will still be a good public speaker. Most politicians take liberties with their books.

Her power is not in the written word, nor is it in prepared speeches. She's a charismatic speaker that people seem to relate to. She has an amazing ability to use keywords and phrases to play an audience. She has a future as a political speaker and fund raiser barring some sort of major slip up.

This book isn't that slip up, her fans will still show up to her speeches and rallies. Those that already disliked her will continue to.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
See? I told you so.

choose your second line from any one of our stylish designs...

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

You know the Liberal's obsession with Sarah is quite comical. It kind of reminds me of how when you meet a woman and you both hate each other right off the bat, and then later you find yourselves having great, passionate sex together.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
reply to post by whaaa

You know the Liberal's obsession with Sarah is quite comical.

the reason liberals are obsessed with her is because shes one of those jokes that are so funny no matter how many times you hear it you still have to laugh.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I wonder if ex. Gov. Palin even considered that her book might be read by people that would check out her claims.

...that would take a fully functional brain - so, the answer is, of course not... she's just a trojan hoochee regurgitating subliminal messages that makes the programmed get all warm and fuzzy inside...

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Fact checking a book by Sarah Palin is about as necessary as fact checking The Wizard of OZ.

Girl got paid tho!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

It won't be so funny to you all when she is President in 2012, after the dems manage to piss of the entire country in only a few short years of being left to themselves.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
reply to post by whaaa

You know the Liberal's obsession with Sarah is quite comical. It kind of reminds me of how when you meet a woman and you both hate each other right off the bat, and then later you find yourselves having great, passionate sex together.

So you don't see Palin apologists as being obsessed? They always seem to show up to defend her at any opportunity. That seems pretty obsessive to me. Pot/ Kettle perhaps?

[edit on 14-11-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Well you see they are suppposed to be obsessed by her because they support her. I don't know that they really apologize for her as much as they just like to show their support of her. Too bad she is not black or we could all scream racism, like the folks on the other side love to do.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

because thats so likely to happen

if she runs ill vote for her. nothin' like the ol' sympathy vote eh?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

I enjoy ex. Gov. Palin and her antics. I find them and her very interesting political characters; just like I find the Clintons interesting. And she is very pretty.

But I can predict that when I author another thread about ex. Gov. Palin, old HotSauce will be there to contribute. Is that obsessive? Maybe, maybe not. It's just a game.

And if you respond to this post....I'm callin it an obsession on YOU.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Personally, I probably wouldn't vote for Sarah because she doesn't have enough experience, but she will probably get elected in 2012.

My logic is that we had enough idiots to vote Obama in with his lack of experience and his Marxist views, so there will probably be enough fools to vote for Mrs. Palin next time around. Personally, I am a Fred Thompson kind of guy.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Sarah is writing from her perspective of life and I don't think she is
presenting (so far anyway) to become the next GOP's nominee for presidency.
She will need a lot of money to pursue a campaign but she might support a
nominee. I will be interested in reading the literary reviews and the scheduled
Oprah interview. If she chooses to not mention certain facts that is her
choice ... like she hasn't mentioned Levi in her book. And she didn't know
her daughter was having sex and fell pregnant. I see that as a fair comment
whose parent's do?

What ever your political ideology she is entitled to her point of view so long
as she doesn't libel anyone the book should sell well in America at least.

As a non American I will not comment on her political profile and suitability.
She demonstrates that she doesn't hide her personal ideology regarding
politics and world view, and if enough Americans share this, well she might
still have a political future. Time will tell.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Palin plays the game very well she blames the media for her own failings which in turn gives her more ammunition for future books . Other wise It looks like no one other then her die hard supporters want her president but they are willing to use her as a tool against political opponents. The Republican Party treated MacArthur in a similar manner as I understand things .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

Originally posted by whaaa
I wonder if ex. Gov. Palin even considered that her book might be read by people that would check out her claims.

...that would take a fully functional brain - so, the answer is, of course not... she's just a trojan hoochee regurgitating subliminal messages that makes the programmed get all warm and fuzzy inside...

Just change "hoochee" to "community organizer" and it quite well describes another popular politicalcritter.........oops. I suppose this inference warrants me being labeled a racist.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
xpert11: Playing TO the media is every successful politician's tool. Sarah
got ridiculed every time she opened her mouth, and internationally most people
queried how she got the VP nominee. It was because of personal presentation
and also her right wing politics.

Even in my country a politician's personal presentation and public persona is sometimes more important than their politics. Personally I felt she was vibrant, very attractive and politically not experienced. Give her a go! To take on the VP nomination is a big jump and at least she had the guts to accept it.
Particularly if as was revealed in the media, she had problems in the family
sphere she still battled on.

Personally I think she would make a good ambassador for Alaska. Certainly
aiming at the tourism market.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bush bunny

As a Kiwi I was a keen observer of the last US presidential cycle . I understand the reasoning behind Palin VP ticket selection . Why Palin blew her chance on the big stage is now history . One thing I will say is that ambition got the better of her and that the final nail in her political career coffin at least for now , was her resigning from office before her term was up . Rush better watch out because Palin is looking to inherit his crown .

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Her facts are sound, it's just the liberal media attacking her

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join