It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the future like in reading the bible...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
...if everything in the bible happens? Will the bible be closed then completely? Or will it be historical, say, wherever you end up? Or will the bible then, way in the future after everything in it happens, still hold relevance?

Or, do you think, by a higher power, everyone will be released from ever knowing anything in the bible and having been here on planet earth? And do you think somewhere is a 'go back to' before the bible and this particular world?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

Do you know the difference between those who can listen, and those who can hear? When Jesus says, let those with ears hear, do you think a vast part of the population didn't have physical ears?

In the "end", it all boils down to understanding vs acceptance. Religions of today teach "acceptance" of the bible and religion. If you don't "accept" it, then you are "wrong".

But what it's really about is understanding, not acceptance.

Proverbs 9
6Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

7He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot.

8Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

9Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.

10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

This is best understood with math. I'm assuming you know how to do math, and thus because you understand math you can see the difference between understanding math, and just accepting and repeating math.

So, in terms of understanding and math, lets take a simple math equation. 1+1=2.

Now, any man can "accept" that 1+1=2. Any man can repeat that 1+1=2 true all day long. But that does not mean he understands why 1+1=2. Because he does not understanding why 1+1=2, and does not understand math he is unable to apply it to his daily life. Meanwhile, the man who actually understands math, he can apply the understanding and improve his life on a daily basis.

Likewise, the man who does not understand math and only accepts/repeats 1+1=2, is unable to see that 2+2=4 is also another true statement. Because he doesn't understand.

As you understand math, you can see the difference between accepting 1+1=2 is true, and understanding 1+1=2 is true.

How do you know which of the following math expressions are true?

1+1=2
2+4=9
4+1=2
4+4=8

Only based on understanding. So anyone can "listen" to the words of the bible and repeat them. But only those who understand "get it".

Proverbs 8

8All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them.

9They are all plain to him that understandeth, and right to them that find knowledge.

10Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.

11For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

The reason Jesus speaks in parables is because those who understand will "hear" him, but those who do not understand do not hear him at all, thus the let those with ears hear.

Knowledge of the holy is just like that, understanding. As such it is universal to any man who seeks it. However, the manner in which they express it may change. If an American Indian says "The great spirit", I know exactly what he is talking about. Is that the same thing I call it? Not exactly. But I recognize in the understanding that the same thing is being expressed.

This is why a 1 world religion is not needed and is bad. Because what happens with 1 world religion will be a religion of acceptance forces it onto the rest of the world. And they will do so because they do not understand. They will demand that only their expression is allowed.

In this manner, the acceptance becomes a replacement for the understanding. Which is no different than idolism. Thus the manipulation and so forth, such is how they blind men from the understanding. The expression becomes a replacement for the understanding.

The bible becomes a replacement for the word of god. No language of man can capture the true word of god. It's like trying to say 1+1=2 is the only true math expression. At best, it can only be a true expression. And yet, knowing if it is a true or false expression of that is no different than the math, you must understand to really know.

But those who don't understand are just poor in spirit. They just don't understand. And it's not all doom and gloom for them. "Revelation" and Appocalypse means to be revealed. It's talking about a time when the understanding comes to light. It's talking about a time when that understanding "rules" the world, "rules" the heart of men.

You only need to deceive good people. If they were evil people, then you do not need to deceive them into doing evil things. So, when the truth is revealed to those people, they will accept it, understand and so forth.

And when that happens, it basically renders "evil" powerless. When the truth is revealed, the lies are done. It happens in single people now all the time, if/when it becomes the entire world, then well that will be a great day.

Real truth can only be understood, not told.

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

That is the reason the world can not recieve the spirit of truth. They accept and so they do not understand.

Psalm 82

1God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.

3Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

4Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

6I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

7But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

8Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

If the bible is done away with, then it would be out of absolute ignorance to what it says. Most people make their judgments on the way religious people act, as if how they act is a reflection of it. And yet, how they act is opposite of what the bible actually says.

I'm not a christian, I am not in favor of organized religion. But I understand that the bible gives alot of truth - if you can understand it.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

I don't think I could answer all your questions because I'm really not sure I understand them all.

But re the one question "What's the future like in reading the bible..". I think the Bible will still be very relevant after the re-appearance of the Christ.

Once the dogma and the bias is stripped away the Bible will remain to be an excellent source of wisdom and inspiration. But it's going to take a certain amount of humility and lack of pride to accept that any one particular religion is not the "only" way to enlightenment. Only through self awareness can we ever become One with God. If a particular religion teaches this then that's great, but if other religions teach it also then that's even better. Religions are like ladders, once they are used then they need to be discarded or passed on to those that need them. The real truth lies within. Always has, always will.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo__

Yes, dogma = acceptance in replace of understanding. That will surely go away, there is no need for it once understanding is gained.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hmm. I see. Interesting replies so far.

This is not a one line.

This is not a one line.

join