It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water On Moon: NASA Hails ISRO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Water On Moon: NASA Hails ISRO

images.google.com

NASA said the M3 team found water molecules and hydroxyl at diverse areas of the sunlit region of the moon's surface, but the water signature appeared stronger at the moon's higher latitudes.

Data from the Visual and Infrared Mapping Spectrometer, or VIMS, on NASA's Cassini spacecraft and the High-Resolution Infrared Imaging Spectrometer on NASA's EPOXI spacecraft contributed to confirmation of the finding.

"The data from Cassini's VIMS instrument and M3 closely agree," said Roger Clark, a US Geological Survey scientist in Denver and member of both the VIMS and M3 teams.

"We s
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This is my first "real" post so I hope I have done it correctly. Please advise if I have not. Also please move if need be.
I am surprised by the picture in the article which makes me wonder just what else "lies," eh hem, ahead with NASA. Why can't we get real color pictures of the moon showing what is in this picture? Or is this picture CG?

images.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I don't know what happened or what I did wrong but will try this.

news.outlookindia.com/item.aspx?666719

Well that doesn't work either. Can someone please help me out with this as I have obviously had an epic fail here.......

Ok..third times a charm? I am going to try this....
news.outlookindia.com...

[edit on 14-11-2009 by savageheart]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
why are some people so negative about this? lol its gotta be a false flag!!!!!

GUYS... BE HAPPY... THERE IS WATER ON THE MOON...

NOW IF EARTH IS DESTROYED... THERE IS A CHANCE OF SURVIVAL.

but some of you dont like that idea... huh

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I wasn't trying to portray any negativity, I apologize if it came off that way. My basic question is, as many others have asked, why can't we get these type of color pictures in real format? I am absolutely ecstatic that there is water on the moon. It goes to prove quite a bit with relation to ET and conspiracy theories throughout the years.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I agree. The Hubble has been pointed at the Moon before.. even after NASA said it couldn't be done. The Hubble can take awesome high resolution color pictures from billions of miles away.. and yet it cannot take some good color pics of the lunar landing site to finally prove the landings happened once and for all?.. that makes no sense. Proof to me of NASA's lies. Therefore Yes, we Can have these great pictures of the Moon but we won't ever get them because NASA is hiding something.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by savageheart

I notice that this seems to be made out to be such a huge discovery. But wasn't it just a few months ago that India made this discovery in their lunar mission, done without crashing big rockets into the moon?

I guess if the discovery was made by a nation of brown people, it just doesn't count until the Americans make the "Oh golly gee, there is water on the moon" discovery for themselves.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

I agree, however the date of this particular article is 11/15/2009. I not only found that interesting but the fact that more detail seems to be involved than previously mentioned. Or, it is possible that I missed such, and I am also beginning to believe that NASA is no longer in the forefront of such discoveries.

Do you think we will ever know the truth about this endeavor?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by savageheart
reply to post by bluestreak53

I agree, however the date of this particular article is 11/15/2009.

No it isn't.

Water On Moon: NASA Hails ISRO Lalit K Jha/Washington | Sep 24, 2009

news.outlookindia.com...

The observations by Chandayaraan-1 were a joint effort. NASA provided the instrument. India provided the spacecraft.

[edit on 11/15/2009 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The date of this particular article is indeed Nov. 15, 2009 as stated in the upper left corner. The story itself was filed September 24, 2009.

Nov 15, 2009
Wires gadkari appears set to become next bjp president

[edit on 15-11-2009 by savageheart]

[edit on 15-11-2009 by savageheart]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hey savageheart, you might want to look again at the article today. The date has changed in the upper left corner to the 17th. I believe that you may be mistaken as to the actually dating of this article.

I agree it must be frustrating not to see color on the surface of the moon considering its already pale grey and black terrain. Hope we one day colonise it... though after the world reforms itself...

top topics

join