It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must Watch Video: Glenn Beck special on Black America

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Actually the Glenn Beck special was supposed to air last week on 11-6-09 but he had problems with his appendix.The interview with Murdoch was that weekend, after the special was supposed to air.There could have been some chicanery going on there, but who knows? Personally i think Glenn catches a lot of flak from people that never watch his show and just parrot what other people say about him.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
In my eye i see this as a white guy calling and black man the n word then later sayin no no im not racist i have three black friends when are you going to understand that its deeper lying than that.

it's like me and my girlfriend she loves cats but i despise them we have two and i have to live with them feed them and clean their litter box when she is not around but that doesn't change the fact that i don't like cats.

i dont agree with people yelling racist at others just because they dont agree with obama's . that in it self is racist. it like oh he is black so dont threat him bad he was a slave.

i cant wait for my generation to run the show wonder what that'll be like

just so you know i do pet the cats when they come around and i pass the paperbag test

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
I watched the special. I was heartned by the fact that these Americans felt that political correctness has gone rampant in this country.I feel as though we are beginning to see the people of America cominging together,out of pure reason and not political or racial bias.

It is high time for all of us to just be honest in our thoughts and actions.

There useful idiots, pure and simple. They feeling like political correctness has gone to far is a joke. I would agree with you and these people if racism was done in this country, but it's not it just went under the table. Ask yourself why do we still have laws on murder or stealing. Or any law for that matter, it's because we as humans are still the animals that we where hundreds of thousands if not thousands of years ago. I know there's no law except public distancing from non PC comments, but if you expect that people don't need to worry about PC and have moved from being racists to enlightened we don't need murder or any law because we would know it's wrong. We have PC because in this freaking country we can't respect anybody that isn't in our group (black or white or whatever nationality, including class), and if you don't believe it look at the crowds and the tea baggers earlier this fall. You had mentally and emotionally unstable people being stirred up to incite thuggishness against anything Obama. Many of the stuff they where yelling about wasn't anything about the healthcare but about esoteric issues that they felt (which this isn't my country anymore, but it was up to Obama's inauguration). Then 2 weeks ago when McChrystal was at West Point, a student asked him If you disagreed with the president (the Afghan issue) if you should follow his orders. The reason why this is significant is what is making Westpoint grads question IF they should listen to their commander in chief. It's because they and others don't respect him and don't consider him legitimate.

And for you not to have PC or anything you must have respect for the individuals, but we don't respect anything but our groups in this country. So lets use an example like it's okay to say racial sterotypes and or names in public without any problem, lets use african american ones. Imagine a newscaster on FOX or CNN or MSNBC making a comment to a black american situation saying "those spooks should clean up their neighborhoods" or "those black kids are acting like a group of monkeys" etc. etc.. Those same black conservatives if they have half a brain wouldn't like it, but so what they can do it now because there isn't any repercussions from doing it. Then add to the fact that once it's okay to say or do things like this, then those same mentally and emotional people will be showing their hatred without no issue, because they will say you N*****s this or that or Spooks this or that etc. etc.. And if you attack them or jump to fight them, then they can have you arrested and nothing will happen to them because of them instigating the fight or situation. Also racism will be rampant and outright discrimination too.

These Alack or Asian or Hispanic individuals who believe or say that we don't need PC or affirmative action or whatever, are in a delusional state. They think that because it's not happening to them or they haven't noticed it or even that they will be protected because they are on the RICH team or the IN groupl It's the classic divide and conquer scenario. You get a groups own people to go against their own best interest. Then when it's done, you throw those useful idiots under the bus once and for all with their people. Just because a black person says it, doesn't mean it's right. If you understand people and groups, understand that all these laws and societal mores that have been put up are used to make sure that we get along with each other. People (as you should know) will only allow themselves to be disrespected for so long, then they will force that respect. And these things are used to make sure that we don't have any force, because if every group in this country decided to fight against disrespect from each other, then this country will be broken up into as many pieces as their are groups.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I don't think Glenn Beck is a racist. I DO however, believe him to be a disinfo-agent of the most dangerous kind. The kind that will make you "feel" he's with you, then stab you in the back. He has proven this many times on his show. Also, he is fooled by the false assumption that the Nazi-like Neo-Cons are any different than the Marxist Liberals. Both are the pawns of the enemy NWO crowd intent on taking away all our freedoms.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shaddowkhan
In my eye i see this as a white guy calling and black man the n word then later sayin no no im not racist i have three black friends when are you going to understand that its deeper lying than that.

it's like me and my girlfriend she loves cats but i despise them we have two and i have to live with them feed them and clean their litter box when she is not around but that doesn't change the fact that i don't like cats.

i dont agree with people yelling racist at others just because they dont agree with obama's . that in it self is racist. it like oh he is black so dont threat him bad he was a slave.

i cant wait for my generation to run the show wonder what that'll be like

just so you know i do pet the cats when they come around and i pass the paperbag test

How about you watch the video buddy? Why is that so many liberals call Beck a racist and then admit to never even watching the show? They say things like 'I don't need to have watched his show to know he's racist.' Ya well where did your opinion come from then? Liberal TV? Liberal forums and blogs? How about you come up with your own opinion? Watch the video, and if you still think he's racist that 100% fine. I just ask that people have informed opinions. Don't spit venom and say things that show you don't know anything about the guy.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

Actually it's because he uses so many "dog whistles." It could just be that he doesn't know what he's saying and thus, "false alarm" - entirely possible, these terms and sneaky meanings have been hammered into conservative rhetoric for so long now, I would wonder if the young 'uns like beck are even aware of what they're saying. Yay for indoctrination.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Actually it's because he uses so many "dog whistles." It could just be that he doesn't know what he's saying and thus, "false alarm" - entirely possible, these terms and sneaky meanings have been hammered into conservative rhetoric for so long now, I would wonder if the young 'uns like beck are even aware of what they're saying. Yay for indoctrination.

Can you provide some examples of terms and sneaky meanings built into conservative rhetoric please?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

im not saying hes racist until hes proven non-racist.

im saying talking to black people on a show in no way will prove he isnt. which proving he isnt is what im assuming the point of your thread is.

I would like you to prove you are not a Racist.*

*I'm being serious, prove it.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127
Electric, obviously from this comment you did not watch the videos. Most of the special is not Glenn Beck talking.... its African Americans.

Seriously please watch the videos then comment.

[short rant]

Hello?

If they are born in America.. then they are native Americans. Why use the word "African" like there is some other kind of American? Seriously!

Did Glenn Beck do a video on Americans or on immigrants? *ahem*

I don't want to hear any SF-181 B.S. cause there is only ONE NATION where people are born at that has that form and that is the U.S. of America!

[/short rant]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I think his point was, that trying to prove that you are not a racist is pointless and silly.

When someone goes out of their way to prove they are not racist it doesn't prove that they are not racist. It just proves that they are trying to prove that they are not a racist.

(I'm not claiming that Beck is a racist btw. I'm just saying that this debate is a bit silly)

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dzonatas

Electric, obviously from this comment you did not watch the videos. Most of the special is not Glenn Beck talking.... its African Americans.

Seriously please watch the videos then comment.

[short rant]

Hello?

If they are born in America.. then they are native Americans. Why use the word "African" like there is some other kind of American? Seriously!

Did Glenn Beck do a video on Americans or on immigrants? *ahem*

I don't want to hear any SF-181 B.S. cause there is only ONE NATION where people are born at that has that form and that is the U.S. of America!

[/short rant]

You can call them black or African American. Doesn't really matter to me. I know many people that are American's foremost, but identify themselves by their heritage of Greek, or Italian, or Russian, etc.

So yes they are Americans primarily, but I am not going to get all riled up over something so minor. Saying African American or black isn't the issue to me. Its the lives of African Americans in America, how they are treated if they are conservative, and lastly the absurd nature of many liberals to call all conservatives racist.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrVertigo
reply to post by Rockpuck

I think his point was, that trying to prove that you are not a racist is pointless and silly.

When someone goes out of their way to prove they are not racist it doesn't prove that they are not racist. It just proves that they are trying to prove that they are not a racist.

(I'm not claiming that Beck is a racist btw. I'm just saying that this debate is a bit silly)

Well saying something like that is based on the assumption that the reason Beck had this special was purely for the reason of trying to prove he isn't racist. That I think is not true especially if you watched the videos and saw what was being discussed. None of it was about Beck at all. And Beck has never been the sort to get bent out of shape based on what liberals think of him. He encourages dissent and debate, and even encourages people to research things and correct him if he was mistaken.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Just something to think about when discussing Beck as a racist.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I wasn't really assuming that Beck's purpose with the special was to prove that he is not a racist.
What I am saying is that the fact that Beck has done a special about black people can't really be used to argue that he is not a racist.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

You can call them black or African American. Doesn't really matter to me.

It matters to US!

Please review this video clip: 2/4 2m40s

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well, lets talk about Glenn Beck? Now, is he a racist as some on the left have claimed? Well, that is their opinion of the man, and you know the thing about opinions, and it relates to our posteriors, which everyone has. I have no idea if he is a racist, and personally, I don't care. That is his personal business. I can maybe count on my hand how many times I have seen his show whether it is on FOX or when he was on CNN-HLN. I have just never had any interest in the bag of goods he is trying to sell. Personally, there is something about the man that does rub right with me.

He seems disingenuous about his views and stances on particular topics. Personally, I think he is out to elevate himself first and foremost, rather than, progressively elevate America, as he would like you and I to believe, he is doing. He is not the only one I feel this way about, because they are others guilty of the same thing on both sides of the political divide in the MSM. Politicians and media professionals are looking more and more the same everyday, one whores themselves for votes, while the other, whores themselves for ratings and fame. More on Beck, I think his shtick is rather cheap and tacky. The whole crying thing is way over the top and only making him look like a fool.

Now, this is a modern news man that we should listen to and value their analysis on the topics of the day? It is truly disgusting how low this guy will go to ram his asinine opinions down our throats from his bully pulpit. This is not a rail against Glenn Beck, but all of them, on both sides of the spectrum. Phew! I am happy I have gotten that off my chest.

Now, for the topic at hand. Glenn Beck's foray into the black experience in America. Personally, I have no idea what his aim was behind that show and I watched all the clips. I heard a lot of talk about Barack Obama and if they voted for him. That alone should raise alarms about his candor on the real reason he gathered those folks on his show. Plus, I heard a lot of Conservative talking points from his guests which should raise other alarm bells. Was he truly trying to look at the black experience in America through an object sociological lense, or one, with an underlying political agenda, walking the line of the of the left right paradigm in this country? From what I saw, I am under the assumption that he was, and once again, taking the American people for ride. Just my opinion on the subject. Oh yes, and another note, could this be in response by his master's at FOX News to Soledad O'Brian's show "Black in America," which previously aired on CNN? Could it just be war against the networks, and nothing more?

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Sorry friend, but it makes many of us legitimately emotional when watching what is happening to our country. To watch political correctness and special interests take over. To watch our elected officials, both Republican and Democrat completely ignore the constitution and subvert it. For those of us that are upset with these things, it illicits a very real emotional response.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I echo your sentiments entirely, Johnny, and I am as disappointed as you and many others. However, I am trying to look at the hidden meaning behind this recent segment you have presented by Glenn Beck, and that is all. Now, if it was an honest attempt by Glenn Beck to showcase in an objective sense the misfortunes of those he invited on his show, then great and I applaud him for it, but I am on the fence about his candor. There is something about the man that makes my skin crawl.

Now, were these people hand picked by FOX News to walk their line of business in news or were they invited anonymously? These are questions we all should be having about this show. Plus, did Glenn Beck have a secret agenda with this show, and an agenda, that meets his aims as well as his masters, and not the aims of his guests? Although, he would make us all believe that it was their opportunity to voice their concerns, but staged in a way to walk the Conservative agenda. Your contribution was very good, but I have some questions about the substance of it. Oh yes, and again, I am as disappointed as you are about our politicians and their circumvention of the Constitution! Keep up the good work, friend, and thanks for the response.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

Maybe. I don't think Beck did this because he wanted to disprove he's racist, which I've never seen him say anything racist.

I think he did it to show not all Black people like Obama, even if they did vote for him just because he's Black.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51

I echo your sentiments entirely, Johnny, and I am as disappointed as you and many others. However, I am trying to look at the hidden meaning behind this recent segment you have presented by Glenn Beck, and that is all. Now, if it was an honest attempt by Glenn Beck to showcase in an objective sense the misfortunes of those he invited on his show, then great and I applaud him for it, but I am on the fence about his candor. There is something about the man that makes my skin crawl.

Now, were these people hand picked by FOX News to walk their line of business in news or were they invited anonymously? These are questions we all should be having about this show. Plus, did Glenn Beck have a secret agenda with this show, and an agenda, that meets his aims as well as his masters, and not the aims of his guests? Although, he would make us all believe that it was their opportunity to voice their concerns, but staged in a way to walk the Conservative agenda. Your contribution was very good, but I have some questions about the substance of it. Oh yes, and again, I am as disappointed as you are about our politicians and their circumvention of the Constitution! Keep up the good work, friend, and thanks for the response.

I would say the reason he did this show was multi-faceted. It seems like it was to show how many African Americans grew up, and additionally some of the problems in that community that shun anything conservative. Additionally, I think it was to show that conservatives are also minorities, not just a bunch of wealthy white guys in suits as many try to portray it. And lastly it was to give a forum to conservative blacks that otherwise are shunned and not given a voice within their own communities and social circles.

In addition to all of that, to me it also shows the hypocrisy of many liberals who encourage tolerance, but then are the least tolerant themselves. Of course I preface that all liberals are not this way, but far too many are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join