It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LHC to Finally Start Next Week, Again

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
Looks like that "Time Traveling Bird" that was sent from the future to destroy the collider failed in his mission!

Did a Time-Traveling Bird Sabotage the Hadron Collider?

I guess they'll just have to send "The Terminator" next!

I guess there's a lesson in this though for those people from the future, ...

Never send a bird to do a "Terminators"job.

Silly people from the future.

[edit on 11/14/2009 by Keyhole]

I think if this proves anything its that just because someone is a scientist doesnt mean they are impervious to stupid theories. "time traveling bird"...... they went to university and thats what they came up with. jesus thats scary.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Correct me if I'm wrong but the time theory was created before the bird incident and only detailed that possibly "something" was reaching back through time and preventing the LHC from working because the Higgs-Boson particle might actually be abhorrent to nature. It was the media that then combined that theory and the baguette incident into one ridiculous sounding theory.

[edit on 15/11/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Any way, lets hope it works this time! Not long to wait! Unless those pesky devils really are stopping it from the future, watch this space!

Nah, I rather hope it fails, because I find it amusing.

Multi-million dollar pos, just how much did it cost anyway, and why is it so important to simulate the big bang. What a waste.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Centurionx

Multi-million dollar pos, just how much did it cost anyway, and why is it so important to simulate the big bang. What a waste.

Do you realise just how much that can be learnt from a particle collider of this magnitude? Proving the existance of the Higgs-Boson particle alone would be earth-shatteringly important to our future development of technology and understanding of the Universe...

en.wikipedia.org...

Experimental detection of the Higgs boson would help explain the origin of mass in the universe. The Higgs boson would explain the difference between the massless photon, which mediates electromagnetism and the massive W and Z bosons, which mediate the weak force. If the Higgs boson exists, it is an integral and pervasive component of the material world.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
If it fails this time I think it should be taken as a sign that it's not to be.

Then they could turn it into the worlds biggest fair-ground attraction maybe ! Imagine the length of the queue

Woody

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I think they got the blueprints and design from Douglas Adams before he died have stumbled on the improbability drive that powered slartibartifasts ship in hitch hykers guide to the galaxy.. So with that in mind, my money is on a giant whale falling from the sky... With a baguette in its mouth.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I was having one of those eye opening discussions with my 87 year old neighbour about the GHC today. A man of few words and simplistic yet sometimes awe inspiring logic, his contribution to the discussion went like this.

Higs Boson, If your stuck trying to prove it exists...it dosnt exist.
Followed by the immortal line.... " Im telling you, no good will come of this, I say, no good"

I just love this man.

Respects

[edit on 15-11-2009 by captiva]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
I was having one of those eye opening discussions with my 87 year old neighbour about the GHC today. A man of few words and simplistic yet sometimes awe inspiring logic, his contribution to the discussion went like this.

Higs Boson, If your stuck trying to prove it exists...it dosnt exist.
Followed by the immortal line.... " Im telling you, no good will come of this, I say, no good"

I just love this man.

Respects

[edit on 15-11-2009 by captiva]

Is that for real?

There's a humour that comes with getting old, and it rocks!

You should put that in your signature !

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The opinion of some scientist about LHC experiment...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

MMP

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I hope that the LHC doesn't fail again because I can't wait for the new discoveries! The idea of this machine shaping the future is pretty cool in my book.

Having said that, my skeptical side has a sneaking suspicion that a fire or something like that will break out and we'll have to wait even longer.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Like the idea of natural intervention, so often true. Can anyone give me odds on the following, may be quite long odds I'd guess:

1. Anti-matter lightning strike link to recent ats post

2. Massive 'Lasius neglectus' ant infestation! link to recent ats article

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I'm going with rodents gnawing through some crucial wiring. It may be possible to determine if they are time travellers & from how far into the future, by examining mitochondrial DNA mutation compared to current specimens.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) could restart as early as this weekend after more than a year of repairs.

Officials have avoided giving an exact date for sending beams of protons around the 27km (17 mile) circular tunnel which houses the LHC.

The LHC was first switched on in 2008, but had to be shut down when a faulty electrical connection caused one tonne of helium to leak into the tunnel.

The vast machine is located 100m below the French-Swiss border

// Just found this today //

top topics

<< 1   >>

join