It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Face-Off With a Deadly Predator (Not What You'd Expect)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Just came across this on YouTube, Its amazing how you can have a preconceived notion of an animal simply because it has teeth.

Amazing how this animal behaves with this diver.

[mod edit: fixed embedded video code]

[edit on 14-11-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

(edited to add: thanks 12m8jeall2c
, i accidentally put the title in, instead of the code, i think we fixed it at the exact same time (since my edit was canceled)

[edit on 11/14/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Amazing video! Thanks for sharing this. It's very unusual.Iincredible photos of this experience.

Edit to add: Mother nature will never cease to amaze me.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by lagenese]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'll bet the wet suit got plenty warm when he wet himself as the seal took his head and camera into her mouth. That is some amazing stuff. Thanks for sharing this.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Amazing. I truly feel there is a force so much more powerful than us who controls our natural world, obviously. I wouldn't be surprised if we were reincarnated as animals in the afterlife until we as humans "get it right" and start treating this natural planet and the creatures on it with respect and dignity.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Many belief systems reflect that very thinking, all around the world. So you're not alone in that.

Very good video. What an understatement... A truly remarkable and touching video. Nature at its bloodiest, yet most nurturing...

Truly a marvelous video.

[edit on 11/14/2009 by seagull]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
wow. what an amazing video. This guy is so lucky. imagine being there, experiencing something like this??!!

Fantastic.

S&F.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

Totally great stuff. Thanks for sharing!

ColoradoJens

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Mind blowing. The fact that this was a wild seal that had never seen humans before, and it responded like that.

I have been swimming with seals before quite a few times - they are very scary in the water - fast, big and huge teeth - very intimidating. However, they acted exactly like you would expect a domestic dog to act - I always think of them as dogs of the water.

The seals I swam with had quite a lot of contact with people - people would toss them fish offal and so on from the local pier - and they were also seen hanging around swimming beaches sometimes. Usually in a small group of 2 to 4 of them.

A colony lived on a small nearby island where I used to sail to and then either fish, or dive and shoot fish.

They are curious and friendly. I used to shoot fish and carry them on a hoop, never more than a couple at a time before I would return to the boat - but on number of occasion's I had seals come and want them.

I swear they knew they were my fish - they pulled on the fish - sometimes pulling them off the hoop, but not really aggressively - more like a 'I want this .. can I have it?" Truthfully - despite their non threatening approach, I was quite anxious and gave them the fish immediately. One bite could break your leg or arm - for sure, I didn't want them to confuse me with the fish.

This guy has big brass balls filming like he did.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Why didn't he eat the damn penguins?
That would have made the story even better.

new topics

top topics

join