It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public restroom signs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Why are women and men still being segregated by the two apart public restroom signs?

"Mr. Public, take down these "ladies" and "mens" restroom signs if you wish to be an equal public place for persons!"--Tormentations lol.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
You've got to be joking,right?!

Although,with the whole "trangender" thing,I think it is already going on.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

The only inequality I see are the length of lines and waiting between mens and ladies rooms.

I would prefer to stay out of any rooms with urinals if you don't mind.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
really?

I don't know what to say...

really?!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The restroom is a private place where our intimate parts are exposed. If you were in a woman heading toward a stall in a shared restroom, would you really be able to trust the scary looking man at the urinal? He already has his stuff out, and he knows you're about to get yours out.
Even without the fear of rape, there is always the problem of insecurity among men if a women walks in while they are at the urinal, and women wondering if men are peeking.
Then there is the problem of cleanliness. Womens rooms aren't exactly the cleanest, but when I cleaned bathrooms for awhile the mens room was always the nastiest. I don't know how you guys do it, but for some reason, you find ways to miss the toilet, not only for #1's but also #2.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
even though it seems to be happening anyway, I would disagree with the OP. That is one of the few things in this world(especially these crazy days) we should keep segregated.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
A lot of the small theaters and restaurants in NYC have only a single restroom. Love watching tourists stand there and try to puzzle out why there is a small sign on the door with silhouettes of both a man (figure in pants) and a woman (figure in dress/skirt).

And of course I still remember the days when some NC gas stations had six restrooms for all permutations of male and female of black, white and red hues.

Aint progress wonderful?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

This topic is great. Not sure if you meant it to be funny, but it cracked me up.
Let's see; there are quite a few places in my city that are [co-ed] some clubs and bars come to mind. It's fine. There aren't urinals, it's all stalls with doors, there's long lines, no one is alone, no one is in danger. It's loud enough to not cause [performance anxiety] ahem...

Would I use a [co-ed] restroom at, say, the random rest-stop? That would be a NO, but than I try not to use rest-stops anyway (especially alone or at night) that's just common sense.

The only inequality I can really complain about is the line... women's room always have the longest and there's rarely a line at the men's room... hence, why women hijack them, all the time!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
We've had instances to where one of the two restrooms here at work were down.

Inevitably this used to shared restrooms, no issues come up.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Ally McBeal's firm had a co-ed bathroom...didn't bug me all that much though personally I like private bathrooms period

-Kyo

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I agree with either argument!
But please take the key off that big wheel
hub at the gas station bathrooms... my nails
can't handle that sorta abuse!

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I'm all in favor of keeping the segregation of the bathroom. There are straightenings and fixings people do in the bathroom that aren't necessarily done in the stalls and I really don't want to see it.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I've had unisex bathrooms for most of my life, school, university, work, and now at my new university one of the buildings also has unisex bathrooms. I honestly can't see any problem with that...

But those aren't really public places. I'd feel kind of awkward to go to a unisex bathroom in a gas station in the middle of nowhere, for instance...

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Uni-sex bathrooms are fine long as its only a one holer. A woman should never have to go in a large bathroom with a bunch of men. I have seen a half lit woman do it at a concert once out of necessity. Too much beer I guess. It was funny she was sitting in the stall talking to every one in a slightly drunken tone making a big joke out of it. I'm sorry yall when you got to go you gotta go and a whole lotta other stuff. I cant remember everything she said. It was funny. She was pretty too.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

The only inequality I can really complain about is the line... women's room always have the longest and there's rarely a line at the men's room... hence, why women hijack them, all the time!

That's because you gals like to go in groups...then you wonder why there are so many in line!

You'll never see a guy go..."Hey Bob, I gotta go, wanna come with?"

Not to mention, you gals do WAY more than just #1 or #2 in there...it's like a hair and makeup session before cameras roll, hehe...

new topics

top topics

join