It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York trial for 9/11 suspects poses legal, political risks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

New York trial for 9/11 suspects poses legal, political risks

rawstory.com

The announcement on Friday that the trial of Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four other alleged September 11 conspirators will be held just blocks from the former site of the Twin Towers has quickly given rise to complications.

One factor is the angry reception they are bound to receive in New York. "Hang them," a construction worker near the "ground zero' site told AFP. "Put them in a bird cage and hang it in the middle of Times Square," another man suggested.

A man who works in the area agreed that "It's the way it should have been from the beginning. This is where the crime happene
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Not sure if this story has already been posted as my search button has not worked for months so please forgive me if this story has been posted .

So what are the chances that this thing goes over with out a hitch ?
I am kinda surprised that they would hold this in New York of all places ??
I will be very interested to see just what kind of reports we hear during this trial , if any ?
The report goes on to say "Officials told ProPublica that there may be winnable cases against 40 more detainees, but another 30 may never face former charges. "The government is fishing in very shallow water," one defense attorney said with reference to the remaining detainees. As a result, some detainees may eventually be released even without agreement from all intelligence agencies. "
Could you imagine after all of this that some are actually let go ? Does that imply that some are being held for no reason other then circumstantial evidence ? If that is the case and some are simply let lose then I think its a safe bet that the system would have created the next round of terrorist .

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join