It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

clamp down on christian false claims about prayer

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Well this is a well overdue clampdown on xtians lying about prayers /laying on of hands and such nonsense, it's good to see the most vulnerable being protected from the xtian delusion at last.

Let's hope steps are now taken to clamp down on all cases of unfounded claims made by religionists in order to con people into their churches ,.

The NSS (national secular society) recently complained formally to the Advertising Standards Authority and Trading Standards about a flyer being distributed across Manchester by the Body of Christ International Ministries (BCIM) claiming that they could cure cancer, arthritis and other diseases through the power of prayer at their meetings. Claiming to cure cancer is in contravention of the Cancer Act Section 4.1(a) 8. The BCIM have now agreed with the ASA and Trading Standards to withdraw the flyer and to avoid such claims on any future ones.

This was a dangerous and misleading advert, suggesting that prayer can accomplish what science cannot. Such adverts give people false hope or stop them seeking medical advice – or potentially not until it's too late. People who are seriously ill or have a chronic condition can understandably be very vulnerable so it’s important to report any such claims in any media. You can read more about the flier and the claims of the BCIM here . Link to Doctor Jesus
tessera2009.blogspot.com...

[edit on 14-11-2009 by moocowman]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

I would like to point out that if there ever is a cure for cancer, it will be illegal because of that law.

I would also like to point out that many cancer research centers, hospitals, universities, and charities ask for and take our money in order to develop this illegal cure that doesn't exist.

I would also like to point out that the secular society of idiots should probably file complaints against anyone with a business license as everything that we are sold these days are sold under many falsities and lies in advertising. Do you know anything about business? Do you know how ripped off you are everyday? How full of crap every single advertisement is? How the government allows for advertisers to lie as long as it is within certain guidelines?

And you're worried about so-called "christian" con-artists and their claims? They're just taking part in the capitalist system.

Now, if you have a problem with REAL prayer, then there is a totally different issue. First of all, Christian prayer is not the same as pagan prayer. Pagan prayer is similar to divination or asking for the above powers to change circumstances in life. This is a carnal thing that continues to happen. Christian prayer focuses on the interaction with God and the thanks for what already exists. Whether a Christian family has a member with cancer and they use prayer to thank God everyday and their member was miraculously cured and they attributed the miracle to their prayers to God is even an issue, I should also point out that God doesn't work that way. He is fair and just in His own judgments. God blesses when He feels like it and takes away when He feels like it. Christian families should be asking people to thank God REGARDLESS of whether their member was miraculously cured of cancer or not. And, in the event that a member of theirs actually is cured, they should attribute the miracle to God's blessing, which He could just as easily have taken away - NOT to their ability to pray. They are still not worshipping God properly if they are trying to convince people that their PRAYERS are what MADE God cure their family member, because that makes God out to be a favoritist, which He is not. All God's children are equal under Him. He says so himself. For all have fallen short of the glory of God. He also says himself that He gives when He pleases and takes away when He pleases.

So, if YOU want to blame the God and/or Jesus for peoples' misunderstandings and misguidance, then remember first that you were unaware of what God has said in His Word about these things and that you were misguided as to the true origin of so-called "christians" misguidances.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Why don't you feel that people are capable of deciding for themselves what they want to try or not,and let the chips fall where they may? I don't see why you think there's a need for gov't regulations on free choice. Just look around at all the secular claims offering cures and solutions,should they be clamped down on,too?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Rant, rant, rant.
Now when opposing threads are sent in to ATS, they will be classified in the Ranting section. I know, this has happened to me

So, go ahead, spew your hopeless diatribe, you will find out soon enough how wrong you are, Yet, there is still some time for you, if repent!
So Yes, even though you hate me, even though you will refuse or deny the benefit of prayer, I will plead my intersession for you, to G_D, I will say a prayer for you. in fact, it is already done. Love thy enemies

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I think the op has a very closed mind. I think the government already know about various aspects of prayer.

Answer me, why does normally a sports team play better and get better results at home, than away. If humans do not influence others by there will like in footie games or sports, why do home teams normally do better.

Goto anfield, on a european night most seasons, and listen to them play your never walk alone, and tell me that does not lift the team, lol.

All your fav sports teams, use healers and others to help with there teams, its just that you do not know it. Look at glenn hoddle, and how he was rubbished for using a healer to do injuries. Do you think massive clubs in sports would waste there money and time hiring healers, just for nothing, lol.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

So you're going to color an entire group of people, Christians, as frauds, because of the actions of a few members of a group who may, or may not be, frauds?

You insist upon scorning a group of people for their beliefs by using the example of a small minority within that group... Why do you insist upon a govt. control over a religion when you wouldn't tolerate such intrusion elsewhere.

People believe in the power of prayer. Believe that miracles do happen. Why do you have such an issue with this? I'm genuinely puzzled by your never ending attacks upon a religion that for the most part is beneficial to millions.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The op should answer how home teams in sports normally play better than away. Why is that, what is different at home than away. Its the fans, isn't it.

What do fans do, they are all there willing(praying), that there team does well.

So explain how the stat on home teams doing better than when they are away?

You cannot ever tell me thats a false stat, as its been proven so many times.

Like i said goto anfield, most european nights and listen to them play your never walk alone, and tell me that the fans willing there team on, does not make a difference.

Not one thing on earth shows you the power of belief and willing over your team, than this video, lol. I am not a liverpool supporter, but this is amazing.

just watch.

That is the best example anywhere on this planet of how the fans lift there team, and will them on.

Not one sports team on earth comes close to this, other than glasgow celtic, in scotland that sing the same song.

Tell me op, are you saying the home fans there do not help there team, everyone in this world should watch that vid,a nd see how the power of prayer works, amazing. Its very blunt, but its the only thing in sports all over this world, that shows you.

No one place in america comes close to anfield on european nights.

[edit on 11/14/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Apologies for not being able to respond, I got one hell of a migraine at the moment and simply can't think straight.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Sorry to hear about your headache!
Have you tried praying about it?!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Amazing.

And as an aside, The Pink Floyd added this to a cut on the album 'Meddle' for effect.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Lol, he wont thak you for it but who cares? Pray away!!!

Everything this guy posts is anti christian, as you can tell by his sig.. I think he is just a troll out for attention. Maybe his mommy or daddy were too busy praying to hug him when he was growing up

Alternativley, you could do what i have done and just click the ignore button..... There... Peace, drivel free ATSing

Ahhhhhhhhhhh

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Now, if you have a problem with REAL prayer, then there is a totally different issue. First of all, Christian prayer is not the same as pagan prayer

What I observe is that there is no corroborative evidence evidence of either, pagan gos appear to be as equally indolent as the jesusyawhe god

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Just look around at all the secular claims offering cures and solutions,should they be clamped down on,too?

Indeed, there are certain plants which "we cannot even mention by name or discuss" on ATS that may or may not have cured my headache.

But this is far removed from claims of invisible men in the sky curing illness .

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
New study shows calcium+vitaminD supplementation reduces cancer by 76%. You don't need Jesus you need a good diet. And what is up with this:

Body of Christ International Ministries

Body of Christ? wtf? That's some bats^%#! crazy right there...

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

The op should answer how home teams in sports normally play better than away. Why is that, what is different at home than away. Its the fans, isn't it.

Why should I answer that exactly ? perhaps you should consult you local University to see if they can ascertain what mechanism is producing the result that you allude to.

Common sense would dictate, that if you have a perceived "edge" than it would be smart to duplicate this "edge" at every opportunity, especially when there's millions to be made or lost.

No doubt, serious investigators would initially look for obvious factors and rule them out before coming to the conclusion that a supernatural force is involved.

Your analogy is no different to me believing that my lucky shirt gets me laid on a Friday night, you seem oblivious to the notion that I'm more likely to get laid if I feel positive because I have a nice shirt on instead of my usual string vest.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

So you're going to color an entire group of people, Christians, as frauds, because of the actions of a few members of a group who may, or may not be, frauds?

Are you implying that there are Christians that' don't believe that the jesusyahwhe god heals as a result of prayer ?

You insist upon scorning a group of people for their beliefs by using the example of a small minority within that group... Why

I'm not scorning anyone "for" their belief what I'm critical of is completely unfounded claims of supernatural miracle cures obtained by talking to the jesusyawhe god.

Dude I take aspirin because it works if praying to jesusyawhe was shown to be equally or more effective I would take that too.

do you insist upon a govt. control over a religion when you wouldn't tolerate such intrusion elsewhere.

It is because of this religions intrusion into my government that I am so condemning of it my previous thread (which was conveniently shut down) in relation to the matter makes it quite clear why I'm up in arms over xtianity.--

www.abovetopsecret.com...

People believe in the power of prayer. Believe that miracles do happen. Why do you have such an issue with this?

As I have said over and over (which is completely ignored) I will defend everyone's' right to believe what they wish. Belief is not evidence though is it ?

At what point does the last resort of the desperate , turn into the first choice of the gullible or the deluded ? -

An 11-year-old town of Weston girl died Sunday from a treatable form of diabetes after her parents prayed for healing rather than seek medical treatment, Everest Metro Police Chief Dan Vergin said this afternoon. Vergin said the girl’s parents, Dale and Leilani Neumann, believe she died because they apparently didn’t have enough faith.

Are you insinuating that these parents should have sought out science before Jesus ? The same science that finds no evidence of Jesus curing illness ?

I'm genuinely puzzled by your never ending attacks upon a religion that for the most part is beneficial to millions.

Only for the most part ? Which parts exactly are not beneficial ?

How exactly, is it beneficial to encourage children to suspend critical thinking in favor of accepting the beliefs of bronze age scribes ?

How is it beneficial for a child to live a life fearing that every thought or action it may have or commit, is subject of the scrutiny and wrath of an invisible man in the sky ?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

Alternativley, you could do what i have done and just click the ignore button..... There... Peace, drivel free ATSing Ahhhhhhhhhhh

Indeed, this individual makes use of a tool provided to give th individual an option.

Sadly the religious "ignore" button doesn't seem to work in the big wide world, there are those it would appear would rather us not have an ignore button.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

So Yes, even though you hate me, even though you will refuse or deny the benefit of prayer, I will plead my intersession for you, to G_D, I will say a prayer for you. in fact, it is already done.

Why waste your energy on me,I'm doing quite fine. If you really need to get to get all that healing off your chest why not pop in to your nearest pediatrics hospital and empty some beds ?

Where were you when Princess Diana was trying to help all those land mine victims ? Surely you and your G-_--_-_D could have sorted that lot out before lunch and saved a fortune on prosthetics ?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Just watch that vid, i put above for you. Wales home in rugby too is also a good example.

If you just a hard line skeptic thats your choice.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Not really! C'mon,fair is fair! If it's not okay for one,it shouldn't be fair to others! And who are all these "invisible" pharmacists,and where do their interests lie? Hint:$$$ (Same goes for unscrupulus preachers,as greed is universal.) But people deserve the right to learn from their mistakes!

Besides,even if prayer fails,it sure doesn't come with a list of potential side-effects a mile long!

If people choose to put their faith in prayer,they need to accept the fact that God's will may be other than what they had hoped! In prayer,it's always best to pray,"Not my will,Father,but yours!"

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join