It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Ways Darwin got it wrong - The Conspiracy of Evolution

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Hello again. I hope you are well.
And yes I would agree with you. But there are also those here to argue their equally predisposed and I would argue equally limited albeit contrary schemata. Seems to arise from the confusion and perhaps lumping together of evolution with abiogenesis. Which both sides have been guilty of, to varying degrees.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

I believe in both evolution and creation. I also believe ancient aliens are the only way to correlate these two polemic beliefs. Consider this, we're evolving like darwin says. Then aliens create people and leave. We continue to evolve according to darwins laws.

This explains the lack of fossil records, the almost impossible increase in cranial capacity and our ability to think about thinking which separates us from animals.

I believe both evolution and creation are correct. Anyone who believes in extra terrestrial life should consider merging these two conflicting ideas.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

Ah, cranial capacity. Of which is shrinking. I am not so sure brain size corrolates with intelligence.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Thanks for the reply!

Well they kind of are the ones that study these fields in depth....why would you assume that an pastor who just happens to be a creationist with a strong opinion against evolution knows more?

I am not assuming anything. Just sayin', in my opinion,'
like you are.
What if they are also a scientist?
Every human has an opinion.
True most people are not scientists nor would they understand science.

You called out the first poster on the first page. Chadwickus I believe also noticed this

Sorry, my bad. Only human and not perfect.
Are you his mom though? He's a big boy if he is a he!
He can post again and air his opinion if he feels the need to.

I know, you are totally entitled to your opinion, Im not trying to take that away from you. Im simply curious as to why you would assume the words of someone who is obviously biased, are fact?

I didn't. I merely posted an article as well as stated my personal beliefs.
Is that not we are supposed to do here?

Im not here to bash you, despite having different beliefs, I still respect yours....I have no problem with religion, as long as people arent going to try an convert others (most likely to be fundamentalists in that case anyway)

Thank you Oz, that means alot! And I agree.
I respect your opinion on all matters highly!
I also appologize for not friending you either. Once again, sorry.
If I may be so bold as to ask, what do you believe?
Really deep down?
Are we just mutated chimps, or is there another reason for us?

[edit on 14-11-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Are we just mutated chimps, or is there another reason for us?

What logical reason is there that it can't be both?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Thanks Watcher!
Ya, no kidding!
Once again opinions are like you know what!
Everyone has one and some are more forcefull with theirs
than others!

I may be guilty of that too.....

Not sayin' one is better....it may be a little of all of the above....

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

LOL!

Thanks for the laugh!

I sure dig you guys!

Thanks for the replies everyone!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

We all do when passionate about something it is how we work after all. But I was hoping that you would notice, which you did, that the two ideas need not be at odds. Damn I am sounding like a know-it-all-today, sorry.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
10 ways Darwin got it wrong.
#1 The warm pond theory

The scientific evidence indicates that life did not and could not somehow arise spontaneously from some warm little pond, as Darwin thought. What we find from the evidence around us and from the fossil record is that, as the law of biogenesis states, life can only arise from life.

#2 The supposed simplicity of the cell.

......So it turns out that cells are far more complex and sophisticated than Darwin could have conceived of. How did mere chance produce this, when even human planning and engineering cannot? In fact, no laboratory has come close to replicating even a single human hair!

You should have stop right here, yeah right here.
What's your problem ?
I'm sick of people stating about scientific fact and being as smart as a 12 years old kid.

STOP comparing what is not comparable

I read the same bs about geology every two weeks, here, on ATS and you know what ? this is why ATS is so discredited....this is why conspiracy forums and site are so discredited.

Drawin's THEORY is from 1838, what can you expect from a time when DNA was not even discovered (first proof of phosphate rich substance in nucleus is from 1869... the first "image" ? 1953!).

Also, it's seems like a certain number of person posting here need to study a little more about the scientific method, Darwin stated a THEORY !

C'est tellement absurde, j'ai même plus envi de me fatiguer à écrire en Anglais pour expliquer ce qu'est une théorie, qu'est ce que la méthode scientifique, et comment Darwin à pu arriver à ces idée à partir d'Observations! Les plus malins et les plus éduqués d'entre vous pourront lire cette phrase ou dieu merci seront assez intelligent pour chercher à la traduire, et merci d'être là.

The problem is, some people here always want to defy what scientists have done over the last centuries, if you want so badly to prove that someone made a mistake and that a discovery is wrong, start studying and go to PhD, have your lab and do some serious researches...unless that, stop searching and pasting crap from the internet.

I bet it is true that wisdom cames not equally, sad enough I bet that everyone who is able to post on ATS is at least capable of going to a library or a bookstore...seems like the internet is better than a book.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Of course.
Are you posting yours and do you have links to prove it?

And how do you feel about it anyway?

Of course I'm predisposed, he saved my life, remember?
Or did you not read my posts before you assumed things about me?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

Thanks for your post and opinion.
I hope I can rate high enough for you to bother to
use capitalization!

You are correct, but none more so than this line:

humans ARE apes.

Boy, you can say that again!

Life sucks and then you die!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Ya, true.
What if huh?
What if God needed a template for us, so to speak?

Stars!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

We all do when passionate about something it is how we work after all. But I was hoping that you would notice, which you did, that the two ideas need not be at odds. Damn I am sounding like a know-it-all-today, sorry.

Thank you very much for noticing what I noticed!

Not at all!
You don't sound any worse of a know it all than the rest of us!

We are just all kicking the can a little further down the road here...
Star!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Solenki

Wow, I am so sorry someone pooped on your dinner!
Feel free to post whatever 'bs' you care to also.
Or feel free to even create a thread about it.
It is a free internet. At least it sorta is!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Thanks for posting yours!
Even if it may be anothers opinion that it was bs.
Star for your time.
And for the science and french lessons!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Well, all your original points were already debunked here in the thread or on www.talkorigins.org... . I know you say its just your opinion, but science is not a democracy, facts are important, not opinions. And they support evolution.

Even church says its true and I see no reason why god couldnt create life by evolution, so why are religious folks always so biased against it?
The only reason I can see is that you want to interpret the bible literally, which is just absurd in the light of modern science.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Or "God's" way of "creating" was evolution in such a way one would not be able to tell if it was happening at random or was being "guided" so to speak.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Why must creationists constantly use religious websites to prove that Darwins theory of evolution is incorrect? Pastors, priests etc are not scientitsts.....they dont know squat....

And OP, how hypocritical are you calling out loner007 when your mind is already made up too......I mean, you probably wouldnt understand the science behind biology, nor would you listen to anyone that was trying to educate you on how the theory of evolution actually works.

There are many scientists who believe in creationism. There are many ancient texts that were not included in the bible that have some very interesting things in them . I imagine however , you are the type that would not even consider researching any of them. Here is a link for you just in case you would:

www.thelostbooks.com...

Here is a partial list of scientists who believe in creationism:

www.christiananswers.net...

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Um, yes it is. What do you imagine "peer review" entails? So called "experts" or perhaps if you look at it from a certain point of view "leaders" review the information and decide it's validity. Of course it's a tad more complex than that but that is it in a nut shell.

Unless you view it as some sort of absolute authoritarian regime that hands down absolute judgements of "fact" and just somehow magically even it makes it's self be true.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Well, all your original points were already debunked here in the thread or on www.talkorigins.org... . I know you say its just your opinion, but science is not a democracy, facts are important, not opinions. And they support evolution.

Thanks for your opinion and post!

Even church says its true and I see no reason why god couldnt create life by evolution, so why are religious folks always so biased against it?

I have no idea, other than maybe its just easier.
I see that in the mormon community here.
Its just easier to go with the flow downstream sometimes...

The only reason I can see is that you want to interpret the bible literally, which is just absurd in the light of modern science.

True, it may be inspired by God for all we know.
But man is not perfect.
Nor are his writing and interpretation skills.....
Star!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Evolution is real. We have evolved as well many other species. Even the planet is in a process of evolution.

I don't get why so many religious fanatics dismiss the idea either. Isn't it possible it was "God's" plan to have evolution?

Oh well.

If anything, there's enough evidence to dismiss the beliefs and fairy tales of Christianity
but we won't get into that.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join