It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Ways Darwin got it wrong - The Conspiracy of Evolution

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123

Originally posted by masonicon

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Really I don't believe in creationism and evolution both beliefs seemed wrong

Intelligent design should never be Confused with Creationism

They're the same thing. But just for the heck of it... how are they different? They both say a creator of some sort made everything as is.

Actually, I fall into the Intelligent Design crowd as I don't believe in Creationism, and I believe Evolution has too many holes in it.

Intelligent Design does depend on a "creator" but not in the form of a God or some All-Powerful-Being. It allows us to believe that SOMEONE (ie alien) created us through scientific processes then allowed us to evolve beyond that. It takes into account both arguments of Creationism and Evolution and forms a totally new hypothesis that does not depend on the others at all - and without believing in some all-powerful God.

To be totally honest I'm a fence-sitter for Intelligent Design but to me it makes the most logical sense when taking EVERYTHING into account - biology, history etc etc.

[edit on 15/11/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
lol pseudoscience, this is why i never come on ATS anymore..

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

They're the same thing. But just for the heck of it... how are they different? They both say a creator of some sort made everything as is.

Yeah similarities for some reason mean exactly the same to atheist's and I would guess that is why they see some cartilage shaped like a hand or foot and think its a vestigial foot of some kind or hey we know we came from apes because their dumber than us and evolution says we get more complex, in the meantime science says that just ain't so. We look like apes they say. And I say SO. Years ago I used to say, we look like lemurs too but that don't mean we are related to them. Now we are according to evolutionist and the proof?

Well, because they say so.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Kerry_Knight]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kerry_Knight

Yeah similarities for some reason mean exactly the same to atheist's and I would guess that is why they see some cartilage shaped like a hand or foot and think its a vestigial foot of some kind or hey we know we came from apes because their dumber than us and evolution says we get more complex, in the meantime science says that just ain't so. We look like apes they say. And I say SO. Years ago I used to say, we look like lemurs too but that don't mean we are related to them. Now we are according to evolutionist and the proof?

This post is full of absurdities. We didn't come from apes, we share a common ancestor. Evolution does not say we get more complex. Perhaps you should refine your knowledge as to what evolutionary theory is..

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by donhuangenaro
you know, what is most amusing to me is how evolutionists react just like religious fanatics when someone questions their belief in the THEORY of evolution (same with the big bang THEORY, etc)

[edit on 15-11-2009 by donhuangenaro]

The big bang is not a theory, it is a hypothesis. Since we cannot test this hypothesis yet, it will remain a hypothesis until we can test it. When we are able to test it REPEATEDLY and hold up to scrutiny, then it will become a theory. There have been breakthroughs with particle accelerators, but there are still heavy limitations.

Seriously, isn't the scientific method taught at the elementary level anymore?

[edit on 15-11-2009 by DisappearCompletely]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisappearCompletely

Originally posted by HumbleStudent111
Why dont scientist try to use their great intiligence to save the world instead of creating things that can be used to destroy it? The world is getting worse and worse a nuclear war could break out at anytime and would destroy nearly everyone a weapon created by scientist why would you put your faith in them?

It was politicians that sanctioned and used nuclear weapons, not scientists. Yeah, a handful of scientists that created a terrible weapon means that every scientist is evil, nevermind all the medical breakthroughs and technology that make your life better.

And countless atrocities have been committed in the name of religion, so what exactly is your point? Maybe you should get over yourself and realise that it's human nature that causes the wrongs in the world, and not one ideology.

It was politicians that sanctioned and used religion to commit those atrocities, does that mean that every Christian is evil!

Nevermind all the homeless and hungry that religious orgs feed house and cloth that make their life better.

By the way, Godless nations have killed more people than all the religious wars combined friend.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Why dont scientist try to use their great intiligence to save the world instead of creating things that can be used to destroy it? The world is getting worse and worse a nuclear war could break out at anytime and would destroy nearly everyone a weapon created by scientist why would you put your faith in them?

It was politicians that sanctioned and used nuclear weapons, not scientists. Yeah, a handful of scientists that created a terrible weapon means that every scientist is evil, nevermind all the medical breakthroughs and technology that make your life better.

And countless atrocities have been committed in the name of religion, so what exactly is your point? Maybe you should get over yourself and realise that it's human nature that causes the wrongs in the world, and not one ideology.

It was politicians that sanctioned and used religion to commit those atrocities, does that mean that every Christian is evil!

Nevermind all the homeless and hungry that religious orgs feed house and cloth that make their life better.

By the way, Godless nations have killed more people than all the religious wars combined friend.

Please explain to me where I said every christian was evil? So called "godless nations" didn't base their violence from their lack of belief in god. There was no "oh, just because i don't believe in god, i'm going to slaughter a bunch of people." But, what was the motivating factor behind the atrocities done in the name of religion? That's right, religion.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

This post is full of absurdities. We didn't come from apes, we share a common ancestor. Evolution does not say we get more complex. Perhaps you should refine your knowledge as to what evolutionary theory is..

Apes are another word for primates and WE are allegedly primates. If evolution doesn't go from the single celled micro biotic soup or something likek that, then how do you explain that?

Finally, if you read who I was mimicking in my reponse to the poster I was talking to, you might have caught my sarcasm.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kerry_Knight

religious wars, tribal wars, nationalistic wars.. its all the same, get the stupid masses to kill each other for the gain of the HUMAN rulers.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Please explain to me where I said every christian was evil? So called "godless nations" didn't base their violence from their lack of belief in god. There was no "oh, just because i don't believe in god, i'm going to slaughter a bunch of people." But, what was the motivating factor behind the atrocities done in the name of religion? That's right, religion.

How do you know not having a religious culture didn't influence the genocides back then. Most were inspired by social darwinsim and eugenics. The only reason you can say they weren't done in atheism's name is because in a Godless society where religion is outlawed, YOU don't HAVE any atheist's do you. The facts of history prove religious societies have far out lasted non religious ones

Please explain to me where I said every christian was evil?

Ill explain that if you explain where the poster you responded to, said all scientists are evil, ok? Get the point?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Apes are another word for primates and WE are allegedly primates. If evolution doesn't go from the single celled micro biotic soup or something likek that, then how do you explain that?

Finally, if you read who I was mimicking in my reponse to the poster I was talking to, you might have caught my sarcasm.

Apes are a sub species of primates, actually. And evolution has no grand scheme for species to become more complex. There is no intelligence driving evolution, otherwise it would be a god in itself, wouldn't it?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
i think he means that natural selection doesn't always select for higher complexity if there is no selective pressure for it. One example of this is the reduction of a working eye in fish that migrated into caves. This is just one example that you could hopefully get your head around. Cells, entire organisms, biochemistry don't have to advance to be increasingly successful, the more you pack into a system the more can go wrong, increasing maintenance costs etc..

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

How do you know not having a religious culture didn't influence the genocides back then. Most were inspired by social darwinsim and eugenics. The only reason you can say they weren't done in atheism's name is because in a Godless society where religion is outlawed, YOU don't HAVE any atheist's do you. The facts of history prove religious societies have far out lasted non religious ones

Atheism isn't a belief, but rather a lack of belief, so I'm not entirely sure how you can create a society around a lack of belief. Perhaps you would be so kind as to enlighten me on this.

And if you're really going to tell me that the crusades, the inquisition, the genocide in Sudan, the witch trials, the roman persecution of christians, etc etc etc... weren't based off of religion?

Besides, as I pointed out a couple pages back, religion, political ideologies, currency, resources, etc. are all tools used by humans to commit atrocities. It is humans that use these beliefs as tools to acquire gain in one perverted fashion or another.

Anyways, this isn't the point of this thread, and I could really care less about getting into a circular debate with someone who doesn't even understand the basic foundations of science.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Actually, I fall into the Intelligent Design crowd as I don't believe in Creationism, and I believe Evolution has too many holes in it.

Intelligent Design does depend on a "creator" but not in the form of a God or some All-Powerful-Being. It allows us to believe that SOMEONE (ie alien) created us through scientific processes then allowed us to evolve beyond that. It takes into account both arguments of Creationism and Evolution and forms a totally new hypothesis that does not depend on the others at all - and without believing in some all-powerful God.

To be totally honest I'm a fence-sitter for Intelligent Design but to me it makes the most logical sense when taking EVERYTHING into account - biology, history etc etc.

[edit on 15/11/2009 by Kryties]

I actually think your idea makes more sense than most others that espouse ID. For the majority it's just new wrapping on an old box of myths... trying to dress their god up in a lab coat and call him science, lol.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Apes are a sub species of primates, actually. And evolution has no grand scheme for species to become more complex. There is no intelligence driving evolution, otherwise it would be a god in itself, wouldn't it?

yes I know, but splitting hairs on the issue is silly if you didn't assume you know more than I do about the subject of evolution. I doubt you'd have corrected Dawkins when he gives the same informal definition

a. Any of various large, tailless Old World primates of the family Pongidae, including the chimpanzee, gorilla, gibbon, and orangutan.
b. A monkey.

Sub species or not, they are all PRIMATES

There is no intelligence driving evolution, otherwise it would be a god in itself, wouldn't it?

I wouldn't know, you see, I can't reconcile aspects of the digital code in DNA to say unequivocally whether it is guided or not but all the evidence is looking more favorable for ID than evolution and is why the top 16 evolutionary scietists have been working frantically to creat a major overhaul reconstructing the entire theory from scratch as the latest data regarding DNA proves mutation fails as a mechanism.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Humans and chimps are so similar they share all but one chromosome and can donate blood back and forth. The bones in a whales fins are identical to the bones in the human hand. I could go on and on.

But you would only say "so" and I would only get a headache. You need your religio-crutch, and I'm content to let you hobble around with it.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

I find that your theory just completely avoids the actual issue. If you believe aliens created us, then who created the aliens, and so forth.

Now, you may say - well who created god. And I can see how it can appear as a valid point. You'd really have to understand what god is, rather than seeing god as a "sky fairy" or something which is physical(and most people think of spiritual as just another form of the physical, but it's not). A bigger topic in itself, so I'll avoid getting into it here.

It could very well be true that we were genetically engineered by aliens and so forth, I do not know. But it really just passes the buck.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I wouldn't know, you see, I can't reconcile aspects of the digital code in DNA to say unequivocally whether it is guided or not but all the evidence is looking more favorable for ID than evolution and is why the top 16 evolutionary scietists have been working frantically to creat a major overhaul reconstructing the entire theory from scratch as the latest data regarding DNA proves mutation fails as a mechanism.

Evidence for ID? Please feel free to post some, and not assumptions based from complexity.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Humans and chimps are so similar they share all but one chromosome and can donate blood back and forth. The bones in a whales fins are identical to the bones in the human hand. I could go on and on.

But you would only say "so" and I would only get a headache. You need your religio-crutch, and I'm content to let you hobble around with it.

I'm a programmer. The programs I create today contain alot of code from programs I created last month and last year etc. As I develop code, I create libraries. These are libraries of commonly used functions. For example, if I want to take a number than is in raw form of say 1000000, then I just send that number to a function and that function returns 1,000,000.

If you have a windows OS, these libraries are .dll files. .dll stands for dynamic link libraries. There is some code that is so common among programs that everyone uses the same ones. So, rather than copying those same libraries over and over for every program, we just use that same library. A bonus to this is that we can also upgrade mulitple programs by updating just that one .dll file. In video cards for example that would be a driver update.

What this means is that programs all share the same code. As such, they all have things which are similiar in them. 1 program can be not at all like the other one. Likewise, with the use of configuration files, 1 program can function in many different ways and features. Take a popular forum program, same code across multiple forums on the internet, only the config file changes.

Now, if I created a program yesterday called "monkey", and tommorow I create a program called "human". You can probably bet your rear that the code will be pretty similiar. I have no reason to keep writing and redoing the same things over and over. If something works well, then it works well for a reason.

Still, it's all ignoring the fact that the results of the DNA configuration are pre-determined and the end result was always going to be that. The DNA configuration for humans existed before humans existed on the earth.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

atheism isnt a belief, but rather a lack of belief, so I'm not entirely sure how you can create a society around a lack of belief. Perhaps you would be so kind as to enlighten me on this.

Atheism can only exist where religious belief does, hence the name "a-theist. It is anti religion or haven't you been around here long enough to see the evidence of that. They are more pre-occupied with religion than most fundies are for petes sake. Lack of belief Pfft

And if you're really going to tell me that the crusades, the inquisition, the genocide in Sudan, the witch trials, the roman persecution of christians, etc etc etc... weren't based off of religion?

Based off religion? I'm sorry, where do you get that idea? You don't think territory and politics used the God and Country theme so often used to manipulate the Christians into supporting wars like that same as Bush did?

Besides, as I pointed out a couple pages back, religion, political ideologies, currency, resources, etc. are all tools used by humans to commit atrocities. It is humans that use these beliefs as tools to acquire gain in one perverted fashion or another.

I agree

Anyways, this isn't the point of this thread, and I could really care less about getting into a circular debate with someone who doesn't even understand the basic foundations of science.

Ohh ouch! ha ha ha *sigh* my understanding of science would knock your socks off but I understand the need to belittle me before you hide tail and run

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join