It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Obama Urges Congress To Put Off Fort Hood Probe

page: 7
27
<< 4  5  6   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I think the last thing the Congress and the American people need is another distraction from issues like astronomical level of unemployment and general grim prospects for the country.

People, let's face it, 9/11 wasn't even the first act of terror on US soil, and the shootings won't be the last. It's extremely tragic and Law Enforcement should do their best to gather intelligence and fight it, but if you think that this threat will be just eliminated because the Congress holds a hearing, I would like to know what you are smoking.

There are many leads, I'm sure, pursues by FBI, CIA etc and such was the case 6 or 12 months ago and will be in 2 years from now. To task the Congress with investigations in a clear sign of weakness (although I start thinking that it is indeed a true sign).




posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justaposter

Hey hey hey! No need to drag Waco into this!
We didn't do anything!

Okay seriously, if we want to play connect the dots on this, the kid who was arrested for wanting to blow up a building in Dallas lived in a little town north of Hilsboro TX. Italy I think. That is about 60+ miles from Ft Hood, 35+ from Waco. I call him a kid because he is only 19, and from most accounts lived like a 'normal young adult' doing "normal things" kids do. IMO he looked way too calm while being detained. Most people would have been freaking out if they were arrested for a terrorist plot.

Now back on topic, I have to agree with Sliadon on this. Sadly sometimes a lone crazy person can create so much damage.

That being said, there were so many red flags flying around this guy, so many "eyes" watching him. Someone dropped the ball big time.

Maybe this is why Obama wants to put a halt on the Congressional investigation, so they can collect data of what really happened before Congress could start the CYA investigation and cover up the real reason why the FBI and the Military let this guy slip right on through.

IMO that is where the real mystery is.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by Justaposter]


Well, yes, there is a precedent set with Waco, with the debacle of how David Koresh was handled, the slaughter of so many innocent people, and the reasons they went after him to begin with, so I see it as a place in being so close to Killeen, Texas as being very much a part of this whole scenario.

If you do not understand why, I have to ask why on Earth not?

The relative closeness of Waco to Killeen shows the adverse affects of the populace in that limited amount of space within that sphere of Texas, the gun-rights advocacy, the right to bear arms, the Texas xenophobia, and as well the hostility that Texan's hold to outsiders because of the xenophobia.

I am not stating anything other than the obvious here either.

Everyone knows the old famous saying, and I am quoting it here, not stating it.


"The Only Thing That Comes Out of Texas, Is Steers and Queers."


Now, before I post further, I again, I am quoting that, not stating it.

I would not want someone to see that and mistake that I am in any way supporting that way of thinking, because I am not.

Texan's are known to be strongly xenophobic, strongly disagreeing with anyone and everyone saying anything negative about America, at all, and strongly in defiance of anyone saying anything negative about Texas.

Again, I am not stating anything negative, nor derogatory about Texas, those are all well known qualities of Texans.

Whether you agree with me or not about the above, the fact that the F.B.I. is investigating the shooting of the alleged gunman, Nidal Malik Hasan, will be inherently screwed up if Congress steps in, but as well just him being Muslim has already convicted him, in the media, whether he is guilty, or whether he was related to Lee Harvey Oswald, the alleged man who shot J.F.K., yet another outsider who was convicted via the media, without ever having been proven to have taken the fatal shot.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]



posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Boy does this story sound familar....just like after 9/11 the president wanted to stop or slow down any investigation...man something is starting to smell bad. Makes you think that there is much more when the white house gets involved.

I am really beginning to think this was let to happen. Too many red flags to go unnoticed.



posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

Originally posted by Justaposter

Hey hey hey! No need to drag Waco into this!
We didn't do anything!

Okay seriously, if we want to play connect the dots on this, the kid who was arrested for wanting to blow up a building in Dallas lived in a little town north of Hilsboro TX. Italy I think. That is about 60+ miles from Ft Hood, 35+ from Waco. I call him a kid because he is only 19, and from most accounts lived like a 'normal young adult' doing "normal things" kids do. IMO he looked way too calm while being detained. Most people would have been freaking out if they were arrested for a terrorist plot.

Now back on topic, I have to agree with Sliadon on this. Sadly sometimes a lone crazy person can create so much damage.

That being said, there were so many red flags flying around this guy, so many "eyes" watching him. Someone dropped the ball big time.

Maybe this is why Obama wants to put a halt on the Congressional investigation, so they can collect data of what really happened before Congress could start the CYA investigation and cover up the real reason why the FBI and the Military let this guy slip right on through.

IMO that is where the real mystery is.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by Justaposter]


Well, yes, there is a precedent set with Waco, with the debacle of how David Koresh was handled, the slaughter of so many innocent people, and the reasons they went after him to begin with, so I see it as a place in being so close to Killeen, Texas as being very much a part of this whole scenario.

If you do not understand why, I have to ask why on Earth not?

The relative closeness of Waco to Killeen shows the adverse affects of the populace in that limited amount of space within that sphere of Texas, the gun-rights advocacy, the right to bear arms, the Texas xenophobia, and as well the hostility that Texan's hold to outsiders because of the xenophobia.

I am not stating anything other than the obvious here either.

Everyone knows the old famous saying, and I am quoting it here, not stating it.


"The Only Thing That Comes Out of Texas, Is Steers and Queers."


Now, before I post further, I again, I am quoting that, not stating it.

I would not want someone to see that and mistake that I am in any way supporting that way of thinking, because I am not.

Texan's are known to be strongly xenophobic, strongly disagreeing with anyone and everyone saying anything negative about America, at all, and strongly in defiance of anyone saying anything negative about Texas.

Again, I am not stating anything negative, nor derogatory about Texas, those are all well known qualities of Texans.

Whether you agree with me or not about the above, the fact that the F.B.I. is investigating the shooting of the alleged gunman, Nidal Malik Hasan, will be inherently screwed up if Congress steps in, but as well just him being Muslim has already convicted him, in the media, whether he is guilty, or whether he was related to Lee Harvey Oswald, the alleged man who shot J.F.K., yet another outsider who was convicted via the media, without ever having been proven to have taken the fatal shot.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]


I just love it someone throws out a blanket statment about Texans.
Do you even know one? Seen one? Spoken to one? I doubt it.

The Branch Davidian situation has nothing to do with this. And for the record, that didn't happen in Waco, it happened at Mt Carmel. So before you get all uppity with me, you might want to try googling. The only reason why they ever mentioned Waco, was because nobody ever heard of that little town.

You can "see" all you want, but that doesn't make it true.



posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Justaposter
 


Okay I was wondering what in the heck you were jabbering about.

Seriously though, you are quite hellbent on connecting the dots, that is why I provided the info you quoted from my post. I think that might actually have way more connection, then Waco/Davidians ever would.

I have lived in Texas for over 20 years and NEVER run across anyone you have discribed. Ever. Actually mosts people who live in Waco have NO IDEA where the Branch Dividans actually were. I knew it was somewhere near me.. and found out after watching a British Documentary on it. I pass by the exit that will get you near the direction whenever traveling to the Metroplex.

So once again calm down already, my stating Waco had nothing to with it, stems from a long line of Waco being blamed for everything



posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
I think the last thing the Congress and the American people need is another distraction from issues like astronomical level of unemployment and general grim prospects for the country.

People, let's face it, 9/11 wasn't even the first act of terror on US soil, and the shootings won't be the last. It's extremely tragic and Law Enforcement should do their best to gather intelligence and fight it, but if you think that this threat will be just eliminated because the Congress holds a hearing, I would like to know what you are smoking.

There are many leads, I'm sure, pursues by FBI, CIA etc and such was the case 6 or 12 months ago and will be in 2 years from now. To task the Congress with investigations in a clear sign of weakness (although I start thinking that it is indeed a true sign).


Yes, I agree, no more red tape.

All of these incidents should be investigated by a neutral organization.

Unfortunately, there is no such organization, they all get power, and glorify in power.

Pure idiocy, power means nothing, if you strive for it.



posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009
Boy does this story sound familar....just like after 9/11 the president wanted to stop or slow down any investigation...man something is starting to smell bad. Makes you think that there is much more when the white house gets involved.

I am really beginning to think this was let to happen. Too many red flags to go unnoticed.


Okay, Grayelf2009, I'm not sure whether you're following this all or not.

The F.B.I. is investigating the shooting, Obama is asking Congress to let the F.B.I. do their job, and while I see your point, that the Administration can be seen as obfuscating it, Congress will only add more momentum to the chaos.

Too many chiefs, and not enough Indians, catch my drift?



posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justaposter

I just love it someone throws out a blanket statment about Texans.
Do you even know one? Seen one? Spoken to one? I doubt it.

The Branch Davidian situation has nothing to do with this. And for the record, that didn't happen in Waco, it happened at Mt Carmel. So before you get all uppity with me, you might want to try googling. The only reason why they ever mentioned Waco, was because nobody ever heard of that little town.

You can "see" all you want, but that doesn't make it true.




Yes, I have met many Texan's, they actually are polite.

As to Mt Carmel, most people know it as Waco, which is why I referred to it as such.

I was not and still I am not getting uppity.

I brought up the Waco Siege (I can't help if people don't know Mt Carmel) because of the proximity of Killeen, Texas to the shooting at Fort Hood, people remember those types of events.

And as far as a blanket statement goes for Texan's, that is a widely known saying, I did not make it up, and I quoted it, stating that I did not believe it.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]



posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
From an investigative point, all those who do not have the authority to arrest, search or seize should stay away from this case.



posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE
From an investigative point, all those who do not have the authority to arrest, search or seize should stay away from this case.



Amen.

Congress holds no power to arrest, search, nor seize anything.

Nor should they hold any of those powers.



posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I would think they would investigate while the information is fresh.


Exactly. Especially leads like someone else posted in a related thread that said the Ft. Hood shooter was on obama's presidential transition team. If true, what was that - a patronage job for a fellow muslim?

And if this guy gets convicted and sentenced to death, obama as commander-in-chief has the final say on all military executions while he's in office. Does he pardon or commute the sentence of the shooter?

[edit on 11/16/2009 by centurion1211]



posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211
 


You are quite correct, centurion1211.

I do not know if Nidal Malik Hasan was connected to the White House.

If he was then there's even more reason and pressure for people in the Pentagon to hate the man, which leads to other issues behind the scenes.



posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
There was another shooting just recently in Orlando. A lone gunman going on a rampage. Before these, Virginia Tech. Why so many? Test runs for larger event?



posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

There was another shooting just recently in Orlando. A lone gunman going on a rampage. Before these, Virginia Tech. Why so many? Test runs for larger event?


I know of the Orlando incident, jackflap, and curiously, according to Nidal Malik Hasan's Wikipedia page, he attended Virginia Tech as well back in 1997.

Wikipedia : Nidal Malik Hasan


Quote from : Wikipedia : Nidal Malik Hasan : Higher Education, Military Service, and Medical Career

Hasan joined the Army immediately after high school, and served eight years as an enlisted soldier while attending college.

He graduated from Virginia Tech in 1997 with a bachelor's degree in biochemistry, and went on to medical school at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences ("USUHS").

After earning his medical degree (M.D.) in 2001, Hasan completed his residency in psychiatry at Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

While an intern at Walter Reed, he received counseling and extra supervision.


Notice also, he received counseling and extra supervision, meaning something was up, but it was kept in-house.



posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas
 


The pieces that can be put together here are mind boggling. I'm almost afraid to delve into the questions that come to mind. This could very well be a way to keep people feeling unstable. Who knows who could go postal next? Another fine saying...Going postal. What was it that inspired that saying?



posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas
 


The pieces that can be put together here are mind boggling. I'm almost afraid to delve into the questions that come to mind. This could very well be a way to keep people feeling unstable. Who knows who could go postal next? Another fine saying...Going postal. What was it that inspired that saying?


Yes, the pieces are mind boggling, they are supposed to be.

In a conspiracy of any kind, the pieces must be thrown to the ends of the world.

Sort of like looking at a sandy beach, there are far too many grains to see up close and personal, and it is the hopes of the conspirators, and co-conspirators, being whoever they are, that you will give up looking, after perusing so many grains that your eyes go blind.

This is how the Government pulls off it's scams, con's, and conspiracies.

Going Postal I would think would allude to an ex-military Veteran working for a system where it is a grinding machine, never changing, always having pressure, and a constant reminder of being just a numbered cog within the machine.

And then, WHAM one day, one of those Veteran's snapped because of the P.T.S.D. some counselor, commanding officer, or fellow postal worker missed...

...and we having a shooting spree...

[edit on 17-11-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]



new topics

top topics



 
27
<< 4  5  6   >>

log in

join