It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Urges Congress To Put Off Fort Hood Probe

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish

Originally posted by bigyin
Fascinating thread. Many thanks to previous posters for bringing to my attention the various anomalies in this story.The mind boggles at the possiblities leading up to this event.

There are many, of which only one is true, there are only bits of that truth out there for now, just enough to make them do incredibly stupid things.

Keep pushing their buttons on this, perhaps someone will hit the right one.

Can't have congress snooping around in the FBI's business can we?

When Congress steps in, evidence is lost, the three-ring circus shows up, and witnesses mysteriously are unwilling to speak, or show up at all.

Or, they are listened to and not noted as having anything worthy to note like in the 9/11 Commission, it is a way to shuffle paperwork and hide evidence, period.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab
I think this is just the beginning of larger terrorist attacks carried out by the CIA. Its no secret they're responsible for the escalating terrorist attacks that led up to 9-11. Former CIA agents actually admit to this.

Everyone knows how that Agency operates.

I really have zero to say about the Criminals In Action.

Thanks for posting that though.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
My input:

No one will remember Fort Hood by the end of December and not many will care by that point. There will be many distractions by the media.

It was just another sad event in American history.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

GorehoundLarry, unfortunately, to a large degree I agree with you.

It is sad that events like this are only remembered because the Government dredges them up as reminder of propaganda based indoctrination, and budget requests, instead of only honoring those who served and died without the heart strings being plucked by the salaciously vile bastard politicians who would corrupt the process.

I remember each incident, the victims, and the lies that are sold to us.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
I am not a fan of Obama, but I was neither a fan of Bush, and we never heard Bush telling Congress to keep their noses out of September 11th until the investigation was over

Actually the White House did stall 9/11 investigations and was not cooperative with them initially. There was a lot of documentation of this, from cabinet members and other officials refusing to turn over certain information, to having trouble finding the appropriate team to "investigate" the events. Thomas Kean was eventually appointed after others backed away from the offer and the "9/11 Commission" was created on November 27, over 2 months after 9/11 had already happened.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pinkarella
It seems to me like people did not report him because it wouldn't be "PC" and feared being punished as racist. This is ridiculous that we have come to this. Being afraid to speak up without being labeled as racist. Sad

Unfortunately, this is what you get in the politically correct world, politically ignorant.

The political ignorance is something that spreads like a virus.

Viruses are unstoppable if they are not treated before hand.

They spread into a contagion, and they because full force infestations, and this is how a pandemic becomes a mountain when it could have been stopped as a cold, in the form of a molehill.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gtown
Odd?

breathless... all I can say

Yes, it leaves one breathless.

Love the quote in your signature, it holds much meaning.

It speaks of sheeple who would not see and hear.

The very causation of what led up to the events of November 5th.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
wow reading that made me think about how bush delayed the 9/11 investigation for almost 2 years.
i smell cover-up here BIG TIME!

Yes, stalling, misdirection, and cover-ups, the Bush/Cheney Administration's specialty.

The investigation for 9/11 should have started as they were clearing the debris.

Each piece of the Twin Towers should have been logged as evidence.

Notice how the black boxes were snatched?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by opheius
this is a reply to the whole blog... I don't have time reading the full length. However, I want to say that Obama (not President) is a muslim and once this guy is found guilty. Obama as "ating" president will have to sign the death sentance, under military code. he is a muslim, putting to death another muslim......do some research... i'm busy!

Ophiuchus

I would have to see evidence that he is Muslim before I would bother commenting further.

And he's not likely to admit something like that.

If he was and it was a death sentence for Nidal Malik Hasan, he has deniability in that he would try stalling the sentence being carried out, if he is in fact a Muslim.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlternateEnding

I mean, after the first or third death or wounding, this guy would have been shot to death long before, and Obama realizes this and realizes that his plans for gun control seems a bit... ridiculous, so he wants this matter to die and for the sheeple to go back to sleep.

Go Star!

All that would have been needed is a couple of folks
with concealed carry license and it would have been
all over!

Not likely to to happen on a base where everyone is
trained in handling weapons yet not allowed to be
armed. WTF!

Seeing as how these soldiers were ones coming back and being deployed, it is odd.

You would think there would be plenty of Military Police in this area considering this is one of the largest bases the United States has in the continental U.S.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by allclear

Yes, as previously stated, everything is a distraction, whether on purpose, or as a side effect.

The Roman's tried to always keep the Flavian Amphitheatre full to capacity.

It was one of their only means of distracting the populace.

Now, we have the Super Bowl, World Series, and the dumbing down of society.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but all of you who think this is the beginnings of a cover up are clutching at straws. The reason he called for a halt to the congressional probe is because it would cause investigative conflicts and with more people with hands in this the more of a chance there is of evidence going missing or being tampered with. I see mention of this being used as a reason for war in Iran. Don't you think we have enough of a reason in the nuclear issue with out stretching this mans connections to some crazy cleric to be some sort of Revolutionary Guard agent in disguise? No I think that you all should take a step back and look at the situation for what it really is, after all, some times senseless killing is just that, senseless.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
There is more than one way to skin a cat. I truly feel Obama and Company are simply using reverse psychology in asking people not to rush to conclusions, politicize the tragedy at Fort Hood and or make political theatre out of it.

In my humble opinion Congress can no more be trusted to run a credible investigation than the FBI and the Military can.

The vague and conflicting statements and lack of Officials speaking on the record in an Official capacity in this case basically seems indicative of wanting people to draw their own conclusions based on the already well indoctrinated belief that any Muslim accused of committing a crime is doing so for terroristic reasons related to Islam.

Bush and Company would tell us who we should be angry at and want to seek revenge against and what despicable things caused this to happen.

Obama and Company simply trust in the fact that Bush and Company did a good enough job at instilling anti-Muslim feelings and fear that the majority of the country will arrive at that conclusion all by themselves if left alone and given enough vague clues to lead them to that conclusion.

Mean while they turn up the heat on Iran, talk in earnest about trying the accused 9-11 masterminds in Federal Court and make sure every possible news article that vilifies Islam in any way shape or form that it can be construed to gets front page media play.

This is all political theatre even the call for there to be no political theatre, this is all about leading people to make judgment in absence of any of the real facts by withholding all the real facts and cautioning people not to make judgment.

This is a conspiracy. This is psychological manipulation on a grand scale. This is what the War on Terror is all about. Making fear and uncertainty so prevalent and palpable that people do believe there is some real menace that we as a collective society must confront. Ultimately it seems that confrontation is all about wars in remotely connected places with vague goals for the profit of the Military Industrial Complex and the Oil Companies.

An American Leader once said “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself” of course it stands to reason that is why the government wastes no opportunity to sell fear to the people.

Fears are almost always based on imagination and a lack of information. Is it any wonder from 9-11 on through Ft. Hood the government always makes certain that the one thing lacking is credible information?

This isn’t Obama grandstanding, hogging the media spotlight, or giving time for the Feds to cleanup what ever really happened at Ft. Hood, this is psychological manipulation which is what Terrorism is all about.

The real terrorists are our Government Officials the owners of the Military Industrial Complex, Banks and the Oil Companies.

EXCELLENT POST ProtoplasmicTraveler.
Spot on exactly. I am of the same view, this is being done for a reason, so the next question is,

Who benefits from puting Congress off investigating this event?

Who has made the decision that these victim's lives being cut short, are not worthy of being investigated immediately?? I know if it was my family I would want answers as soon as possible. Do they not care how the victim's families will be feeling about this being delayed? It's just wrong.

Anyway when they do put out their report it'll cost the tax payer millions and it won't even be the truth. As you say, they will use the event to instil fear into people against a false 'enemy' of the states, so to speak. It will end up being just another cover-up and be used for whatever agenda they can use it for.

Has any government of any country in the world done one thing which has truly benefitted the people of its country???? I'm having a hard time coming up with examples.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Part of it is supposed to be covered under the Constitution.

Freedom of Religion, that's why Muslim's would be allowed in the military.

I have to ask, why you are assuming he's a radical Muslim?

Just because he did what he did, does not define him as "radical".

Nor does it define him as a Zionist.

This nonsense in general, not directed at you, about "radicals" is absolutely stupid.

All religions have radical extremist views, some more wonky than others.

Look to the religious fervor and nonsense of the Middle Ages, the Dark Ages was accurate, in how both Christian and Muslim fought over Jerusalem, and this war is technically still being fought on a daily basis, the difference is that the Israeli's now occupy Jerusalem after the atrocities of the Nazis, and they are now in the middle of the wars between the West and East, and sometimes just as mixed up in the nonsense now.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chastral
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Some say 9-11 was a false flag. I have heard is said on ATS that Hood was false flag too.

I dont know why anyone would ever false flag Hood. Its not like anything radical has come out of it.

I was involved in a congressional investigation while in the Military. Congress didn't do their job. I dont think congress could help the situation out at all.

False-flag operations assist in opening up budget constraints, plain and simple.

They also assist in tightening and restricting laws that the politicians see as too loose but they cannot tighten nor restrict due to nothing having happened in decades, like the F.I.S.A. requirements, the bill had changed little since it's inception, because no one was doing anything, so the basis for a false-flag happening is evidence as to why it can be plausibly have been committed.

Did you check out my two false-flag operation threads?

False Flag Operator, Become Sheep-Dipped Or Wolf-Dipped, and Become A Puppet Dictator?

Hoist the Flag : False Flags, Agent Provocateurs, and Black Box Operations

Hope my two threads answer some questions for you.

Yes, a lot of people are calling 9/11 a false-flag operation, the evidence is there to support that, however, I am not 100% certain of Fort Hood being one, but I am leaning towards it being a false-flag more and more every day.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

Thanks mike dangerously.

It very well could have been independent contractors.

Or, it could have been cut-outs.

No matter what, the victims and family members, did not deserve this incident.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
i think its bad idea. the longer you leave it the harder it is to investigate. peoples memorys change and distort over time. also physical evidence can be destroyed/people go missing.

I agree that the longer you leave it, the less is found out, the harder the investigation.

The problem however is with the F.B.I. already investigating, if Congress comes in with an independent investigation, things will be screwed up just as much, if not more.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7

I am not a fan of Obama, but I was neither a fan of Bush, and we never heard Bush telling Congress to keep their noses out of September 11th until the investigation was over, not that it did a whole lot of good, because the 9/11 Commission never brought to light any particular details in order to prosecute Osama bin Laden, so will this be yet another cover-up of the crimes...
[edit on 14-11-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

I do. The commission was not even established until a year after the accident and Bush and Cheney refused to testify under oath. Both did everything within their power to impede the investigation, including the failure to provide sufficient funding. You should really consider educating yourself because you apparently have a very poor understanding of the relationship between the Bush administration and the 9/11 commission.

Okay, so you're going to take a minor comment, a small bit of what I know, and assume there that I know nothing of the 9/11 investigation, and make your comment derogatory.

Way to deny ignorance there, andrewh7.

Yes, I knew that Bush and Cheney obstructed justice, obfuscated the investigation, my comment was directed at Obama stating anything to Congress, and that Bush did not state anything, he just kept his mouth shut, and shuffled papers on them.

Personally, because of Bush's handling on 9/11, and after, I believe this is what he deserves.

The Bush Administration, did the most heinous things to America, ever.

Thanks for in the inflammatory commentary, made my day.

I highly suggest before you post on any more of my threads, or make commentary, you get to know me, and not take from one small comment on one thread, and one post, and assume so much, because that does not show very much intelligence on your part, at all.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

I am not a fan of Obama, but I was neither a fan of Bush, and we never heard Bush telling Congress to keep their noses out of September 11th until the investigation was over

Actually the White House did stall 9/11 investigations and was not cooperative with them initially. There was a lot of documentation of this, from cabinet members and other officials refusing to turn over certain information, to having trouble finding the appropriate team to "investigate" the events. Thomas Kean was eventually appointed after others backed away from the offer and the "9/11 Commission" was created on November 27, over 2 months after 9/11 had already happened.

See my post in reply to andrew7, I'm not going to explain it again.

Bush deserves to be in prison, period.

My comment was directly related to Obama opening his mouth to Congress, Bush did not tell them anything, he just did it, with the collusion of Cheney, I know your comment was not as nasty as the previously mentioned poster, but I thank you nonetheless for your comment.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Sliadon

*first paragraph is a quote.. hope I did it right*

Sliadon, that all could very well be a potential for the whole issue, however, having noticed the proximity of this events location, Fort Hood, Texas, to Waco, Texas, as well as all of the events slightly differentiated tales of the series of happenings, from three gunmen, to one gunman, to him being under supervision before the events, it leaves a lot more questions to be asked.

Hey hey hey! No need to drag Waco into this!
We didn't do anything!

Okay seriously, if we want to play connect the dots on this, the kid who was arrested for wanting to blow up a building in Dallas lived in a little town north of Hilsboro TX. Italy I think. That is about 60+ miles from Ft Hood, 35+ from Waco. I call him a kid because he is only 19, and from most accounts lived like a 'normal young adult' doing "normal things" kids do. IMO he looked way too calm while being detained. Most people would have been freaking out if they were arrested for a terrorist plot.

Now back on topic, I have to agree with Sliadon on this. Sadly sometimes a lone crazy person can create so much damage.

That being said, there were so many red flags flying around this guy, so many "eyes" watching him. Someone dropped the ball big time.

Maybe this is why Obama wants to put a halt on the Congressional investigation, so they can collect data of what really happened before Congress could start the CYA investigation and cover up the real reason why the FBI and the Military let this guy slip right on through.

IMO that is where the real mystery is.

[edit on 16-11-2009 by Justaposter]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obinhi
Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but all of you who think this is the beginnings of a cover up are clutching at straws. The reason he called for a halt to the congressional probe is because it would cause investigative conflicts and with more people with hands in this the more of a chance there is of evidence going missing or being tampered with. I see mention of this being used as a reason for war in Iran. Don't you think we have enough of a reason in the nuclear issue with out stretching this mans connections to some crazy cleric to be some sort of Revolutionary Guard agent in disguise? No I think that you all should take a step back and look at the situation for what it really is, after all, some times senseless killing is just that, senseless.

Well, I do not think you're being rude, but I know the White House, a Presidential Administration, if you will, will use anything and everything, just to gain more power.

Just like Congress, they do it too, and yes, I agree, Congress stepping in
will only foul things up.

I highly recommend this book to you :

The Cult of the Presidency: America's Dangerous Devotion to Executive Power

Amazon Review :

The Bush years have given rise to fears of a resurgent Imperial Presidency. Those fears are justified, but the problem cannot be solved simply by bringing a new administration to power.

In his provocative new book, The Cult of the Presidency, Gene Healy argues that the fault lies not in our leaders but in ourselves.

When our scholars lionize presidents who break free from constitutional restraints, when our columnists and talking heads repeatedly call upon the "commander in chief " to dream great dreams and seek the power to achieve them--when voters look to the president for salvation from all problems great and small--should we really be surprised that the presidency has burst its constitutional bonds and grown powerful enough to threaten American liberty?

The Cult of the Presidency takes a step back from the ongoing red team/blue team combat and shows that, at bottom, conservatives and liberals agree on the boundless nature of presidential responsibility.

For both camps, it is the president's job to grow the economy, teach our children well, provide seamless protection from terrorist threats, and rescue Americans from spiritual malaise.

Very few Americans seem to think it odd, says Healy, "when presidential candidates talk as if they're running for a job that's a combination of guardian angel, shaman, and supreme warlord of the earth."

Healy takes aim at that unconfined conception of presidential responsibility, identifying it as the source of much of our political woe and some of the gravest threats to our liberties.

If the public expects the president to heal everything that ails us, the president is going to demand--or seize--the power necessary to handle that responsibility.

Interweaving historical scholarship, legal analysis, and trenchant cultural commentary, The Cult of the Presidency traces America's decades-long drift from the Framers' vision for the presidency: a constitutionally constrained chief magistrate charged with faithful execution of the laws.

Restoring that vision will require a Congress and a Court willing to check executive power, but Healy emphasizes that there is no simple legislative or judicial "fix" to the problems of the presidency.

Unless Americans change what we ask of the office--no longer demanding what we should not want and cannot have--we'll get what, in a sense, we deserve.

It was written just before Obama got into office, but it holds true to his actions today.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join