It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Urges Congress To Put Off Fort Hood Probe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Well, I appreciate the answer to my original question, in my first post back to you.

I grew up under similar circumstances, but took it far beyond that, of my own volition.

I was perusing books about military, Law Enforcement, Government, the fall of society, every type of book you can imagine, I was delving into, reaching for knowledge, but I learned that America was created and based around both the Greek and Roman empires, the United States being vulnerable from within like the Greeks, and the masses must be distracted unless they riot via the Flavian Amphitheatre of the Roman's.

I will bitch and moan about Rome or Greece, as I see each nation's imagery stick its head up.

Each and every person has a role to play in it, from the White House, to Congress, to each and every one of the Law Enforcement agencies, down to the single citizen like you and I.

Nidal Malik Hasan is but the gladiator thrown to the lions, this week.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

And what would be your perfect world, just wondering.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

He received counseling and extra supervision, says a lot.

This is how Manchurian Candidates are made though. What type of counseling did he recieve, what kind of extra supervision. Was he in fact being encouraged to develop the very thesis he presented at the conclusion of his internship.

Was he actually being skillfully groomed by military psychological experts to espouse the very ideas that now seem to indict him?

As a college graduate he would have entered the Army as a Luitenant.

This man rose to the rank of Major! I would say someone was very pleased with the results of his counseling and thesis!

Now why would that be?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

And what would be your perfect world, just wondering.

Well I would be Emperor of all of Rome of course. I would have a really nice Baths in my throne room and the entire Swiss Bikini team frolicking about in it.

I would have a nice Temple to Bachus right outside my Palace, and have absolute power of life and death over every one and every thing.

I would also only have 2 hour work days, 26 weeks of paid vacation, and statues of me everywhere.

Oh lots of Holidays celebrated in my name. Holidays are important.

Oh and lots of public works projects to engage all the citizens in building huge monuments to me.

Am I missing anything you think? I mean it would suck if my perfect world wasn't perfect!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Very interesting thread SKL. You really try to do to tangle with all aspects of a story, and this one, most assuredly, has many. I am still on the fence about the ins and outs of why this tragedy happened in the first place. Especially, on a rapid deployment depot as Fort Hood in Texas. One would figure that force protection would be at the highest, given the mission of such a base. These men and women are deploying to combat operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. Are they not as important, as say, an installation that houses top-secret weapons or technology or a facility with nuclear weapons?

Thirteen casualties and over 40 injured according to the AFP article below.

www.google.com...

That is a major loss to combat forces in theater and they are reinforcements for soldiers in the field. It will take time to fill the void left by the tragedy at Fort Hood, in terms of training new reinforcements. So to put it simply, it is a strike to force readiness by combat troops in the field. I am not sure, but it stands to reason, that some in Iraq or Afghanistan will have their tours extended until a replacement is available to relieve them. So now morale takes a hit as well, because soldiers who are expecting to return home in the near future may now have to wait for an indefinite time until a relief arrives. So yes, an unbiased investigation is needed and one free from the constrains of government affiliations. Because this thing stinks to high heaven. This time I want to know everything and leave no stone unturned. Enough of the "theater," as some have called this investigations.

At least this Hasan character is breathing and of the coma, and that is a plus. According to the articles I have read, thus far, he has not spoke as yet, but hopefully soon. However, I think he should be under armed guard at all times, because who knows whom and what could benefit by his untimely absence from the investigation. Perhaps, he is a disgruntled soldier and a religious fanatic, or maybe, he was involved in something far more nefarious that involves others? We remember what happened when Oswald was killed while in police custody. So his protection must be adhered to as well, as the investigation convenes. Like many, I would like answers, and hopefully, a truth is revealed that everyone can be pleased with about this tragedy.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

My particular take on this news article is that Obama is not wanting Congress to slip in and mess up the current ongoing investigation, which is understandable, but is he doing this out of respect for the victims and the ongoing investigation, because he was has shown such little amount of clarity in action in his first year of office, or is he just trying to get into the spotlight yet again as he always does, whether it is beneficial or not?

Anyone who has watched the Congressional hearings on Steroids in Baseball, or the hearings that looked into the action taken by the government's actions prior to the bailout knows that the quickest way to turn this into a circus is to let Congress involved.

I cringe at how ill informed and inarticulate many of our duly appointed representatives really are. The last thing the family of the victims needs to be exposed to is the usual grandstanding that takes place when the Congressional Clowns knows the TV cameras are on.

Let LE do their job first.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Fort Hood shooting suspect sent money to Pakistan, Texas congressman says

www.dallasnews.com...

I have confirmed through independent sources that there were communications and wire transfers made to Pakistan," McCaul said in a prepared statement provided by his spokesman. "This Pakistan connection just raises more red flags about this case and demonstrates why it's important for Congress to exercise its oversight authority."

The spokesman, Mike Rosen, said McCaul wouldn't name his sources. The congressman's statement didn't address who Hasan's contacts in Pakistan were, when he communicated with them or how much money he sent.

McCaul is the top Republican on the House Homeland Security Committee's intelligence subcommittee. He typically is briefed on classified material but had yet to be formally briefed on the Fort Hood killings.

He "has been actively seeking information from as many credible sources as possible," Rosen said. "It has been more difficult than usual to obtain information from our intelligence community."

Asked about McCaul's comments, an FBI spokesman in Washington said he couldn't comment on any aspect of the investigation.

Evan Kohlmann, a terrorism expert who has consulted with the FBI and the Defense Department, noted that Hasan is a U.S. citizen of Palestinian descent, with no known family ties to Pakistan. Kohlmann said that leaves only two reasons for the psychiatrist to wire money to the South Asian country: to support charity or to support jihad.

"It has been more difficult than usual to obtain information from our intelligence community."

What's that supposed to mean?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

My particular take on this news article is that Obama is not wanting Congress to slip in and mess up the current ongoing investigation, which is understandable, but is he doing this out of respect for the victims and the ongoing investigation, because he was has shown such little amount of clarity in action in his first year of office, or is he just trying to get into the spotlight yet again as he always does, whether it is beneficial or not?

No, it is because this is Obama's Katrina. Of course they knew all about this guy and his views... they were too worried about "offending" Muslims though to do anything about it.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

You are preaching to the choir on this one, Manchurian Candidate indeed.

The thesis and anti-thesis would be he needed counseling and then got extra attention.

Then, knowing that was in action already, we have to look at each individuated thesis and antithesis in his life thereafter.

Yes, I agree, the perfect candidate for a Manchurian experiment.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Thanks for the update, Storm! The more info the better. So why was Major Hasan sending money to a noted Taliban playground, Pakistan? Another loose end. However, I think Congress should stay out of this one, because after working in the food service industry for a bit, I was always told, "To many cooks in the kitchen, ruins the soup." So, I think patience is in order at the moment and like Night Watchman mentioned in their post, "Let LE do their job first."

[edit on 14-11-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

I cringe at how ill informed and inarticulate many of our duly appointed representatives really are.

That's no lie.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

LOL, at least you are honest,

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

LOL, at least you are honest,

Hey I figure the whole advantage to this system would be the fact it's honest!

It's the one truly lacking thing in our current forms of government!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

That is so true, Jake51, I jump all over the intricacies of a story.

I look at things from each and every angle, leaving nothing to be guessed at.

I was taught to think inside the box, outside the box, and sometimes smash the box and start over.

This particular case happened inside a box, Fort Hood, outside the box is us citizens watching back inside, and smashing the box and starting over is where the conspiracy really lies.

Cover-up, conspiring, and collusion, all wrapped in one event.

Question is whether Nidal Malik Hasan did the event, or was he run by a black box operation?

Did he have Agent Provocateurs agitating him to his actions?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
Anyone who has watched the Congressional hearings on Steroids in Baseball, or the hearings that looked into the action taken by the government's actions prior to the bailout knows that the quickest way to turn this into a circus is to let Congress involved.

I cringe at how ill informed and inarticulate many of our duly appointed representatives really are. The last thing the family of the victims needs to be exposed to is the usual grandstanding that takes place when the Congressional Clowns knows the TV cameras are on.

Let LE do their job first.

Yes, I agree, let Law Enforcement do their jobs first, with military being their as there as the victim, this will mean that the Congressional Hearings will be all that much more of a three-ring circus after the fact.

I wonder if Nidal Malik Hasan will live to get to trial, or whether someone like Jack Ruby will pop up, and pop him.

Which side will send the assassin to silence him?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Okay, sorry Mr. Congressman, according to Wikipedia, his parents were born in Palestine.

Quote from : Wikpedia : Nidal Malik Hasan : Early Life

Early life Hasan was born in Arlington, Virginia, to Palestinian parents who emigrated to the US from al-Bireh in the West Bank.

Hasan attended Wakefield High School for a year in Arlington, but primarily attended William Fleming High School in Roanoke.

Hasan, along with his two younger brothers, assisted his parents in operating the family's restaurant in Roanoke, Virginia.

This means he could in fact plausibly have relatives living in Pakistan.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

No, it is because this is Obama's Katrina. Of course they knew all about this guy and his views... they were too worried about "offending" Muslims though to do anything about it.

Okay, so the Fort Hood shooting equals Katrina?

I would not agree with you, this event is too small to equal something as devastating as Katrina.

Offending Muslim's is the least of the military's troubles right now.

That they were worried says something about them, we should never have sent soldiers to either Iraq or Afghanistan to begin with, and this is the type of event that happens because of the people being divided on the issue to begin with.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I echo your concerns about this story, and have the very same questions. More often than not, there is more to any story than what meets the eye. However, the truth is a tough pill to swallow on many things, and people have much to loose if the beans are spilled in their entirety.What I mean by the last sentence are those people who sit on that comfortable cushion of power and authority we have awarded them.

As has been done with other national tragedies of the past (JFK Assassination, MLK, RFK, Waco, Oklahoma City Bombings, 9-11, Iran-Contra, and so many others . . .), information is slowly trickled down to the observers, us, and is usually fraught with loose ends, by the individuals tasked with getting to the bottom of things in an official sense. Why that is, I have no idea? However, if true transparency was in order, as was President Obama's official campaign motto, we would have less to talk about on here. Everyone keep up the good work, very thoughtful contributions to this story by all.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Jake51, I agree with you, we are not told everything, we are left alone in the dark, like mushrooms.

You know what mushrooms being left in the dark are fed, right?

I know I do not need to state the adjective, neither the four letter word, nor any replacement.

That is exactly why I am a conspiracy theorist.

Are You "Right-Wing Fringe", or "Left-Wing Fringe" and How Will They Push You

I look for patterns, look for what does not belong there, look for who's covering up.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Yes, I know that mushroom remark well, and it goes well with how the authorities and government disseminate information to the masses in this country, and I am pretty sure, others abroad, as well. We are spoon fed that four letter adjective with nothing other than a silver spoon, and many of our brethren eat it up, and ask for seconds. There is a saying I like to say when explaining a topic that is murky and lacking concrete data. I say to a disbelieving person, "You can pour syrup on excrement, but that doesn't make it pancakes." Very good points!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join