It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Urges Congress To Put Off Fort Hood Probe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Obama Urges Congress To Put Off Fort Hood Probe

apnews.myway.com

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama on Saturday urged Congress to hold off on any investigation of the Fort Hood rampage until federal law enforcement and military authorities have completed their probes into the shootings at the Texas Army post, which left 13 people dead.

On an eight-day Asia trip, Obama turned his attention home and pleaded for lawmakers to "resist the temptation to turn this tragic event into the political theater."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Fort Hood Conspiracy
Fort Hood shooting: Texas army killer linked to September 11 terrorists
Lock down at Fort Hood
Fort Hood is the new 911 prelude to war with Iran?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I want to first say that no matter anyone's particular beliefs of "conspiracy theories" the people that died, and their families should be remembered as lost to the detritus of war.

My particular take on this news article is that Obama is not wanting Congress to slip in and mess up the current ongoing investigation, which is understandable, but is he doing this out of respect for the victims and the ongoing investigation, because he was has shown such little amount of clarity in action in his first year of office, or is he just trying to get into the spotlight yet again as he always does, whether it is beneficial or not?

I am not a fan of Obama, but I was neither a fan of Bush, and we never heard Bush telling Congress to keep their noses out of September 11th until the investigation was over, not that it did a whole lot of good, because the 9/11 Commission never brought to light any particular details in order to prosecute Osama bin Laden, so will this be yet another cover-up of the crimes, or will it be a Kangaroo Court making yet another mockery of the victims of heinous crimes against our country?

Will it be another J.F.K./Oswald, a September 11th/Osama bin Laden, or will this become yet another criminal malfeasance like O.J.?

Is it just another pretext for war with Iran?

apnews.myway.com

[edit on 14-11-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

until federal law enforcement and military authorities have completed their probes into the shootings at the Texas Army post, which left 13 people dead.

You mean until the cover-up is completed and they have successfully eliminated and replaced all evidence of anything other than a radical Islamic killer acting alone.

Friendly fire?

What really happened in the hood

Fort?

Some things are best left alone perhaps... Listen to your President, he has been well advised.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

No, I choose not to listen to Obama.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cd5db7e57ad5.jpg[/atsimg]

And with three people being held, and two released, I see the pattern of a cover-up.

Notice that Wikipedia already has a Nidal Malik Hasan page?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a801ead0bb01.jpg[/atsimg]

Quote from : Wikipedia : Nidal Malik Hasan

Major Nidal Malik Hasan, MD (born September 8, 1970) is an American military psychiatrist.

Hasan is the primary suspect in the Fort Hood shooting, and is currently hospitalized at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas.

He was charged with 13 counts of murder on November 12, 2009.

It's almost as if guilty before proven innocent with as much news as they're throwing at this particular story, and I find that odd, because it helps steamroll the military doctrine that was being pushed under Bush about terrorists being tried via secret evidence.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Star n Flag!

Guys check this link out
www.thetruthseeker.co.uk...

It's gives an interesting prospective.
There were too many conflicting stories.

These are trained men who to go war in the same warzone where the Soviets forced to retreat.

Friendly fire?
Because of ONE guy?
How much mayhem are you guys picturing when you imagine the fort hood incident?

Think of a guy in a shopping mall or parking lot with alot of people, do you guys really think it would be difficult for everyone to know and pinpoint immediately who's doing the shootings?

Come on people would figure it out within milliseconds.
Friendly fire?

First one shooter, then 2 shooters then 3 shooters, then 2 shooters, then one shoother, then the one shooter is dead then oh no he's still alive.

And now this, no investigation from congress.
And then the FEDS came to help army troops capture one guy.

Then apparently a Major knew of the man having links to al-qaeda and knew all along. But he did nothing about a man who may be a double agent with a license to prescribe psychiatric drugs to the same troops going to fight the terroist group a Major knew he had links with?

Do people believe this story?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Damn you for beating me to this story SKL!

What? To me every single angle of this terrible terrorist act must be examined. Congress has the right to review this. Just as they had the right to review the case of 9/11

Obama is wrong to try and urge congress to end a probe into the events that happened at Ft Hood. Yes the FBI is involved, but this was an attack on our troops on our soil.

Every angle needs to be investigated in the terrible events that happened at Ft. Hood.

Mr. Obama, please don't stifle the ability of our congress to conduct a probe into this tragedy.

news.yahoo.com

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

That's my particle thinking on this incident, there are way too many conflicting stories.

Is that just the media being that screwed up, or are they intentionally letting the wrong information slip out to confuse the entire incident, thereby committing Obstruction of Justice through the use of collusion in the form of "confusion", ensuring the chaos they are perpetuating will assist any co-conspirators the time to escape?

I still want to state, amid all of the chaos, amid anything else, the families need to be remembered.

I had made a Veterans Day thread which got all but ignored because of the overshadow.

Happy Veterans Day : Former, Current, and Future Soldiers

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Enough will eventually as overwhelming evidence is made public.... They just need a little more time to fabricate it and build the case through the news media.

Then congress can probe whatever they want, convincing the public will be the first and top priority. The truth is a serious threat and major liability right now.

They should pray to Allah, beg him to prevent that truth from escaping their grip.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Sorry, Wukky, I was faster on the draw with my typing.

Yes, I agree the story needs to be examined from every angle, however, let the F.B.I. finish investigating it since they are working on it, because with investigations, the more different agencies added to it, it will cause confusion and chain of command issues, as well as the territorial nonsense that goes with it.

Who's investigation is it, who gets to release what information, who gets to prosecute, etc.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Enough will eventually as overwhelming evidence is made public.... They just need a little more time to fabricate it and build the case through the news media.

Then congress can probe whatever they want, convincing the public will be the first and top priority. The truth is a serious threat and major liability right now.

They should pray to Allah, beg him to prevent that truth from escaping their grip.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by Walkswithfish]

Okay, back up a second here, who are you stating should pray to Allah?

Was that comment absolutely necessary, really?

Yes, the truth is a major liability, I agree with that statement, but is the inflammatory comment really that necessary, and I am not flaming you for it, just curious as to the need of it being included within this, whether American or Muslim, that comment only adds to the already nonsensical state of blind hatred going between two different religions.

If anything the Hegelian Dialectic is in action with the story of Nidal Malik Hasan.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

It must be working, because if I had said "pray to God" you would not have seen anything inflammatory in that.

What is the difference?

One has been effectively vilified?

Did God or Allah kill at fort hood?

It is all a matter of perspective... and apparently perspectives are easily manipulated.

In time even YOU will believe the "official story" ... in fact most of you are well on the way.

Ignorance is bliss.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Somehow, I highly doubt that I will ever believe any of the official story, I have not believed one yet.

I see things in Divide and Conquer, the Hegelian Dialectic if you will.

Quote from : Wikipedia : Dialectic : Hegelian Dialectic

Hegelian dialectic, usually presented in a three-fold manner, was stated by Heinrich Moritz Chalybäus as comprising three dialectical stages of development: a thesis, giving rise to its reaction, an antithesis, which contradicts or negates the thesis, and the tension between the two being resolved by means of a synthesis.

Although this model is often named after Hegel, he himself never used that specific formulation.

Hegel ascribed that terminology to Kant.

Carrying on Kant's work, Fichte greatly elaborated on the synthesis model, and popularized it.

On the other hand, Hegel did use a three-valued logical model that is very similar to the antithesis model, but Hegel's most usual terms were: Abstract-Negative-Concrete.

Sometimes Hegel would use the terms, Immediate-Mediated-Concrete. Hegel used these terms hundreds of times throughout his works.

The formula, Thesis-Antithesis-Synthesis, does not explain why the Thesis requires an Antithesis.

However, the formula, Abstract-Negative-Concrete, suggests a flaw in any initial thesis—it is too abstract and lacks the negative of trial, error and experience.

The same applies to the formula, Immediate-Mediated-Concrete.

For Hegel, the Concrete, the Synthesis, the Absolute, must always pass through the phase of the Negative, that is, Mediation.

This is the actual essence of what is popularly called Hegelian Dialectics.

No, I would have questioned you about using Pray to God just as much.

What most people do not realize is that the Crusades never stopped in the Middle Ages.

They were called the Dark Ages, for a reason, because learning and understanding were shut down for a large extent, and we are still in the Crusades, Christian verses Muslim, Hindu verses Atheist, the list is endless, one religious war after another, covered up by the country with the biggest stake in it with missiles pointing at one another, the Cold War may be over, but the next war is always right around the corner.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Maybe Obama doesn't want a probe into the shootings because he doesn't want people to realize that there were so many deaths and woundings because soldiers at the fort weren't allowed to be armed and had no way to stop this (those 3-4) maniac(s) from shooting the place up.

I mean, after the first or third death or wounding, this guy would have been shot to death long before, and Obama realizes this and realizes that his plans for gun control seems a bit... ridiculous, so he wants this matter to die and for the sheeple to go back to sleep.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
Maybe Obama doesn't want a probe into the shootings because he doesn't want people to realize that there were so many deaths and woundings because soldiers at the fort weren't allowed to be armed and had no way to stop this (those 3-4) maniac(s) from shooting the place up.

I mean, after the first or third death or wounding, this guy would have been shot to death long before, and Obama realizes this and realizes that his plans for gun control seems a bit... ridiculous, so he wants this matter to die and for the sheeple to go back to sleep.

I'm not exactly sure about what you're stating is the case, but it's a good thought.

Anything is possible and plausible in this stage of the political game.

I went looking for more videos and decided to include the White House channel from YouTube, and a weekly address Obama did concerning Veterans Day and the Fort Hood incident.

YouTube : White House Channel

Weekly Address : Veterans Day and Fort Hood

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
There is more than one way to skin a cat. I truly feel Obama and Company are simply using reverse psychology in asking people not to rush to conclusions, politicize the tragedy at Fort Hood and or make political theatre out of it.

In my humble opinion Congress can no more be trusted to run a credible investigation than the FBI and the Military can.

The vague and conflicting statements and lack of Officials speaking on the record in an Official capacity in this case basically seems indicative of wanting people to draw their own conclusions based on the already well indoctrinated belief that any Muslim accused of committing a crime is doing so for terroristic reasons related to Islam.

Bush and Company would tell us who we should be angry at and want to seek revenge against and what despicable things caused this to happen.

Obama and Company simply trust in the fact that Bush and Company did a good enough job at instilling anti-Muslim feelings and fear that the majority of the country will arrive at that conclusion all by themselves if left alone and given enough vague clues to lead them to that conclusion.

Mean while they turn up the heat on Iran, talk in earnest about trying the accused 9-11 masterminds in Federal Court and make sure every possible news article that vilifies Islam in any way shape or form that it can be construed to gets front page media play.

This is all political theatre even the call for there to be no political theatre, this is all about leading people to make judgment in absence of any of the real facts by withholding all the real facts and cautioning people not to make judgment.

This is a conspiracy. This is psychological manipulation on a grand scale. This is what the War on Terror is all about. Making fear and uncertainty so prevalent and palpable that people do believe there is some real menace that we as a collective society must confront. Ultimately it seems that confrontation is all about wars in remotely connected places with vague goals for the profit of the Military Industrial Complex and the Oil Companies.

An American Leader once said “The only thing we have to fear is fear itself” of course it stands to reason that is why the government wastes no opportunity to sell fear to the people.

Fears are almost always based on imagination and a lack of information. Is it any wonder from 9-11 on through Ft. Hood the government always makes certain that the one thing lacking is credible information?

This isn’t Obama grandstanding, hogging the media spotlight, or giving time for the Feds to cleanup what ever really happened at Ft. Hood, this is psychological manipulation which is what Terrorism is all about.

The real terrorists are our Government Officials the owners of the Military Industrial Complex, Banks and the Oil Companies.

[edit on 14/11/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Loved the post, ProtoplasmicTraveler.

I agree with that to a large extent, because that is the majority of what politics is all about, pointing in one direction while something completely nonsensical is swept under the rug.

In politics it is about keeping the steam rolling, keeping the nonsense flying, and not giving the American citizens, and the legal immigrants, and illegal immigrants time to consider that tje old con of the shell game is being played against the people via the often and greatly touted Hegelian Dialectic, Divide and Conquer.

The Old Shell Game

Keep the people, the useless eaters, to Congress, the Military, and White House, distracted long enough to swindle the money out of the tax-payers pockets.

I noticed long ago you have a Fasces in your avatar, so I have to ask, are you in favor of the new Rome, or for the Fall of Rome?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I would think they would investigate while the information is fresh.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

What really is happening right now is massive exploitation of this crisis to create momentum and synergy and to harness it and channel it towards support of the next goals of the Internationalists and Elites to retake Iran and restore the Shah’s son to power on the Peacock Throne there and to create absolute U.S. Military hegemony in the strategic oil rich Persian Gulf.

A bankrupt and war weary American populace though has been rejecting most of the previous propaganda highlighting the reasons we should want to attack Iran.

The reality is if Mother Theresa was running Iran right now the Powers that Be would find a way to vilify her.
They covet Iran and mean to have it.

It’s all about manipulation of public attitudes to ratchet up anti-Muslim sentiment to get people to go along with another ‘feel good’ war of vengeance.

They are trying to capture that feeling of anger and fear and to harness it and let it build and grow at this point rather than chance revealing their ultimate remedy and having it shot down by the more reasonable amongst us.

Sadly with a vast majority of our population here in the United States believing in one of the three branches of a religion that perpetually all argue and lay claim to the same deity, religious exploitation remains a powerful and easy tool to exploit.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Yes, that is the norm for this type of thing, to investigate while it is fresh.

However, they have to do fact-finding, and Congress is all about finding facts.

I have no trust in Government whatsoever anymore.

How can I trust an organization that is run politically through lobbying groups buying off all of the politicians, think-tanks like the P.N.A.C. which will lie us into a war, and when events like J.F.K., 9/11, and any other you care to name are so blatantly covered up?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Yes, that is the norm for this type of thing, to investigate while it is fresh.

However, they have to do fact-finding, and Congress is all about finding facts.

I have no trust in Government whatsoever anymore.

How can I trust an organization that is run politically through lobbying groups buying off all of the politicians, think-tanks like the P.N.A.C. which will lie us into a war, and when events like J.F.K., 9/11, and any other you care to name are so blatantly covered up?

Needless to say I don't trust them either,

[edit on 103030p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join