It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death penalty trial for accused 9/11 plotters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Death penalty trial for accused 9/11 plotters

www.abc.net.au

The alleged mastermind of the 9/11 attacks and four suspected co-plotters will be tried in a civilian court, just blocks from where Al Qaeda hijackers crashed two airliners into the World Trade Centre.

Attorney-General Eric Holder said that prosecutors would seek the death penalty against Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four other suspects who are held at Guantanamo Bay, but will be moved to a New York prison ahead of their trial.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Wow! I got so excited when I read this. I am a big fan of Law & Order – the TV show. This article says that the trial will be in New York, so that means Jack McCoy will probably be the public prosecutor! Now before you say that Jack is just an actor, well remember, so are these so-called terrorist!

So if they really want to trail these guys for 911 they need to use Law & Order to do it, but if they want to trial the real criminals of 911 Bush & Cheney then they will have to use the real world court house

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The trial for Khaled Sheikh Mohammad would be very intresting indeed. I am quiet surprised the DC lawyer claiming 100% gaurantee he will get the conviction unless ofcourse if it's already decided behind screen, or he trusts the biasness of people judging him.

Not many people here would be aware there was hearing of Khaled Sheikh Muhammad in US Millitary Tribunal few times. Here are two different transcripts of the complete hearings.

Hearing 1 - 10/03/07 - ISN 10024
www.aclu.org...
news.bbc.co.uk...
or www.defenselink.mil...

and keeping in mind the techniques used by Bush regime to extract confession it certainly seems hard to get a conviction. Here is the detailed report provided by ICRC - International Commitee of Red Cross dated 14 Feb'2007, a secret report.
www.nybooks.com...

new topics

join