It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Moon God" conspiracy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Anyhow, now to why his statements are complete rubbish.

He's not 100% but not rubbish.

Nabonidus was born in Harran, in northern Mesopotamia. His name, Nabu-na¯id, which in Babylonian means ‘the god Nabû is extolled,’ is remarkable when one observes that he was a passionate devotee of the moon god, Sin, whose sanctuary, Ehulhul in Harran, was restored by himself and his mother, Adad-guppi«. A strange fact of his life is his ten-year sojourn in the desert town of Teima, in the Arabian peninsula, while his son, Belshazzar, ruled in his stead in Babylon.

Achtemeier, P. J., Harper & Row, P., & Society of Biblical Literature. (1985). Harper's Bible dictionary. Includes index. (1st ed.) (678). San Francisco: Harper & Row.

First off, Nabonidus wasn't Nebuchadnezzar's son. He wasn't even related to him.

Actually yes he was, by marriage. He was Nebuchadnezzar's son in law. Nebs daughter Nitocris married Nabonidus and their son was Belshazzar. So Belshazzar's grandfather on his mothers side was Nebuchadnezzer.

Next, he never went to Yathrib, he went to Teyma, which is over 300km from Yathrib.

That's a bold statement. How do you know "never went to Yathrib"? Sorry but historians say he did. Here we have King Nabonidus - devoted to the moon god Sin- living in Arabia for at least 10 years and you want us to believe he kept it all to himself?

In an unprecedented move Nabonidus shifted his capital into the middle of the Arabian peninsula some 800 km (500 mi) from Babylonia. We learn from the Haran texts that he was away for a total of ten years. From the fragmentary entries in the Nabonidus Chronicle (ANET, pp. 305–307) we are certain that he was away at least from the seventh to the eleventh year. We also know that the king returned to Babylon in time to participate in the New Year’s festival in 539. His stay must therefore have begun at the earliest in his fourth year, since we know his activities for the first three years (see III above). He must also have returned not later than 540. His sojourn in Arabia therefore lasted either from 552 to 542, or from 550 to 540.
The reasons for Nabonidus’s self-imposed exile have been much debated. Some suggested that Nabonidus went for reasons of health; he had become ill early in his reign. Others have suggested that he wanted to control the lucrative Arabian trade or obtain allies against the rising power of Persia.
According to the Haran texts Nabonidus chose to occupy a string of six oases about 160 km (100 mi) inland from the coast in northwestern Arabia, with his capital at Tema (Teimā). Tema was strategically situated halfway between Babylonia and Egypt, and between Damascus and Mecca. According to the Verse Account Nabonidus beautified Tema and built a palace there like his palace in Babylon. The famous Tema Stone, an inscription in Aramaic that scholars have dated to the 5th cent b.c., may actually date from Nabonidus’s reign in view of the close iconographic parallels with the Haran stelae. The image of Ṣalm on the stone may represent the deified Nabonidus (see Winnett). Other oases were Dedan, Padakku, Ḫibrâ, Yadiḫu, and Yatribu (Medina).

Bromiley, G. W. (1988; 2002). The International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, Revised (3:469). Wm. B. Eerdmans.

So there's the Medina or Yathrib connection! So much for it being rubbish. Perhaps he built your Ka'baa too?

Next, he certainly didn't "introduce" any religion there, and definitely had no love for Marduk (a fact that caused his priests to hate him).

Right he risked his very life to promote Sin, the moon God, to the head of the Babylonian pantheon. He was so devoted to moon god that he convert the temple of Marduk to the a temple for Sin - he also rebuilt the temple of Sin in Abraham's native Ur.

The he moved to Arabia, quite obviously his affections traveled with him. He lived in Arabia for 10 years! He clearly shows a pattern of taking risks to promote moon God worship. It would be much more shocking if he did not introduce the moon god Sin to Arabia! Of course he did!

[edit on 11/27/2009 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
reply to post by babloyi

I think the reason you fail to make the obvious connection between Allah and the moon god are your presuppositions which I don't share.

But then again, I could claim the same thing as you. In fact, your very next line where you tell me what you think the Quran is, proves that. You consider your interpretation of the Bible to be absolute fact, and thus you must counter, put down, ignore or attack anything you think may be "different" from it.
I try my best not to start off with any presuppositions, but I suppose I'm just as liable as anyone else to fall into them. Feel free to point out anywhere that you believe my presupposition does not have a valid basis.

I'm not sure what the purpose of that video, or your following paragraph is (except another examples of how your presuppositions necessitate you to form opinions that might not otherwise exist). The guy in the video speaks nothing of Allah or the moon god. While I agree with his sentiment (free fair exchange of ideas between religions), I don't quite see the point. The mistake of one person (a muslim who put forward the idea that the Bible has been corrupted, yet was unable to back his statement), doesn't create a blanket painting of all muslims, or even Islam itself. There definitely IS much basis for the assertion that the Bible has been corrupted from the original form (whether right or wrong), but I hope you'll excuse me for not going into that, as that definitely isn't the topic of this thread. The fact that an unnamed, credentialless "muslim apologist" didn't have such statements at hand isn't really the point.

Your argument centers on the fact that the word "Allah" was used separately. But then later you use the argument that "Allah" simply means "the God" or "the one who is worshiped".

Your source:

... for the Christians and the monotheists, al-ilāh evidently means God; for the poets it means merely "the one who is worshipped", so al-ilāh indicates: "the god already mentioned"...

From D. B. Macdonald in "The Encyclopaedia of Islam" (1971)

The moon god was "the one who was worshiped" so by your own definition when Muhammad's tribe worshiped - Allah was the moon god.

C'mon, Whammy, post the whole quote! You missed this part:

... By frequency of usage, al-ilāh was contracted to Allāh, frequently attested in pre-Islamic poetry (where his name cannot in every case have been substituted for another), and then became a proper name (ism ‘alam)...

ilāh is certainly identical with elōah and represents an expanded form of an element -l- (il, el) common to the semitic languages.

By Muhammad's time, it became a PROPER NAME, accepted by all arabs of the time. A name applied to only ONE GOD, who was THE GOD. There wasn't one group of arabs who called "Hubal" Allah, and another that called "Wadd" Allah, etc.

The title of "Allah" was used only for ONE GOD, and that title was accepted by all the pagan arabs of the time. What they disagreed on with Muhammad was the non-existence of all the other gods in their pantheon.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by babloyi]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

More revisionist history. Obviously Islamic monotheism did not exist before Muhammad was born.

By Muhammad's time, it became a PROPER NAME, accepted by all arabs of the time.

This is obviously not true. In Muhammad' time there were many gods. Muhammad promoted his brand of monotheism at the end of a sword. And Islam was resisted not "accepted by all arabs". Mecca was taken in battle - and they resisted. So your assertion that by Muhammad's time Allah was a reference to a monotheistic god is utter nonsense. It was after Muhammad's blood thirsty campaign of violence that monotheism was enforced by intimidation.

A name applied to only ONE GOD, who was THE GOD. There wasn't one group of arabs who called "Hubal" Allah, and another that called "Wadd" Allah, etc.

No the "one god" of Islam did not even exist until after Muhammad had his revelations in a cave. So the word "allah" attached to Muhammad's name and the name of his ancestors necessarily refered to their patron deity the moon god.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I don't think you understood my point. Yes, there were many gods in the pre-islamic pantheon. I didn't say that Islam was accepted without resistance.

What I said was that ALLAH existed as a separate deity from Hubal, Sin, and whatever other name can be conjured up. The pre-islamic pagan arabs ACCEPTED that there was this deity LONG BEFORE Muhammad ever said anything. The major reasoning behind Muhammad's mission was not to introduce a new god, or to uplift the moon god at the expense of the others, it was to remove the concept of all these other gods that the pagan arabs had added on throughout the years, thus saying ALLAH, THE GOD was the only one. I have given absolute proof of this fact in my original post, but you choose to ignore it (or label it "islamic revisionism" or something).

If what you were claiming were true, then Muhammad would preach about Allah to his own tribesmen, but then when he went to another tribe, he'd preach about "Hubal" (because "obviously", the other tribe would have a different "Allah"
). Or he'd just talk about "Allah", and then make some weird claim to the Banu Quraish that Hubal was Allah, and then when he'd go to the Banu Sa'ad, he'd claim that Wadd was Allah.
Muhammad did none of this, because all the tribes already KNEW of the existence of Allah. They just disagreed with his opinion that no other gods existed!

I have given you concrete contemporary evidence showing that Allah was completely separate from Hubal, Ba'al, etc. You have provided me with no evidence to the contrary, only vague claims about moon god worship in Arabia some 1000 years before the birth of Muhammad.

I challenge you to provide me with a single piece of evidence from the arabian tribes, contemporary to Muhammad's time of Hubal being called Allah, or Sin being called Allah, or any other deity being called "Allah".

PS: No, Mecca fell without any battle, and there was no resistance.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

What you are arguing is incoherent logically. Allah meaning "The God" doesn't even make sense in a polythiestic preIslamic context. You have conceded the moon god was Muhammad's families patron deity so the word Allah in Muhammad's name and his ancestors name was a reference to their patron deity. The moon god

Sin was introduced to Medina through Nabonitus so it is highly probable he was worshiped as one and the same with Hubal.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

What you are arguing is incoherent logically. Allah meaning "The God" doesn't even make sense in a polythiestic preIslamic context. You have conceded the moon god was Muhammad's families patron deity so the word Allah in Muhammad's name and his ancestors name was a reference to their patron deity. The moon god

What I'm stating is cold hard fact, backed by history and etymology. What I'm stating is the entire premise of this thread, attempting to combat the flagrantly deceitful propagation of an idea (to such a point where it is not overboard to think a conspiracy may very well exist) that has no basis in reality. I mean, the concept is so alien to you, that you find it logically incoherent! I'm sorry you think it is so, perhaps you have presupposed the wrong things?

I'm sorry, but "the word Allah in Muhammad's name and his ancestors name was a reference to ... The moon god" does not logically follow from "the moon god was Muhammad's families patron deity".
It is akin to claiming that "Cooper" means "Farmer" (instead of barrel-maker), because (of the flawed logic that) there is a family where the family business is farming, and their family name is Cooper.

If you truly believe that Allah was not an individual entity in the pre-islamic pagan pantheon (in fact, the "head god" or "sky god"), separate from from Hubal, or Sin, or Wadd or whatever, then it is apparent you haven't really studied Islam, except perhaps through the coloured opinions of christians with a point to prove against Islam.

Or perhaps you are privy to some information that I am not? Again, if you are, I'd appreciate seeing it. I provided the PROOF that Allah is a separate entity from Hubal, or their moon god, EVEN TO THE QURAISH, yet you dismissed it as "Islamic revisionism". What can I say?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi

I'm sorry, but "the word Allah in Muhammad's name and his ancestors name was a reference to ... The moon god" does not logically follow from "the moon god was Muhammad's families patron deity".

Sure it does. The general consensus of most references is that allah was a generic term for god prior to Islam. Your references say as much. There is not a credible argument that it was a monotheist deity prior to Islam. There are good arguments that do connect the word allah to the moon god. I see no compelling reason to discard Morey's work.

But even if allah became the name of the "sky god" later it is logically incoherent. The members of the Quraish tribe would not append the name of the "sky god" to their own. They worshiped the moon god!

Before Muhammad was even born, in the case of Muhammad’s father: Abd-Allah and Uncle: Obied-Allah, the preislamic context of the word "allah" was representative of their tribes god who was the moon god - allah.

If you truly believe that Allah was not an individual entity in the pre-islamic pagan pantheon (in fact, the "head god" or "sky god"), separate from from Hubal, or Sin, or Wadd or whatever, then it is apparent you haven't really studied Islam, except perhaps through the coloured opinions of christians with a point to prove against Islam.

At least the goal posts have shifted down field, this is some improvement

So Allah is the "sky god" of pre islamic paganism. That is much closer to the truth than the standard canard that he's the God of Abraham. The one true God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob he clearly is not.

Hmmm, the moon is in the sky.

Or perhaps you are privy to some information that I am not? Again, if you are, I'd appreciate seeing it.

Yes I am. Jesus is Lord. Islam is an evil deception. Until you get that straight nothing else you believe much matters. Whether or not allah is the moon god or just the sky god, just isn't all that important either. No matter what the meaning allah is - allah is a false god and faith in him is folly.

The idea is not to embarrass Muslims, Jesus died for Musilms too, please repent. The idea here is to expose the deceptive spirit they are serving. The evil spirit allah, allah -sky god - or whatever you like - the one that has young men strapping bombs to their bodies for him, the allah that has planes flying into buildings, the allah that has educated men going on mass murder shooting sprees in Texas. That's the allah I am referring to.

I provided the PROOF that Allah is a separate entity from Hubal, or their moon god, EVEN TO THE QURAISH, yet you dismissed it as "Islamic revisionism". What can I say?

What poof? This?

First off, people like associating "Allah" with "Hubal" (who was the patron deity of the Quraish tribe). The problem with this is that they cannot possibly be the same, because Hubal and Allah are referred to separately here.

And the here is a link to the Hadith which is not pre Islamic. So the fact that Hubal and allah appear separately after Muhammad made up ( I mean memorized in cave) his new religion just doesn't provide evidence for the origins of Allah. Perhaps its because the moon god Sin is now allah and Hubal was demoted.

The Reply to Morey's research is dubious anyway. Honestly I don't have the time to put into it. My experience is that Islamic sources are not trustworthy. After all, they even deny that Jesus Christ died on the cross.

Another claim is that "Sin" is allah. Again, this seems highly unlikely, as Sin was a figure in Ancient Mesopotamian mythology (2600 to 2400 BC), and there is no contemporary reference to "Sin" in Muhammad's time.

Seems unlikely to you, but you also failed to see that Nabonitus - the Babylonian king that promoted Sin had an outpost in Medina for 10 years.

I really want to thank you because the connection from Babylonian Sin to Median Arabia is now more solidly supported. So Thanks!

No matter how many obfuscations Islamic apologists throw up, the symbol of Islam is what.... a crescent moon. From the highly probable connection to the Babylonian moon god Sin or Muhammad's patron moon god Hubal is of no real consequence - the worship of allah is undeniably represented by a moon. The same moon and star used for the moon god Sin. Where the moon symbol of Islam truly originated from, be it Turkey, Ur, Babylon or a cave in Medina, is ultimately irrelevant. If allah not a derivative of the moon gods that came before him... He just the new moon god.

After all, there is only one moon

[edit on 11/28/2009 by Bigwhammy]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Sure it does. The general consensus of most references is that allah was a generic term for god prior to Islam. Your references say as much. There is not a credible argument that it was a monotheist deity prior to Islam. You've only shown post Islamic evidence.

You're ignoring the quote you posted yourself now (where you didn't post the entire thing). The general consensus is that by Muhammad's time (BEFORE he introduced Islam to the Meccans), there was already ALLAH, distinct from Hubal and/or any other moon god.

But even if allah became the name of the "sky god" later it is logically incoherent. The members of the Quraish tribe would not append the name of the "sky god" to their own. They worshiped the moon god!

Once again, I'm sorry you cannot comprehend this on your own. I will try my best to explain this:
A Catholic might say "St. Jude is my favourite saint", and name their kids Jude and be generally praiseworthy of Jude. This doesn't mean they don't worship God, or think that Jude is more important than God
Or to pick a less religious example, most would agree that Impressionism wouldn't really exist in the form that it does today if it wasn't for artists like Delacroix. However, that doesn't mean that a person can't say "Pissarro is my favourite Impressionist painter".

So Allah is the "sky god" of pre islamic paganism. That is much closer to the truth than the standard canard that he's the God of Abraham. The one true God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob he clearly is not.

Hmmm, the moon is in the sky.

Oh dear. I fear there has been a breakdown in communication
When people speak of a "Sky God", they don't necessarily mean a god who is the god of the sky. It is a term used to denote the god in a polytheistic setup who rules over the other gods, or is the most powerful, etc. Perhaps the term "Head Deity" would be easier for you?

Yes I am. Jesus is Lord. Islam is an evil deception. Until you get that straight nothing else you believe much matters.

Ah!
So now we come to the core of the matter.
You don't accept the evidence, because of your own personal beliefs. If you had just explained this from the outset, things would have been much simpler.

I'm sorry that you think historical accuracy is irrelevant. I'm sorry that Islam troubles you in some way that you must do your best to demonise it to such an extent you cannot be objective.
You're rehashing old ground now, repeating the same points again, points that have already been refuted. I fear this conversation is going nowhere. It troubles me that people will accept what you say without question (because they don't know any better), even though very little of what you posted on this topic is based on real actual evidence (that hasn't been discredited in this thread). Anyhow, that is what this thread is here for! Deny Ignorance, Break free from the chains, We shall be free, woot woot and all that!

It seems you've already made up your mind from the outset that Allah was the moongod, and are unwilling to accept any evidence to the contrary.

Am I accurate in saying that you presuppose "Jesus is Lord, therefore Allah is false", and from that you pick up any information you find against Allah (where it would win out even if there is evidence for), and that lead you to the moon god theory?
Because if so, objectivity has been thrown out the window.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by babloyi]

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I am picking up this thread again, even though it is almost 2 years old, because unfortunately, and amazingly, people STILL seem to think this Moon-god nonsense is true.

To reiterate what has been said so far in this thread:

1. The Quran categorically condemns and prohibits moon worship, sun worship, man worship, and any sort of worship that is not worship of God.
  2. The Quran asserts that the message of Islam is the same as the original message of Christianity and Judaism, and that they all worship the same God.
  3. Etymologically, the proper name "Allah" is derived from the same root as El, Eli, Elah, and Alaha (which is the aramaic form spoken by Jesus)
  4. "Allah" existed as the head-god of the Arab Pre-Islamic Pagan pantheon, but was not the moon god.

The first two points are clearly outlined in the Quran, and the 2nd two are clearly outlined in archaeological and etymological research. It's not a "maybe" thing, it is a sure thing.

Anyhow, to add something new here, let me give you some interesting information about "Dr." Robert Morey, the originator of these absurd claims:

• He claims to have an Honorary (meaning he didn't attend) Doctor of Divinity in Islamic Studies from the Faith Theological Seminary located in Pakistan. The Faith Theological Seminary, however, denied ever issuing him such a degree.
  • He also claims to have a PhD in Islamic Studies from the Louisiana Baptist University. First off, LBU is an uncredited university, not recognised by the USDE or CHEA, that only offers distance learning, and has been exposed as a degree mill (you just pay some money, and they provide you with a degree).
  • More interestingly, LBU doesn't OFFER a PhD in Islamic Studies. When this was pointed out to Morey, he clarified that his degree was a PhD in Theology with emphasis in Islam (although even now, his website claims he has a PhD in Islamic Theology). However, LBU doesn't offer ANY courses involving Islam.
  • Morey also has a Doctor of Ministry in Apologetics from the Westminster Theological Seminary. Unsurprisingly, WTS doesn't offer a D.Min. in Apologetics.
  • He served as a pastor in the Faith Community Church in California, where he was accused of immoral and fraudulent behaviour (stealing funds and so forth), and was then finally kicked out of his denomination by the Fellowship of Independent Reformed Evangelicals.

And yet people still believe his absurd allegations about a subject he has no knowledge.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

people tell me i worship the "moon God" all the time and it has become a sheer comedy factor to me now that people feel they are in a position to tell me who i worship. it's a shame to be quite honest.

the traditional story of abraham is as follows:

he denied idols because he didn't want to worship manufactured objects, so he turned to the sun and said "this is my God", however when the sun set, he said "my Lord is not one who disappears". As the moon rose, he said "this is my God", and when the moon set, he again said "my Lord is not one who disappears". He then looked at the stars and said "these are my Gods", and when the sun rose, and the stars disappeared he said "my Lord is he who created the sun, the moon, and the stars."

muhammad, years later, was quoted numerous times saying he worships the "God of abraham". enough said. we worship the Lord who created all in existence, and the calendar by which our religious traditions happen, happens to be the lunar calendar.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

Good post.

The thing is, the Ishmael and his descendants were worshipping the same God as the Israelites... but over centuries, they fell into and idol worship. Not very different from the Israelites falling into idol worship.
However, the arrival of Islam, ended polytheism in Arabia... and reunited the Arabian people (semites) back into the religon of the Abrahamic peoples.

When christian fundamentalists try and portray Allah as a "moon god", it simply shows that they are desperate and looking for any reason to put Islam down. The fact that Islam condemns worship of the moon is of little consequence to them, because they have already reached the conclusion that caters to their views.

PS. - Yes,

Etymologically, the proper name "Allah" is derived from the same root as El, Eli, Elah, and Alaha (which is the aramaic form spoken by Jesus)

In fact, in Arabic bibles the word for God is Allah. I wonder if western christians would accuse Arab christians of worshipping the moon god whenever they read from the bible.
edit on 15-8-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This is pretty common knowledge but thank you for posting if for others to see. Check out the suras in the koran that talk about multiple creators and where the devil comes from. It fun reading

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Well, care to quote them for me? I mean, the suras which talk of multiple creators and all?

From what Ive read, the Koran makes it clear that Allah is THE creator of everything in existence.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

trolling much?

there is nothing in the qur'an about multiple creators. however there are multiple verses cursing polytheists.... good try though..

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

My guess is he is interpreting the royal plurals such as "for it is We Who create the vastness of space" and "We created every living thing out of the water.' etc. as being multiple creators.

If so, I suggest he read this wiki article on Majestic plurals.

en.wikipedia.org...-Western_usage

here are many verses in the Qur'an where Allah speaks using the Arabic pronoun nahnu (meaning "we") or its associated suffix. "We" created, "we" sent down, etc.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

awww, you poor ignorant folks, if you refuse to do your own research I will enlighten you:

Will ye cry unto Baal and forsake the Best of creators, ... ? -- Sura 37:125

Then fashioned We the drop a clot, then fashioned We the clot a little lump, then fashioned We the little lump bones, then clothed the bones with flesh, and then produced it as another creation. So blessed be Allah, the Best of creators! -- Sura 23:14

Of course these sura's seem to contradict Sura 39:62, Sura 40:62, Sura 6:102, and Sura 13:16 but what else is new?

Hey, maybe these suras are referring to the 360 idols stored inside the black cube at Mecca? Since Allah was just one of these 360 gods. (moooohammads favorite I guess).

Source
edit on 16-8-2011 by KJV1611 because: bold

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
-Islam categorically condemns and rejects moon-worship

I'll take "Where do you find the moon for 300 Alex".

The answer is, "you find this at the top of most mosque".
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/559527aa9f5d.jpg[/atsimg]

I know my good man, you'll question the above photography as a knock-off discount mosque. Just to be sure let's see what symbol is elevated to the highest position at the Great Mosque in Mecca.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e23e6133bc0b.jpg[/atsimg]

Just in case you can't see an image of the moon while you worship, they've now installed an even bigger moon symbol that you can't miss unless you're blind. Behold, the moon-clock as it towers over the city of Mecca. Sort of amusing the honor they give to the moon for not worshiping it at all.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/25dd331f1b7b.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a68a922a3096.jpg[/atsimg]

Bonus round. See if you can pick out which symbol represents Islam out of this line-up.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/158497f63983.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Captain Obvious

Ok....by that logic, we can safely conclude that the jews actually worship the star god then

and that the christians worship the god of torture instruments...

...or wait is it the fish god?

edit on 16-8-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I can say Atheist must also worship a large letter A which is bright red.
Makes you wonder! Makes you wonder.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Before you point out "contradictions" in the Koran, you might want to first demonstrate how your own faith is free of contradictions.

I dont even know where to begin... but let me start with the easy ones...
Tell me, .... did God call for sacrifices or not?

Im getting mixed messages from that book you have as your avtar

example :

Just one of many verses in the OT calling for sacrifices/burnt offerings....
If the offering is a burnt offering from the herd, he is to offer a male without defect. He must present it at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting so that it will be acceptable to the LORD.
-Leviticus 1:3

....and just one of many verses in the same OT which show that God never asked for such sacrifices...

For I spoke NOT unto your fathers, nor commanded them on the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt-offerings or sacrifices;
-Jeremiah 7:22

Now, which is it?
Did God want them or not? Why is God saying He never commanded anyone concerning sacrifices? When there are several verses that lay down specific rules concerning animal sacrifice.

Can you please sort this out for us?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join