It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Footprints In My Yard

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
No offense but that doesn't look like fresh powder. And with the temp in Minnesota in the winter a rabbit or squirell couldn't make those tracks. It's a whitetail deer. A young one but a whitetail deer. As an avid hunter who has tracked these animals in the snow, I know what a deer track looks like. And I also know what kind of weight it would take to make a track of that depth in the Minnesota winter snow.

o% chance of a creature under 40 lbs making that track. It's a deer. Enjoy.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I am not taking sides...

By looking at the pic...the house and the closeness of the prints, I am going to say rabit still....

If it was a deer, and they regualarly get that close you would be accustomed to seeing them, and this would not be bothering you.

Idea...I am sure that one of your frinds or neighbors owns a have a heart trap...bet you catch a rabbit.

Myself I would put out a bunch....a bag of packaged sallad or the likes and see how many came, as far as ppl saying it cant be rabbit tracks....rabbits don't really leave foot prints...they leave body prints, and I can see where the hind leg joints left the immpression or streaks in the snow upon landing and jumping...
But hey it could be anything......it could be Batsquatch...

heres a good link to figure it out...you got read some though..
mdc.mo.gov...

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Doc Holiday]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Thank you all for taking the time to reply and post photos and links. That is very kind of you. I'd love to settle this once and for all!!! It would be great if I could say that it's a deer. And I've always known that it's not a rabbit. Because if that was a rabbit in my yard...I'm moving somewhere far, far away from Minnesota. I haven't been in the Midwest very long so maybe there are critters here that I've never heard of.

Btw, I don't live at that house any longer, haven't for a few years. So I can't set any traps...unless I sneak over there in the middle of the night.

And no the snow was not fresh, the tracks were fresh when I took the photos, but the snow was stiff.

But can someone pleeeeeeeeease explain to to me how the snow prints are in single file in a nearly perfect straight line? How does a dear, with four hooves, walk like that? Wouldn't the animal fall over? lol

And I am not saying that the tracks don't 'look' like deer tracks, because they do look like deer tracks.

And what about the sharp claw marks in the print that's halfway on the sidewalk? Well anyway they look sharp to me. Deer don't have claws, at least not where I come from.

A "batsquatch"?!! LOL That's a good one. Cute.
There had better not be any of those at least two states from here in all directions.

Toni

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Antoniastar]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Snowshoe Jackrabbit will leave an inordianately large footprint versus bodhy mass. I agree the OP needs to get out and explore...the footprints seem to leat to a plant (possibly a green leaf even in winter) might want to try different food to see what the critter takes (nuts versus carrots). I'm apposed to trapping animals that you dont need to eat.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jbmitch

Thank you, but if I tried to feed this monster I would think he'd eat meat, like maybe deer meat or bear meat or maybe human meat.

Toni

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Antoniastar

Well that would be some BIG rabbit.

How big? THIS big?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Nope much bigger. Try about 4 tons and 14 ft. tall. That's what I've been tryin to say. It can't be a rabbit!

Now here's something you might not have thought of. I know I didn't until a few months ago (or so). In the photos that I posted, with only one foot (and one side of the body) visible, the other would be invisible. Plus the snow prints are obscured with a foot piece.

If not for the foot piece it would be obvious what the prints are... to the general population, as in all of Minnesota and the rest of the world. LOL

This way there's no evidence. The only thing left are the photos that I posted (that came from my cell phone) and the snow has long since melted.

Just like the foggy winter night that something like a car dropped onto the roof of a house I was staying in. I happened to be on the top floor when it happened. Whatever it was didn't stick around for long though.
Again, no evidence left behind. I'm used to strange stuff happening.

Thanks for stopping by!

Starblossom

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
My latest hypothesis on these snow prints, and the one that makes the most sense to me, is that the creature was in two dimensions at one time.

That would explain the single file of the prints.

It took like 3 years before the idea came to me.

And, as far as size goes, what about a 4-ton, 14 ft. dragon alien?

Oh-oh, if I'm not careful my thread will get thrown into the hoax bin.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Antoniastar

Well that would be some BIG rabbit.

How big? THIS big?

Twenty-five or so pound Flemish Giant. Def., not big as a car, as the op says the track's animal would be, but is the the biggest rabbit breed(and this line, German giant tops 22 pounds).

I still say the tracks appear to me as a rabbit or jackrabbit or hare, with the tracks being distorted... If rabbit may have been of a larger breed, possibly someone's pet who got away.
Some northern areas-such as yours-have three native lagomorphs: one rabbit species (eastern cottontail...which is small) and two hare species (snowshoe hare & white-tailed jackrabbit). It'd more likely be the hare, as opposed to a rabbit. Flemish Giants are used for meat and show purposes, so I doubt that'd be a local pet turned/escaped to the outdoors.
They are active at night, so observe then or even leave a carrot or two around, or a bowl of rabbit pellets see if they get munched on. Old thread, but yeah worth checking if the animal or being in question still lurks.

edit on 13-4-2011 by dreamingawake because: added a line.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

dreamingawake,

Hi, thank you for your interest in this thread and for your wise contribution.

I admit, I have not researched the types of animals for my location. I know basically what's in my area, but that's it.

And I can see why you, and others, would naturally say it's a rabbit, it's a hare, it's a deer, etc. Def, I would probably be right there with you guys if I didn't know what I know. I can't expect others to know what I know so, of course, it does not surprise me that I'm getting these "normal" answers.

Too bad I didn't get casts of the prints. And the least I could've done was to measure them. But, you see, I had no intention of sharing my findings (the photos that I snapped with my cell phone, the ones that are posted in the OP), so I saw no need to attempt further evidence.

Why did I later decide to bring this before yours and other's attention? Probably cuz I knew that I had something that no one has, something that's not been posted before. The prints, in my opinion, belong to an original creature. How do I know? It's a very very long story and involves so many details and aspects it would take nothing less than an epic novel to tell it.

Yes, the burden of proof lies with me. I understand. I don't have proof. It's that's simple. And I have a feeling that it's meant to be that way.

Peace Out,

Toni

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Antoniastar

Hi StarBlossom,

I never saw their footprints in the snow, and I only saw a single specimen walk. It was between 8 and 9-feet tall, so I cannot attest to one as tall as 14 feet. The creature I witnessed wore clothing and canoe-size shoes, which definitely won't leave footprints that show an outline of foot morphology. But if barefoot, such prints might be plausible as a match for a Draco Reptilian. The beast is said to dislike cold temperatures and prefers to dwell in temperate inner earth grottoes, so one would probably make brief forays into frigid environments in a rush to find fresh flesh? However, the paces are not spaced apart very far, meaning a leisurely stroll, despite such extreme cold. Did other events surround the appearance of these prints, and can you tell us more of the sounds from the roof, describing them and the context in which they took place? I can well understand how you'd want to get out of that house !

Cheers,

Getsmart

posted on Dec, 18 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Antoniastar
Thank you very much for your thoughts. Aww but what if the prints where intentioonally made to look like rabbit or squirrel prints as a playful prank?

I don't think anyone playing a prank would use rabbit or squirrel tracks.

Something like Bigfoot would be a better idea.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
After all this time I came up with a kool theory about the snow prints that I found in my front yard one day on the way home from work. My imagination is getting lots of exercise these days thinking about writing my first sci-fi novel.

When I was a child I used to play dinosaur with my hand. In other words, I'd contort my hand into a dinosaur shape and walk my fingers across a surface or in water. My middle finger was the neck and head and my three fingers and thumb, the legs while my arm was the tail.

This is the dinosaur I was making with my hand...

Sauropoda

What if the footprints were wolf prints and the wolf doesn't want to be found out (except to send a personal message)? Of course a regular wolf wouldn't have the intelligent capacity to curl the paws inward and hold up the middle toe, but a werewolf (half wolf, half man) might.

The single file of the prints always stumped me. Who or what walks in a perfectly straight line like the pattern in the OP photos? What if only one side of the creature were visible to the naked eye? It would then explain the stride pattern. Why hide one half of the wolf?

Easy, if it's a secret message then part of the message might include a cloaking feature or some other advanced means to stay invisible. Furthermore, snow melts and along with the melting snow went the prints with it. No sign, no proof, no mysterious creature. Right?

Ahhh BUT another interesting twist to this story is that I've heard how these prints would sound as if they were right above my head, on the top floor of a big empty house I lived in... alone. The very same house where I discovered the footprints. The heavy creaking of the floor told me that whatever was upstairs was extremely large. Upon investigation from I and two strangers (that happened to be jogging down the street at 11 p.m.) found nothing, no one, and all of the windows locked from the inside.

That night the hair on every part of my body shot straight up like tiny knives in defense and it took all I had to walk out of the house on wobbly knees to get help (after slamming the door thinking that making noise might scare it off lol right).

Since then I've heard very heavy walking around on my roof in the last couple of months 3 different times where I live now and it doesn't bother me in the slightest ... except I get a little worried that the roof might break or cave in from the weight of my wolf friends. I talk to them telepathically and ask them to please be careful. lol

One time, while living with an elderly couple, something enormous landed on the roof. It sounded like someone dropped a car on the roof. It was a few days before Christmas. I thought it was Santa Claus but now I know better. The claws are a different kind.

Fun stuff! Does anyone have any werewolf stories to share?

anTONIaSTAR

edit on AM123120131227am2231am by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)

edit on AM123120131230am3631am by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Getsmart

Antoniastar

Hi StarBlossom,

I never saw their footprints in the snow, and I only saw a single specimen walk. It was between 8 and 9-feet tall, so I cannot attest to one as tall as 14 feet. The creature I witnessed wore clothing and canoe-size shoes, which definitely won't leave footprints that show an outline of foot morphology. But if barefoot, such prints might be plausible as a match for a Draco Reptilian. The beast is said to dislike cold temperatures and prefers to dwell in temperate inner earth grottoes, so one would probably make brief forays into frigid environments in a rush to find fresh flesh? However, the paces are not spaced apart very far, meaning a leisurely stroll, despite such extreme cold. Did other events surround the appearance of these prints, and can you tell us more of the sounds from the roof, describing them and the context in which they took place? I can well understand how you'd want to get out of that house !

Cheers,

Getsmart

Hi GS!

OMG I didn't even realize that you posted in this old thread until after I posted my latest reply. Are we on the same wave-length or what? I am honored that you would think to write anything in one of my threads Sir.

Most fascinating tale of your Reptilian sighting. No matter how many times I read it, it's like the first time every time.
Plus there are new details this time I don't recall in your other descriptions of your sighting.

Now I don't think that the prints are from anything reptile at all but a wolf instead, a lot like the Reptiloid or Draco Reptilian you witnessed walking toward you and only you saw it (not a coincidence I assure you). These creatures are intentionally remaining hidden from the public eye. I do think they come out to hunt but mostly in high places far far away from metropolitan places.

As I see it, the Draco warrior lizards and the werewolves have a lot in common: they're both giant creatures, they're both bi-pedal and upright, they're both cryptic, they both have body types that can wear clothes comfortably (when tailored for them - like the clothing that you described that Drac was wearing when you came within rocks throwing distance from the beasty), they both have tails and sharp teeth, both live in lairs and so on.

The 14-foot thing was just supposition. I was thinking of a dragon when I said that. I will venture to guess that the werewolf is probably around the same height and weight as the Reptilian.

Coincidence? A fair and worthy match/opponent... what if werewolves and lizards with advanced technology were at war with each other? Who do you think would win (the prize being the planet)?

Yes I know you understand why I would want to get out of the house .... they are very intimidating.

You saw that lizard creature for good reason and I see what I see and hear for good reason.

Best Holiday Wishes to you!

Star Blossom, I like that

P.S. If I hear anything snarl I'll let you know. LOL
edit on AM123120131232am5831am by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)

edit on AM123120131236am4131am by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

NuclearPaul

Antoniastar
Thank you very much for your thoughts. Aww but what if the prints where intentioonally made to look like rabbit or squirrel prints as a playful prank?

I don't think anyone playing a prank would use rabbit or squirrel tracks.

Something like Bigfoot would be a better idea.

Holiday Greetings NP!

Excellent point you make!

Here's the thing. I've asked myself, "How can these footprints be made by a hoaxster?" The only thing I've come up with so far is the use of a pogo stick with some sort of shoe on it. It cannot be discounted. The problem I have with that is that the person on the stick would have to be jumping very high to avoid dragging an undesirable design over the snow. The precision required to pull off such a hoax would most likely take a professional acrobat or someone very strong, agile and experienced.

How can one jump perfectly on a stick to make those patterns time and time again? And what about the claw-like marks?

I don't think it was Big Foot but yes, they are big feet. The reason why I don't think that a Sasquash or Yeti made those prints is for the simple fact that the "Abominable Snow Monster" doesn't have claws to make the pointed claw marks that clearly are shown in the photos that I took.

In retrospect, my biggest regret is that I didn't measure the prints. I could have taken better photos as well. To be perfectly honest, I thought the prints were made by a prankster at the time I took the photos.

Thank you for your insightful participation,

Toni

edit on AM123120131209am2431am by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Getsmart

Hi again Getsmart!

Here's a picture of "Worgen" from World of Warcraft, an x-box video game.

I cannot find any pictures anywhere close to the Draco Reptilian that you witnessed. I'd love to try to sketch it from the description that you provided.
Would you say that the Draco you saw was around the size and height of the image of the werewolf in the image above?

And do you consider Draco a "Reptilian Humanoid"?

Wishing you a holly jolly Christmas and a happy New Year!

Crypto-Hunter, Toni

P.S. Makes ya think about what's under our feet huh? lol
edit on AM123120131204am1531am by Antoniastar because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join