It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone else been born "awake"?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueTruth

It is so true, the statement "ignorance is bliss"....but once you open pandora's box, you can never go back.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I too, was awake from the earliest recollections. I drove my mother, father, grand parents crazy with question after question...much of it having to do with family history, and then about God. I was initially raised as a Methodist, then a Presbyterian. I hated it! So I questioned the ministers, and pastor to death.
Finally at the age of 16, I was told my our family pastor, that my soul was too full of questions, and couldn't be happy with the explanations offered by the church. He said, I'd be happier discovering what it was I was looking for, else where. ( he was sort of disgusted with me anyway...after I told him he was full of crap once) My mother is still a member there today. That pastor retired, and has since died.

I am a Theosophist today. The questions still keep coming, and the answers can only be found within...

You will never hear your own inner divinity while sitting in a pew listening to some Grand Poo-Bah's panjandrum...

It may work for some, but it never did for me. I chose a different path.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spinotoror
Who of you are religious?

I'm NOT religious I am spiritual, if that makes sense, I know what I mean.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwitina948

Originally posted by Spinotoror
Who of you are religious?

I'm NOT religious I am spiritual, if that makes sense, I know what I mean.

Same here. I am for spirituality, and loving my neighbors, but definatly NOT about religion at ALL.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by zosomike

hi Zosomike, I would say that when it is the correct time-space-sequence for your mission to be realized in the physical, it will happen and it will come naturally to you without much effort on your part. Your Heart/ Soul and higher conscious and Universe will lead you to where you need to be at the exact right time and place to do what you came here to do.

I know within my own soul, when I am 42 years and 43 years old I will be facing a challenge and also at the same time achieving something significant within my own reality which involves my mission here on this planet, which has always been fundamentally to be of service to humanity and help whomever I can.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I feel that we all were "Born Awake", in the form of pure innocence. The world has not corrupted our spirit yet and we see the world through a pure sense of itself. Once we start our journey, the world begins to chip away that purity and we become clouded.
I have always questioned everything....raise as a Roman Catholic, my father is a Catholic Deacon, the religion was being pounded into me. But, I always questioned and always believed that something was wrong/not right. I remember even trying to believe, but I couldn't.
Now, this brings me to a question for all of you....a question that I have never asked....it's about what I used to do as a child, while laying in bed thinking about life, religion and all.....I closed my eyes, brought the pillow around my ears and held my breath.....all the time thinking what was it like before I was born? And what will it be like when I die? My little experiment never brought out any answers, only silence, darkness and a headache. Anyone share in these types of experiences?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoptics

I do that on the shower, with water instead of a pillow. It relaxes me a lot, and it lets me to think more comfortable. It gives me something. I don't know what it is, but I know I get something new. Maybe a knowledge, maybe I can't identify it. When I get out, it's like I born again. Everything seems different, new..

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Spinotoror]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimIrie
yes would say i was born awake!

Well it´s really complicated to describe, but in the state i am now, i know it must be like this.
Since i remember and i also remember the early days i was aware of myself and knew what i had to do in uncountable situations.
I´m a very quick learner. i speak every major language. I am really spiritual since i m here in this body. I have trained my senses to extremes and have psi abilities. During my backpack-world-travel i became one with the nature and my higher self. I can heal and since the childhood i use insinctively the laws of attraction.
I know i am a very very old soul on my way out of the karma cycle into a higher sphere.
yeah, i´m awake...

Careful your head doesn't go "pop"

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Spinotoror

Glad to hear that.....I never felt much enlightenment doing this as a child. I did try it later on in life, oh about 5 years ago....the funny thing was, I was scared to do it at first? I don't know why, but I was.....after doing it, I found that it was relaxing....I now exercise this in a different way. When I need a break or I am stressed I close my eyes and instead of holding my breath, I breath deeply and think of these same questions....by the way, I still have no answers, but it is relaxing!
I will add this....the emptiness of the entire thing is what caused my fear, fear that it is all just an empty void.....in my heart I know we have more, but my mind seems to get in the way.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoptics

Same here, I don't get any answers. I get always to the same question. Why have we born to suffer?

I do not hold my breath, I let the water to cover my ears, and I start to breath. You'll hear yourself breathing, you'll hear your heart too, and you'll feel just like when you were happy, inside your mother.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Spinotoror]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Circle

hehehe

There sure is a lot of inflated ego on this page. Always a dangerous thing.

There's no such thing as 'awake', IMO. There's just, learning to think for yourself and learning to expand your field of attention...

We're still just dumb animals groping mainly in the dark, methinks. And realizing our limitations is the foundation of true wisdom.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkStar86

Ever since I can remember I've been "the odd duck". Family raised Roman Catholic - went to a Catholic School, and that was not fun, I questioned everything like how can God be a "loving father" and send anyone to the firey pits of hell? Sister Theresa Mary smacked me with a ruler for that one.

I have always known 1) The speed of light is not the fastest speed, 2) There are many dimensions and universes and 3) I have lived before, this isn't my first time around.

Most of the other kids and now adults just seem to me to blindly accept what they see with their eyes and refuse to wake up.

When I was younger I use to dream and than stuff I said I dreamed happened. That creeped my sister and her husband out so they called a priest to "bless me". I stopped talking about what I dream, learned to keep my mouth shut and pretend to be just another pod person.

Some people, most people don't really want to wake up, they are born asleep, remain asleep and die asleep.

That is why ATS is so important, it is a place that brings the few of us that can think for ourselves and are not asleep together in a safe anonomous way - at least everyone on ATS is questioning stuff.

Good thread, starred and flagged.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Circle

Careful your head doesn't go "pop"

Originally posted by TrueTruth
reply to post by Circle

hehehe

There's no such thing as 'awake', IMO. There's just, learning to think for yourself and learning to expand your field of attention...

We're still just dumb animals groping mainly in the dark, methinks. And realizing our limitations is the foundation of true wisdom.

Why do people allways think of "self aware" as an inflated ego???? This person is just being honest.....they shouldn't have to dumb it down for fear of ruffling other peoples insecurities....

I think it is the ego that makes others formulate passive agressive statements againsts others.

If someone has a high IQ, or is strong, or beautiful, or whatever, they shouldn't have to deny it or hide it, for fear of passive aggressive statements.

Most of the time, people accusing others of having a big ego, are actually making the very accusation from their OWN ego.....the irony....

[edit on 27-11-2009 by mellisamouse]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

reply to post by Circle

hehehe

I believe you are speaking for your own experiences, and on behalf of yourself only. If you conclude that there are just a lot of inflated ego's on this page then I would strongly suggest you don't read any further posts on this thread. When a person is exposing their innermost secrets they are revealing experiences which they have probably kept quiet about for years in fear of 'non-believers' shooting them down in flames for being so honest, which happens all the time. Its an ego-game played by non-believers because they can't see past their 5 senses way of experiencing the world, so because they can not have or feel the deep sense of connection to the universe, they poo-hoo anyone who claims to have what they themselves do not.

I beleive being 'awake' relates to seeing behind the curtain, reading between the lines and searching for the truth of the matter, rather than just blindly accepting what is fed to them by the system. Good luck with your spiritual evolution.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwitina948

Who said I'm not a 'believer'? I've been very blessed with wonderful spiritual experiences in my life. I've seen things that are straight out of a sci-fi movie, been humbled to tears by light and love and visits from the other side. I'm recieved miraculous healing of my pain, and now dedicated my life to healing others. My entire life is centered around being true to my spirit, and trying to spread the gifts I was given.

And that's the key - they were given. There's nothing special about me.

You don't know anything about me, so don't presume to judge. Do 'awake' people always presume to know so much about other people? Or are you proving my point with this sermon from your special pedestal?

I just happen to think it's arrogant to label yourself as somehow special and apart from other human beings, when everything I've learned through spirit tells me the exact opposite.

It smacks of boasting motivated by insecurity - a form of downward social comparison. I think it stinks. Believe it or not, it can hurt other people's feelings. You may not know that, but I've been in this game long enough to see it.

If you don't like what I have to say, don't talk to me.

K?

bye.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by TrueTruth]

[edit on 27-11-2009 by TrueTruth]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueTruth

It's not ego. Sharing your experiences to people who maybe can understand you is communication. Are we here to say we are better than others cause we are different? I don't think so. We are here to talk with people that it's on your same situation.

It seems that we can't even do that.

[edit on 28-11-2009 by Spinotoror]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Spinotoror

I love sharing experiences with people. I've had many that have shaken my life in ways that I can hardly explain. I've seen all manner of strange thing.

But I don't consider myself 'awake'. If anything, all those encounters have left me more confused than ever. Just by showing me a glimpse of other possibilities, the universe has rendered me profoundly humble. Whatever it is we think we know about the nature of things, is sure to be radically deficient. The only thing I know that I know now, is how insufficient my every theory is to ever explain 'the truth'.

As I said before. I'm not awake. I'm just aware that we're all asleep. Ever had a dream in which you know you are dreaming? Doesn't mean you are at that time awake, right? Same thing, basically.

I'm not going to call out individuals, but ya, there's ego floating around. It's a natural part of life, I think. Perhaps a response to feeling different involves telling yourself you're special. I don't know. But I spent enough time around that kind of talk, in various spiritual groups and centers, that it started to be kind of funny to me. I don't do groups any more. Too much silliness.

I apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings, but in my world, my best friends give my ego no quarter, and I like it that way. We're there for each other, and we keep each other's heads in check. It's good.

Guess not everyone feels the same.

Oh well.

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

reply to post by Circle

hehehe

Or is it all just a search for a common ground or a familiar resonance?

Nearly all the replies here dont appear to be egotistical, more so about universal unity, respect and unconditional love.

Have the best day

themuse

[edit on 28/11/2009 by themuse]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by themuse

Perhaps you're right, muse.

I imagine we do all want the same thing here.

I'm just gonna bow out of this thread. I'm getting entrenched and defensive now, when originally, I only meant to tease a little. But I guess not everyone likes that kind of thing.

Perhaps I have imagined the aspect of people setting themselves as above, due to my habit of imagining myself to be below. My own personal demon.
I admit I could be wrong.

No more pooping on the parade. I'll leave you guys be.

peace

[edit on 28-11-2009 by TrueTruth]

posted on Nov, 28 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Just about everyone stated ''I was'' this or ''I am'' that. That is all ego based talk. When you aware you are nothing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join