It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Writer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Hi, new member here. Wondering what the political climate is here. Because I don't really subscribe to teabagger-style birtherism and the like. Think people who hold up pictures of the Holocaust to protest health care are off-base (to put it mildly). Think Glenn Beck gives a bad name to conspiracy theorists because there is merit to some conspiracy theory, but he is by and large a propagandist.

Frankly, I think the same thing about Alex Jones and David Icke - they make a living out of telling you what to fear, so they're always looking for something new.

So maybe I'm not a conspiracy purist, but I am deeply interested in UFOs, humanity's future, some political conspiracy, I just may distrust some conspiracy theories as much as I distrust mainstream ideology. Wondering how that perspective will be met here (without checking out every other forum).

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Hi! Welcome. I must admit you lost me at "teabagger". That's some sort of homosexual reference about some sort of act between two or more people? I just don't get your post. What can I say?
Have fun here with an introduction like that.

Welcome, theamericanbook!

P.S. What is a conspiracy purist?

Sorry, you caught me with a couple of shots of Jim Beam in me, and, well, this could get fun, maybe not, but I see the potential, since there are a myriad of ideas and individuals at ATS.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Conspiracy purists are people who believe in anything unquestioningly. Like Obama's really a lizard and the show "V" is a disinformation plot made by the Illuminati. Are there people who will call out bull# here, because I think it could be more constructive.

I'm a believer in a hell of a lot of fringe ideas - UFOs, building 7 makes no sense at all, etc. - but there are places where I draw the line.

By the way, what are "flags."

Another by the way, I've written a novel that incorporates many conspiracy ideas linked in my signature.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by theamericanbook

Thanks for answering my question concerning what a purist is.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by theamericanbook

Thanks for answering my question concerning what a purist is.

Edit because I must have been teabagging and hit the wrong key and posted before I was finished typing.

Above each Original Post (OP), is a red flag. If you want the post you are reading to have more hits and climb to the top of the lists of posts and get more notice, then click on the red flag. Also, I think flagging a post gives the OP, in this case, the original poster, more membership points. I know little about the point system because it really doesn't matter to me, except I do get a notice from time to time that I have had points deducted for infractions of rules. Oh, well. The Good Lord giveth and the Good Lord taketh away.

Have fun here, my friend. And, of course, learn while doing so. Isn't that what it's all about? Dunno for sure. Just guessing.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by kyred]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Let me add, since you haven't reached 20 posts, yet, and so I can't u2u you, I think. Hey, rules? I only learn about them once I've broken them. Anyway, I will check out your book.

top topics

join