It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My "Bigfoot"Experience

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by l0rds0fcha0s

Thats the mystical thing about bigfoot, I work for a guiding outfit, so I spend weeks up in the mountains, riding in on horseback to the most remote locations just so millionaire can shoot a $40,000 sheep. Out of all the times ive been up in these locations ive never seen anything out of the ordinary. Some hunters have asked about it and one made a good point, out of the couple hundred thousand hunters roaming the woods of north america usually all carrying guns, you would expect at least one of these hunters to have spotted and shot bigfoot.... Ive only heard/smelt bigfoot around my house which is in the country..

Now if you go to mountain rangers they will have some stories for you, they are not armed, just doing there job (assessing, cleaning, fixing.. the forest) and they have had a encounter with him of the sort.

I know its far out, my conclusion is... multidimensional...... no way of proving it... but one minute hes there, next hes not...

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
My guess is they would be migratory to some extent or at least have a big range.

Being very large creatures they would likely need a large food supply year round. It would make sense for them to move around around as they forage for food. Leaving one area as the food supply goes down. As others have mentioned climate, encounters with people etc could also effect their movement patterns.

Not to mention the search for a mate. If they exist they are certainly rare. So when a the time that young bigfoot's fancy turns to love he (or she) may have to travel to find a mate.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by l0rds0fcha0s

The legend of the Sasquatch is hundreds if not thousands of years old. Indeed, all NA Indian legends and mythological icons predate the religious icons of Europe by thousands of years. Many indigenous tribes of western plains and pacific coastal tribes know the Sasquatch to be a real entity that can come either when you are asleep (in dreams) or when you are awake and has physical and spiritual elements.

Some tribes said that he could disguise himself as an another animal, a rock or a tree. Other tribes considered Sasquatch as half manitou(god) and half wolf that walked at night on two feet and beat the trees to obtain food from the people after the fall harvest. They were compelled to feed them in order to sleep at night.

I'm just saying.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by capgirl
I want to share my experience and have you guys give me ideas on why this occured.

So, I live in the country. I've pretty much lived in this house all my life. I've never seen anything weird. I know the wild life around here. I know when there is a deer in the woods, or a small animal. I can just tell by the way they walk. There are alot of Cyotes. But in the passed couple of months some strange things have been happening.

In the beginning of October of this year, my sister and I (She lives right next too me in the same yard) were coming home from a friends. We got out of the car and heard strange knocking noises in the woods. After a few minutes we heard grunting and coughing. Very strange. The coughing ws very low, no human could re-create the noise. I went home a bit disturbed by hearing such noises. Well a couple of nights later I decided to walk over to my sisters house. My porch light ws on and so was hers, which lights the road up a little bit. I started walking across the yard when suddenly I saw a tall black HUGE figure down on the road. I know it wasn't my shadow becuase it was shaped differently. It started to move forward and run. I ran too LOL. I got to the beginning of my sisters driveway and the thing was already at the end of the driveway. it looked up at me, its eyes were glowing. Had to be six feet six inches to say the least, because it looked like it was slumped over. When it ran it sounded like bare feet hitting concrete. I was a bit disturbed. Over the passed few weeks after this experience, I would hear would knocking, grunts and growls. I had a rock thrown at me too. It was a small rock, and it was dark so I couldn't find it. I decided to be brave and sit out one night. I grabbed a peice of chopped wood, and hit it against a tree. Guess what happened? It responded back. I did this for a couple of weeks, then it suddenly stopped.

Never has bigfoot been spotted here. I did research to see. Alot of sightings around the counties I live in but not here. I heard they can migrate..can they? Was this a Bigfoot? I think it was. Also, I haven't heard any cyotes AT ALL, which is very strange to say the least. Maybe they migrate? Maybe somoene could clear this up for me

Pics or proof it happened?I doubt it happened.I could come up with bigfoot stories all day long

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by indy0725

In the world of photoshop, and other assorted ways of fudging and faking pictures wouldn't prove a thing. Too blurry, or too clear, or too something... which is exactly how someone would respond if the OP had some pictures. How abouts we take the OP at their word?

You've no reason to believe the story is anything less than the truth.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Wow, thank you all for commenting and leaving advice I appreciate it! WEll here in Ohio there is know Elk, just deer. Since so many people want to know, I live in Fairfield Township.

I told my dad about all this. He just thinks its Satan trying to mislead me away from God. I laughed at that (not that i DONT believe in God)

I am actually getting curious and want to start tracking Bigfoots. You know, like start a team and just go out like other bigfoot hunters.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by scorps

Yes. At first I thought it was the sewage. I mean, our sewage is underground, but sometimes you can just smell it. Then I started to think, maybe it wasn't the sewage, because I would smell it at night and no other time. It smelled like somebody puked, ate it back up, then crapped it out. Yes that bad. Rotten eggs, mixed with the smell of dog and other stuff I can't even think of.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I live in Fairfield Township. And actually, I hope I encounter it again

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Oh very interesting!! Well like I said it is totally gone. The cyotes came back. And the deer are in the yard now. Maybe it will come back.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by indy0725

Aww I am sorry you can't believe me. Doesn't bother me any
. Have a good day

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by capgirl

A bit of advice?

Native Americans have always described Sasquatch as dangerous. Not evil, just very dangerous... Given that the creature exhibits a large amount of intelligence, and comes in a large economy size package, a certain amount of caution is called for...

...other than that though. Enjoy your hunt.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Cool story, but why won't you tell us at the very least what county you live in? I mean, if you're so worried about privacy then get the hell off the internet, because anyone with 10 hours worth of knowledge on how to track IPs can find out exactly where you live, down to your very mailbox.

I live in Berryville, Clarke County which is in the state Virginia

See? I'm not scared, and neither should you be. Just a pet peeve is all... someone being paranoid of their privacy on the INTERNET of all things... *shakes head and posts message*

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This reminds me of an experiance I had while camping in western montana. My Girl had to go do some "business" came back screaming/Crying/scared to death saying she saw Bigfoot. So I went to the Truck and grabbed my rifle, locked her in the truck with the keys and went to have a look. Turns out it was a brown bear. My guess is the bear was standing up to get a better look around and since it was dark she thought it was Big Foot.
Fired acouple shots in his direction (Not at the bear) and he decided to leave. I wish you guys could have seen the look on her face when i came back joking that I shot a BigFoot. Priceless.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by CowboyDrifter] I cant Spell

[edit on 20-11-2009 by CowboyDrifter]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Good reference.

I contacted the guys from BFRO and gave them my account on an experience in WV I had a few years back. No bull, this was scary.
It was from Wetzel County, WV if anyone wants to read it. No visual, all sonic. Definitely opened my eyes. Scared the %@#$ out of my dog, and everyone with me.

reply to post by capgirl

Maybe you did see a bear. Maybe not. Im from Eastern Ohio also (near the WV border), and we have a black bear running around somewhere. He's probably only 250-300 pounds, but standing might be around 6'0-6'6.
I don't think he can run on two feet though. Maybe just stand and look.

I am open minded when it comes to Bigfoot, only because I had a very similar experience. I am not denying, or confirming, this beasts' existence.
Just be careful. Alot of nay-sayers here. Only-believe-it-when-I-see-it types.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by havok]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I have what I consider a bigfoot experience. I currently live in Columbus OH but grew up in Deleware Ohio. We used to always go to Hogback Rd in Delaware and dive off the cliffs into Alum Creek. We had always heard crazy stories about Hogback Rd; mainly of a man that that was half man, half hog and terrorized people on the road. There was also a house on the road that supposedly a family was killed in (all by the father if I remember right the story right). I never really believed any of this, but it was fun to tell the stories. Well one night me and a friend decided we were going to take our girlfriends to the cliff and tell the stories to try to get them scared. As we were sitting there, my buddy was explaining to the girls that you could always tell when something was in the woods because the crickets and insects would be quiet. My girfriend (now my wife) made the observation that there were crickets making noise on the other side of the river, but not on the side were were on. We told her that it was because we were there, but she was still uneasy and wanted to leave. To get back to the car, we had to walk a path through a short section of woods to get to the parking lot. We didnt have flashlights, only candles which only light an area around you as your walking. As we were walking back, we all of a sudden heard something heavy walking on two feet off to our right in the woods. I say something heavy because it was a loud crunching noise as it stepped. My buddy was in front of us leading the way and suddenly stopped when he heard it and said "Whoa! Did you guys hear that?" Well when we stopped walking, so did whatever was in the woods. We all agreed we heard it too and got pretty scared ourselves. We started running towards the car and as we did, we heard it start running too, and coming at us. We all made it to the car, got in and locked the doors. I started the car, and as I was backing out, our head lights swang over to shine on the woods, and standing at the edge about 2 feet in was a very dark figure, at least 7 or 8 foot tall and very broad shouldered and you could see eyes glowing - you could definatly see the outline of it. The girls were screaming for me to go, but I wouldn't leave untill everyone said they saw what I was seeing. Once the confirmed it, we took off. I have no idea what it was but I do know it was huge and on 2 feet. My wife still refuses to go back there to this day!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ByTor420

Great read. Interesting that you are from Ohio, also. One would assume all experiences would be in the northwestern USA.

Either there are unexplained creatures among us, or we just haven't found all the mammals in the world.

Edited to add that BYTor420 should write to BFRO and send a report. If yuo haven't already.

[edit on 20-11-2009 by havok]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by capgirl
when suddenly I saw a tall black HUGE figure down on the road. I know it wasn't my shadow becuase it was shaped differently. It started to move forward and run. I ran too LOL. I got to the

Haha wow If i were you I would have ran in the house and grabbed the shotgun

Also, I find it strange that there are so many claims of sitings, yet no dead bodies, or hard evidence has been found of our knowledge. Nonetheless very exciting experience if this is true

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Oh I know what you mean. Im not saying that i DEFINANTLY SAW A BIGFOOT. I seriously thought it was a bear myself just because theyve been spotted here also.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join