It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is America broke?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Let's face it our leadership means well, kinda, sorta. The new health care bill, cap and trade legislation are just a new tax.

Also 9/11 led to an invasion of Afghanistan (pipelinestan and opium trade) and Iraq( oilfields).

With all the Nobel Prizes awarded to US economists each year, why are we in such a mess?

Take your vaccine, it doesn't matter if the science is shady. When the new health care bill is passed, America becomes Amerika.

Alex Jones should go to Washington and do a remote broadcast for the vote. Your elected officials who are not reelected can always become lobbyists or sit on the board of directors of some large company.

How many companies does Colin Powell sit on the board of directors for?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by total newbie

With all the Nobel Prizes awarded to US economists each year, why are we in such a mess?

with the Nobel peace prize going to a sitting president why are we in two wars?

[edit on 13-11-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit

with the Nobel peace prize going to a sitting president why are we in two wars?

[edit on 13-11-2009 by genius/idoit]

I don't know this one way or the other, but the Nobel Committee is funded by some trust.

Could they have recently come up broke and needed a recharge? Maybe they aren't as independent as people think.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   

well, I mean, the nobel peace prize winner is involved in two wars. There's not even a need to elaborate.
The nobel peace prize winner is involved in two wars, as president of the united states.
sometimes I think I'm going insane.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo

well, I mean, the nobel peace prize winner is involved in two wars. There's not even a need to elaborate.
The nobel peace prize winner is involved in two wars, as president of the united states.
sometimes I think I'm going insane.

I guess this is better than another war. I don't want to go through a metal detector to go to the local grocery store or public library. In a way we are victims of "Kensyian" economics. Since those people running all those scanning machines are not really doing anything, why can't we put them out in some empty field and the can just spend the day scanning each other?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Oh, my. Am I going to be admonished and deducted points for pointing out the title of this thread and commenting on that, again?

Why is America broke? My quick assessment, while simple, is that because America doesn't produce much of anything anymore, that can't be produced cheaper somewhere else. I'm speaking in terms of actual products, not ideas and service type labor. That's my quick response to the title. Now, what the hell is this about a peace prize? The peace prize only brought to the U.S. 1.4 million dollars, unearned, and surely not shared with the U.S economy, unless you buy into the top down stuff, you know, the trickle down theory of letting a few keep much, and they will invest it and all will profit.
Oh, how Republican that is, eh?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Insurmountable fiscal and trade deficits . And there's no way back .

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

Amen. And I actually csme back to this thread by accident.

It ain't as easy as I mentioned, but, yet, it's easily fixed if the spirits of the dead fathers would just quit spinning in their graves so some of us could grab on. I'm an old and disabled sort of guy. I would like you younger and stronger folks to get out there and do what is right, but if you need it, I will stumble out in front, and do my best. But if you don't back me up, I will come back to haunt you.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Kind of reminds me of when my kid got his 1st credit card unlimited possibilitys,buy what you like,but then the bill comes in mail and then reality sets in,I can't afford this!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
to set up for the one world currency that will be implemented with the microchip digital angel beware

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
It's broke because we went from prosperity that was production based, worked for and earned to prosperity via bank loans in the form of easy credit, easy car financing and easy home mortgages.

We went from a society that was happy with what it had, to one that was about keeping up with the Joneses to one that was about surpassing the Joneses and finally to one that was about having the newest of the new even when what we already had worked fine. We change televisions, cars, houses, phones, appliances, computers, dvd players and furniture because we want to have the latest, best or biggest, rather than replacing them out of need.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   

there broke becouse the people in charge are and have been raping the countries wealth!!!

almost don't beleive I see this question on this board.

take ANY organization, corporations are a good example, why do they go bankrupt?????

becouse they spend MORE than they take in/ producee. the US has long since been out of the producing countries club.... they outsource just about everything and have long since sold off the resourses they could have used for in home production of products...

so why are they broke... hmmm they arent... we all are.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I find that funny, "Why is america broke". Its money ceased to exist a long time ago.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Outta all the posts here as to why america is broke, only Illuminator13 got it right! America became totally bankrupt back when the federal reserve act got done in 1913.

After 1913, the push to take our collatoral (our gold standard) began! The market crashes of 29 and 87 were done by total design as to further america's debt, extend it's national debt, eradicate any type of recovery economically because the only thing left was to devalue our currency, which has been going on since the euro was adopted!

Three american presidents either tried to keep us on printing our own money, or abolish the federal reserve, and all 3 were assassinated, and they were: McKinley, Lincoln and JFK!

America is being broken down by total scripted acts by the globalists. Everything for developing countries industry-wise was done in america, and was shipped overseas, not just for cheaper productivity, but to bring the people of america down financially, spiritually, and morally!

Look around, the gig is up! There are many places around the world that won't even take a $100.00 bill for a cup of coffee! America has been broke actually since 1913, and what's happening now that we're seeing is the world "foreclosing" on america as we speak!

new topics

top topics

join