It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Movie

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Went and saw it last night and I have to say that it's a pretty good movie with a pretty good storyline. Obviously if you're going to go expecting this movie to be scientifically accurate then you're going to be disappointed.

The thing I liked the most about it was that they didn't focus entirely on special effects or explosions although they did a very good job in those areas but they also focused on humans having to change their ways.

One line that I remember is "How can we expect a bright future, when we begin our future with an act of cruelty?" I don't know if I got that 100% right but it's fairly close to that

I recommend this movie

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I just saw the movie and it was one hell of a wild ride. Plus, the actors where spot on with John Cusack in the lead, Danny Glover as the President, and Woody Harrelson as a person who would find a comfortable home here on ATS with all of us. In other words, very good cast selection! The story was pretty good, although, a little far fetched given the chain of events and the convenient plot elements scattered throughout to move along the story in a cozy manner as Hollywood is guilty of doing on many occasions.

Another interesting footnote, is a particular country that is in the news rather often, being thought of as the savior of the world. I won't mention the name of the country in question, but it was very interesting how the film makers brought them into the story. Oh yeah, that country is not the United States. I am somewhat on the fence with that choice, but I will leave it to the other viewers as to why that country was picked as the savior. Maybe it is just a sign of the times?

Some escapes in the movie were far to convenient for reality, in terms of the characters surviving such onslaughts. Call it creative license or whatever, but it was just far to convenient for my liking. However, all in all, if you want to be thrilled with explosions, special effects, and a rather reasonable story to one possible scenario of 2012, see the movie.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by capgirl

I believe that the government is behind all this 2012 just to scare us so that they can control us more.

Hmm, nobody I know is scared that a film's plotline could actually happen, when it's as absurd as this film's plot.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I thought it was brill XD
i love the guy who makes them hes full of win
i have to say that the main people in that movie were having the worst day ever :\
i wish i could out-run yellowstone on foot =\

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Is there really a Cho Ming Valley in Tibet? I can't find it anywhere. I'm assuming it's a fictional location. Anybody know the answer? In the movie it's supposed to be in Tibet...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join