It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Movie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
So yeah, I am lame and I went and saw 2012 and actually have to say that they did a pretty good job. Minus the government doesn't know squat BS cause they so do.

Anyways, I thought it would be much worse. I was on the fence til they gave me a shout out in the first part of the movie. Thats when I knew that they were on to me.

But they didn't mess it up too bad. It's important that people do know that it marks the begining of a new world, not the continuation of a world that is well....pretty lame.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

how were the special effects? good enough to fork over 12 dollars to see on the big screen or should i just wait and see dvd? also the real 2012 movie would show life continuing as normal and lots of people being scared over nothing
also, how were you mentioned in the film?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisd250

well that would be my avatar of course.

Great special effects....but only if you think Los Angeles sinking into the ocean is cool. It is the fourth hollywood try I hear.

Spoiler....the ships that are made out to be space ships are actually arks as in boats. They actually fit the description of Noahs Ark, I thought that was pretty cool.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

i love the thought of LA sinking into the ocean, i hate going there its like the hell hole of the earth...so probably a good movie for me much like escape from la lol...and how was your avatar used? was it like the symbol on the documents about 2012 for the gov or what?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I believe that the government is behind all this 2012 just to scare us so that they can control us more. If someone said you aren't goingto live because of a disease and then told you that if you do everything they tell you you will live. That is what I think the government is trying to do. Or will do.

With that said, tell us if it is worth watching on a big screen. Actually tomorrow I am going to see The Visitors of the Fourth Kind.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Kind of...

It was like....

Hey 12.21.12 you're a pretty cool dude.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by capgirl

well the best way to control a population besides controlling it's money is to instill fear in them and unite them against a threat(made up or real) as shown by the nazis....

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

yes well. 2012 was not that movie.

Try the Killing Room

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by capgirl

Sounds like a good movie. I kinda wanted to see it instead.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

true...the killing room was crazy...i recommend seeing it for sure...wouldnt surprise me if the gov. really did stuff like that either...

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

2012 was a long movie.

I would definitely only recommend for one time use.

They certainly didn't mess it up too bad.

I thought it was going to be really bad.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Saw it too. The theatre was packed.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This movie was EPIC,i saw it ,it was good,I didnt expect to have a well put together story or decent acting,i just wanted to see explosions and that type of stuff,it had me laughing to..Worth the money

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
my daughter (16) saw it friday... 13th, 1st day of release, i wasn't invited :0) her comment was "it was sick." Which i believe means rather good. I also believe her demographic is probably the target audience. So the film will be a winner.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by callmedave

I am just glad that they didn't present 2012 as the end of the world, but the prospect of a new one.

They were also half way honest enough to say that the governments efforts are to ensure the continuity of human race specifically for government elites and those chosen by the government from genetic DNA databases.

The truth of the matter is, they can't save everyone and why would they.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Very enjoyable movie I always like end of the world stories but they fudged the science in the movie spectacularly, particularly at the end. Africa was totally in the wrong position if the new south pole was Wisconsin. The cape of Good Hope would be way north and Africa sideways they could never land there. They just completely put the continents in the old positions in the final zoom out from Earth.... Idiotic fudge...

That same mistake is compounded even further by the completely ignoring the effects of multiple mega volcanic eruptions like Yellowstone which would cause an ice age, not only did they land in a location too far North it already would have frozen solid by then. They showed 29 days on board the ark which would not nearly be long enough for "clear sky's" and "fresh air" as they put it hazy skys could well last a decade or longer.

Small engine plane flying out of Yellow stone? Not a chance... the ash is too thick, it could take down a jumbo jet with ease and they clear depict short term immersion with the ash, the plane would have fallen from the sky, it is highly likely the Russian Plane couldn't have made it across the Pacific either as they depict a fly through of a Volcanically devastated Hawaii and the same goes for the plane engines in those circumstances, they would have been able to make the flight.

Next on my list of bad science...

The Tsunami, they use the Yellowstone data as a basis of the time line of this solar event, "every 640,000 years" but yet there is absolutely no evidence of any Tsunami ever having exceeded more than 100 miles inland in all of Earths history, nothing that comes close to leaving water 28,000 feet high having risen up hill for a a thousand miles inland to achieve that.

In recorded history the biggest wave was in Alaska and it was about 1500 ft in height, the biggest known threat a Volcano due to collapse off the cost of Africa which could produce a wave that would soak 20 miles into the East Coast of America and the best speculative evidence we have from massive meteor impacts is around 100 miles inland...

There is simply no evidence of a Tsunami ever having breached 5 Miles high traveling that far inland, let alone every 640,000 years. We would to have a record of an extinction event at least once every Million Years. There is no evidence of a global wash of this magnitude, it would show on our Mountain ranges. Even if we break free from the Yellowstone numbers and use the Galactic alignment at every 26,000 years there is simply no extinction evidence that matches that time frame either and there would have to be if a movement of the Earths plates could cause such a high Tsunami.

soooooo

Killer Movie...

But the worst science yet in a disaster film.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Science? In a movie? Methinks you set your standards to high!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Not to mention that we have undeerground bases and Arks right here in the good old USA but that remains Top Secret and not very proveable.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

lol, I know but they could have at least TRIED to make the events plausible, something as simple as the effects of Volcanic ash on a turbine...come on, this is 6th Grade science... well, maybe in parts of Asia it's 6th grade Science, but still gimme a break...

But go see it, it kicks ass watching the world get destroyed.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The science factor in that movie was not part of my focus. I was trying to read between the lines, to determine what the "so called elites" of this planet were trying to say to us. It has been said before, Hollywood is a tool for propaganda.
My conclusion is that "they" are getting ready for something big happening, and the general population will not have access to the safe zones that are already in place for the so called elites. I also came to the conclusion that "they" will do everything in their power to remain in power, no matter what happens.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join