It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House to Begin Push on Immigration Overhaul in 2010

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus24

Seriously, me and you can go all day about the pros and cons of having cheap slave labor, but thats not what this is about. This is not about feelings, or "Social" backlash. This is about criminals who are in this country illegally, and turning around and saying that this type of behaviour is ok. Lets get to the point here.

Why cant we just enforce the law? AMERICANS do not want people in their country whom they cannot account for. Its dangerous for the entire population of the US. If we want to change the immigration issue, it should be done under public vote. I can almost guarantee you that 90 percent of America does not want to give Illegal Immigrants citizenship Unless they go through the proper channels. I am part of that 90 percent, and to start slinging mud at people who feel differently than you do about a certain issue only makes those people hold on tighter to their beliefs because of the lack of mannerism involved. You just cant force these types of issues on people and make them swallow it without a say.

-side note. I was in the Marines. Just want to tell you to let your friend know, if he really wants to be a Marine, then he himself should be doing everything he can to become a US citizen firstly. Honor, Courage, and Commitment is the Marine Corps Motto. Country first.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Illegals have been here Illgaly* yet, us registered taxpayers always get harrassed in one form or another... interesting isnt it? Makes ya wonder what the agenda is* to me, this could be the north american union coming...obama legalizes all the illgals, theirfore bypassing hte beed for anymore borders, merging mexico and possibly canada..
one world government is coming, and its nor for us. dosnt this seem kinda like a genocide against americans? like what the SS did with the jews, exterminate them.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
A few things need to happen.

1. Enforce the illegal immigration laws we already have.

-- or we could just adopt Mexico's law which makes it a felony to be there illegally and carries a prison sentence and a big money fine. It is written into their Constitution and is strictly enforced. No one gets a job in Mexico without a work permit. That is also strictly enforced. We could do the same and just tell their President that we are simply following their example.

2. Streamline the legal immigration process but limit it to essential workers and immediate family members only.

3. Have special agriculture visas for migrant workers who must return to their own country after one year and reapply.

4. Control our southern border even if it means putting the National Guard there, which by definition is supposed to protect our nation. Give them ful authority to arrest illegals and to shoot back if fired upon.

And most importantly: Change the citizenship by birth law.

Citizenship by birth should only be granted to an infant if at least one of the parents is a citizen, either natural-born or naturalized.

This is what other countries do and it would take away the anchor baby incentive.

What Obama and his more radical Democrats seem to have in mind is an amnesty for the 12 to 20 illegals here which is all we got out of the Reagan amnesty to 3 million illegals. We were promised that it was to be a one time thing and we now need to hold our government to that promise.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join