It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. National Debt almost $12 Trillion ! See for yourself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Wow!
Clock is ticking! Fast!!!
Check out the Unfunded Liabilities lower right!
It's hard to comprehend a number like that!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I didn't know that we spend more on either Social Security and Medicare than we do on Defense. I thought Defense was by far our biggest Expense. I guess you learn something every day!

So, our National Debt equates to each citizen having a Liability of $344,576. No problem. Will they take a Personal Check for that? They might have to wait until the end of the month to cash it as I'm going to have to move some funds around to cover it.

Why is it so difficult for our Government to understand the concept of a Balanced Budget? Why didn't previous sessions of Congress setup a Rainy Day Fund in which to put Surplus Savings for when a time came that we had to spend more than we made? Have these people ever maintained a Bank Account in their life? Just because the U.S. Budget has more commas and zeroes than a Personal Bank Account doesn't mean it should be treated any differently!

Methinks we need to send our Congresspersons back to school for some Remedial Economics 101.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The money is gone.

The end of the dollar.

I mean...it is that simple and yet most people will just return with "naw dude, its gunna get better" or "I saw a report that stocks are doing better now".

No...the end of the dollar, the snow balling collapse of the American economy as a whole is here.

It is really just that simple.

If you do not see it now...it is way to late for you to learn now.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
When I read this post I hear the faint voices of school children (shooosh)can you hear it ?.....mmm....mmm...mmm barack hussein obama.....MMM....mmm...mmm barack hussein obama...it builds to a creshendo MMM...MMM...MMM BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA.........then nothing it's gone just like our dollar!

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Want to see what 1 measly trillion looks like?

Multiply THIS by 12.

Nice, huh?

I wonder if they are included the 2.3 trillion that the Pentagram "lost".

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
That is amazing!!!
Great find...

LifENcircleS

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by PSUSA
Want to see what 1 measly trillion looks like?

Multiply THIS by 12.

Nice, huh?

I wonder if they are included the 2.3 trillion that the Pentagram "lost".

I also like the saying of-

"Go back to the day Jesus was born...spend a million dollars a day since then until today. You have not spent one trillion dollars yet today".

I remember when 1 trillion was only a fantasy number (I want a trillion french fries!!!) or a number to attribute towards stars and molecules.

Crazy days.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

Just the interest on the debt is out of control.
I guess we should have listened to Ross Perot in 1992.
If we found a way to pay off the $12 Trillion debt, the interest number
would fall to zero.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

I remember when 1 trillion was only a fantasy number (I want a trillion french fries!!!) or a number to attribute towards stars and molecules.

Same here. It's a hard thing to grasp.

Or a kajillion bajillion dollars!

They screwed the pooch so badly that it's almost funny. They built their own trap; it comes naturally when doing things like this.

In the transgression of an evil man there is a snare: but the righteous doth sing and rejoice.

I love Proverbs. So much wisdom there.

top topics

join