It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beatles never broke up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
OK, today I stumbled upon this site, "TheBeatlesneverbroke up" . In it the author claims to have travelled to an alternate world in which dimensional travel is the norm. He also claims to have spent some time with a dimensional traveller in his house and to have stolen a Beatles tape from him. Obviously in the visited world the Beatles never split and were in fact still touring. Ordinarily I would ignore the kind of claim that this guy makes and put it down to attention seeking in a Titor kind of way. What makes this stand out from other fakes though is the fact that he has posted a whole album that the Beatles apparently recorded after they had split up in our world.Now I will admit that the first song is just a remix of FAB by george Harrison and Paul Mcartneys Band on the run mixed with other songs. However the rest of the songs have me stumped, perhaps B sides that I haven't heard etc.
Anyway I'm calling fake on this but it is interesting and I was wondering what you guys make of it !

Edit to say that track 7 is actually just a remixed mcartney song. definately thinking fraud now

[edit on 13-11-2009 by avriel]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I heard this guy on the "mancow" morning show this morning. Quite a claim!

-E-

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by avriel

Shame you can't just listen to them.
You have to download.

Looking around online though, people are saying that they're just mash-ups of the stars' solo stuff.
But the guy has gone to a hell of a lot of trouble to edit and mix and so on.

Interesting but shame you can't just listen to them.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

If you click the links on the left of the page for the indivisual songs they open in Quick Time. Well they do on Firefox with the Quick Time plug in installed, not sure if it would work in IE but I don't see why not.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
sorry, this is complete rubbish. all the tracks on this tape are made up of the Beatles members solo stuff.

Nonsense.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
How cool would this be if it was true!
Only Paul and Ringo could tell us!

They did mash up and remix songs on their Love CD for Cirque du Soleil.
Maybe this is a new leaked verison?
Or this guy was inspired by the Love CD and made his own.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Some folks tend to get a bit *too* obsessed when it comes to The Beatles..

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeear Prudence.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Definitely a cool idea, but I have to admit the first song I loaded up ("I'm Just Sitting Here") sounded somehow familiar already, like I'd heard it from a John Lennon solo album... But I can't say for certain, name the song, anything like that.

Will be interesting to see how people figure this one out.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
yes.... and the greatful dead were really british spies, that is why they were on tour all the time.

And Fred Durst is really george bush

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Where did these songs come from?
An alternative universe?
Maybe Elvis just release his has a new album as well.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well, the one called "I'm just sitting here" is actually "Watching the Wheels" by John Lennon. Lyrics here to compare: www.lyrics007.com...

But still really cool idea.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Honestly; I would like to see someone do a bunch of remix albums with the theme of The Beatles never breaking up; mixing all their solo stuff through the years together. Create a fictional alternate universe discography.
anyway, these songs are decent, but don't really make me think the beatles would have actually sounded like this had they stayed together. But it is a very interesting idea.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This mashing must be the latest fad on the Net as I've found many "new" Beatles fakes recently. This guy's story would make a good fiction book and nothing else. The tape story is a fraud and as someone else posted, these "new" songs are nothing but snippets of existing solo tracks all mashed together. Complete nonsense and actually I am offended that he thinks people are so stupid to believe this tape could be real.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmortician

BUT... It would be interesting to hear more in my opinion. Knowing that it is fake doesn't make it any less interesting. As a huge beatles fan, I say let it stand as fiction, lets hear more fake post-beatles music!
I mean really; their solo stuff was great, so lets see what mixing it together would sound like. A solo George song with backing vocals by Paul and John and dub in some drum fills by Ringo would be an interesting remix. Think of all the ways the songs could be arranged.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Of course you might expect an album from a a parallel beatles to be very similar to their solo stuff. Except, rather than write and perform the songs themselves they simply wrote and recorded them as a band.

e.g maybe John Lennon was always going to write 'Watching the Wheels', it's just that in the alternate universe he wrote and recorded it with the rest of the beatles.

Edit: I've just listened to some of it and I think it's clearly a mash-up. So far there hasn't been one song that hasn't been a mixture of other songs. Also when the Beatles split up they were moving in the direction of paring down their music to a simple four piece and a more live-like sound, eschewing the studio tricks of previous albums. This album is the total opposite of that. If the story is to be believed they would be recording songs only to sample pieces from them in order to create new songs. Which seems an inordinately complicated way of producing an album.. However, it's not so complicated if it has been produced by a hobbyist sampling existing tracks.

Having said that, it's a very good album. The person/people responsible clearly has talent. My take on the alternative universe story is either the guy is just having a bit of fun or he has stumbled upon what he thinks is a way of getting his work out to an audience while protecting him from being sued for copyright. I'd love to see him offering this defence in the courts

[edit on 14/11/2009 by MarrsAttax]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I like in the guy's story that he was not suppose to take anything back with him. (He stoled the tape) Nothing, because of safety reasons but ate some food from another dimension. OK, guy telling the story... you just brought back purple ketchup plus whatever other food is in your stomach. hmmm. This story is hogwash!

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Can you ALL believe that this rubbish just hit one of our local news web pages today? I still can't believe my country's lack of real news...
the link (in spanish) Terra.cl

I still CAN'T believe it...

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
it's very obvious that all the songs are just remixes of the beatles solo stuff. still very good though, and a very good story.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm Just Sitting Here is a mix of Watching the Wheels, Harrison's My Sweet Lord and horns from somewhere. Pretty well done, though. The Beatles have got to be the only band in the world that we love so much we keep fiddling around with the stuff they've already done so we can have "new" stuff.

new topics

top topics

join