It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish-American charged with killing Palestinians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Jewish-American charged with killing Palestinians

news.yahoo.com

JERUSALEM – A Jewish-American extremist charged Thursday with shooting to death two Palestinians and trying to kill others with explosive devices and poison said he had no regrets and was sure God approved of his actions.

As Jack Teitel walked, smiling, into the courtroom, he raised his manacled hands and flashed a "V for victory" sign at news cameras.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

JERUSALEM – A Jewish-American extremist charged Thursday with shooting to death two Palestinians and trying to kill others with explosive devices and poison said he had no regrets and was sure God approved of his actions.

As Jack Teitel walked, smiling, into the courtroom, he raised his manacled hands and flashed a "V for victory" sign at news cameras.

According to the indictment filed in Jerusalem district court on Thursday, the 37-year-old Teitel, originally from Florida, sought to avenge the deaths of Israelis killed by Palestinian militants.

The indictment said the ultra-Orthodox Jewish West Bank settler's rampage of violence, which began with the slaying of a Palestinian taxi driver in 1997, also included bomb attacks against a dovish Israeli professor and messianic Jews who venerate Jesus.

"It has been a pleasure and an honor to have served my God," Teitel told reporters in court, speaking English.

Pretty sad guy giving excuse of G-D, the excuse is as imaginary as the G-D. What do ya' think?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
Pretty sad guy giving excuse of G-D, the excuse is as imaginary as the G-D. What do ya' think?

seems to me there's plenty of killing being done on behalf of some deity or another in the middle east.

it's sad that we, as human beings, cannot see that killing in the name of God or Jesus or Mohammed or Buddha is about as sane an excuse as saying you killed someone because Big Bird said you should.

I'd love to have the power to make one week a religion free week around the world. Erase the concept of religions from everyone's mind for one week.

see how much better the world will be for that one week.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I'd love to have the power to make one week a religion free week around the world. Erase the concept of religions from everyone's mind for one week.

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

"Imagine" by John Lennon

Speaks words.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Well said Crakeur and who can forget those words by Lennon, he was master of his time.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

it's sad that we, as human beings, cannot see that killing in the name of God or Jesus or Mohammed or Buddha is about as sane an excuse as saying you killed someone because Big Bird said you should.

I knew there was something suspicious about that big yellow bird. To tell you the truth and I know it sounds crazy but it is a conspiracy site, I don’t think it’s really a real bird, I would bet dollars to donuts there is a man inside a big yellow bird costume!

I keep watching Sesame Street everyday looking for him to slip up!

Religion is definitely and decidedly a divide and conquer highly fractionalizing dubious thing. It’s utterly amazing that so much of this violence is being carried out against people who worship the same deity and just can’t agree how and don’t find it the least little bit suspicious said deity never bothers to elaborate or clarify this them self!

It proves that insanity and sanity is simply defined by mutual agreement and not any rational standard.

What a world. At least I am no longer alone in my suspicions regarding big bird!

Oh by the way the press is having a very hard time repeating it but the Israeli Police have labelled this man's alleged actions terrorism!

[edit on 13/11/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Let the week start December 21st. I've dreaded the in-law thing for years now.

I do agree that religions cause much turmoil. The world seems to be getting less religious in this day and age so maybe humanity has some hope left after all.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I feel like a simple "sad but expected" can sum up most of this case; as well as much of what is going on in the middle east nowadays.

top topics

join