It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time for some fun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
To: *******************************
Subject: Demand for Immediate Take Down - Notice of Infringing Activity - MS Ref. ********
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 17:39:57 -0000

VIA EMAIL:

Demand for Immediate Take-Down: Notice of Infringing Activity

URL: http:**********.
Case #: ***********
Date: 13 November 2009

Dear Sir or Madam,

Microsoft has received information that the domain listed above, which appears to be on servers under your control, is offering unlicensed copies of, or is engaged in other unauthorized activities relating to copyrighted works published by Microsoft.

1. Identification of copyrighted works:

Copyrighted work(s): Computer Online Forensic Evidence Extractor (COFEE)
Copyright owner: Microsoft Corporation

2. Copyright infringing material or activity found at the following location(s):

http://*******************.zip
http://***************.zip

The above copyright work(s) is being made available for copying, through downloading, at the above location without authorization of the copyright owner.

3. Statement of authority:

The information in this notice is accurate, and I hereby certify under penalty of perjury that I am authorized to act on behalf of Microsoft, the owner of the copyright(s) in the work(s) identified above. I have a good faith belief that none of the materials or activities listed above have been authorized by Microsoft, its agents, or the law.

We hereby give notice of these activities to you and request that you take expeditious action to remove or disable access to the material described above, and thereby prevent the illegal reproduction and distribution of this copyright work(s) via your company's network.

We appreciate your cooperation in this matter. Please advise us regarding what actions you take.

Yours sincerely,

Graeme Grant
Internet Investigator

on behalf of Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052
United States of America

* I have deleted url's for obvious reasons.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Some information please?

I mean are you selling cd keys for windows 7? Or is big bad microsoft just out to get you?

Whats the rest of the story?

EDIT:
Sorry, reread your post and see that you are apparently offering for download the COFEE application? Doesn't seem like thats an app that is even available for purchase and is only offered to police agencies, I could be wrong I just heard of it after reading this thread and searching.

Sounds interesting though, I'll take a copy

[edit on 11/13/2009 by ThaLoccster]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Obviously i am not involved in this in anyway, but yes you are correct, the application is for a particular purpose and is extremely efficient.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Oh for Christ's sake! Don't you know that Microsoft (and Google) own the rights to everything that isn't already owned by the oil industry?

Offering ANYTHING for download is violating SOMEBODY's claim to ownership.

What's your name, by the way... is it really yours? Do you have the original CD case and key?

How about a sales receipt?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Well you made me laugh with your post.

Well people still think that Microsoft is a civilian business, when in fact, most of its shares are so well disguised that its become a government funded operation. But then again, we all knew this since the 80's.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I don't understand the reason for this post. The urls, while perhaps an infringment, are likely necessary towards the comprehesion of your intent with this thread.

Please advise futher on the direction the opening post was intended to take.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Uh oh... do you own the concept of this posting? Seems you may need to provide proof of your intent or you'll be issued a take down order...

*sigh*

It is, after all... Friday the 13th... what else should we expect?

(Or should I even ask? lol!)

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
So, Microsoft writes an application called Computer Online Forensic Evidence Extractor (COFEE) and makes it available, for free, to Law Enforcement at the NW3C website at www.nw3c.org or by contacting INTERPOL directly at [email protected].

However, someone is hosting this product, the legal IP of Microsoft, for free download to non-LEOs, which gets slapped with a Cease and Desist.

What seems to be the problem here?

If I spent the money, time and resources on developing an application, even if I gave it away for free to certain individuals, I would slap a Cease and Desist on anyone else sharing it with World+Dog without my permission too.

I'm not one to advocate IP Rights very often, but in this case it seems pretty cut and dried that the recipient is clearly in the wrong.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
You see this is what I don't get about the internet.

You are meant to share.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Reading a little bit on COFEE this is a useful link:

www.microsoft.com...

what's scary is at the very bottom

"If it's vital to government, it's mission critical to Microsoft."

way to go Bill Gate$. Sell your soul.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I honestly cannot go further into this topic or answer questions relating to the intentions of my post other than the viewer who he/she knows who i am referring to is aware of what this post is about.

To the rest of the viewers i am showing you that anything digital is accessible regardless of what security measures you have implemented on your Win operating system, those include past, present and future.

P.S.

MemoryShock, if you choose to 4o4 this post then please do so at your own free will.

Sincerely

tristar.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by socrates271
You see this is what I don't get about the internet.

You are meant to share.

Some things are best left alone.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I think he just told us that nothing we put in our computers is safe.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
reply to post by tristar

Oh for Christ's sake! Don't you know that Microsoft (and Google) own the rights to everything that isn't already owned by the oil industry?

Offering ANYTHING for download is violating SOMEBODY's claim to ownership.

What's your name, by the way... is it really yours? Do you have the original CD case and key?

How about a sales receipt?

Microsoft (Google), well all of the giants have one thing in common and that is every windows system has "ADVAPI.DLL", care to guess what its function is and why its been built into every past/present/future operating system.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I don't understand the reason for this post. The urls, while perhaps an infringment, are likely necessary towards the comprehesion of your intent with this thread.

Please advise futher on the direction the opening post was intended to take.

cryptome.org...

top topics

join