It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India quietly bolsters disputed China border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

India quietly bolsters disputed China border

www.reuters.com

The rutted mountain road to Tawang in India's remote northeast, quiet and empty for years, is abuzz these days with heavy construction activity. Bulldozers are slowly turning the rickety road to the Chinese border into a double-lane highway.

The construction is part of India's quiet military buildup in an eastern Himalayan region that is at the centre of a long festering border dispute with China.

Many say China's five highways running to the border, backed by railway and modern telecomm
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Things are brewing between India and China.

Beijing has also stepped up its opposition to the Dalai Lama, the exiled Tibetan leader, who has lived in India since fleeing Tibet after a failed uprising against Chinese rule in 1959

"In Tibet the Buddhist monasteries are the closest thing to an alternative organising force to the Communist party," writes Bill Emmott in his book "Rivals: How the Power Struggle Between China, India and Japan Will Shape Our Next Decade".

Crazy

I stand firm in my belief that China send the Maoist terroists to India to try and break it up and cause tension.

I'm sure China was VERY happy when the taj hotel was in a hostage situation, cause business people to think twice to go there.

There alot of territory disputes between many regions with India and China, this is not the only one.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Great find, glad to see others are seeing the danger here that I am.

I posted a thread earlier about Pakistan's purchase of 2 fleets of chinese fighter jets.

My guess is we are going to see this situation boil over withing the next year.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Makes sense that the two new emerging super powers are gonna be at each others throats,gee where have we seen that before.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I can see Europe/America/India vs. China/Russia/Iran.

Who will win?

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hereno
I can see Europe/America/India vs. China/Russia/Iran.

Who will win?

Nobody wins a war. Both sides lose. Always.

There is no such thing as a "winnable" war my friend.

Especially considering they aren't fighting over anything that actually matters.

Imaginary lines in the sand.

Silly humans.

~Keeper

[edit on 11/15/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well of course, if we're looking at this from a serious philosophical standpoint.

My post was more in jest than anything else,

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Scary update here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Very Wrong!

new topics

top topics

join