It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA finds [significant] water on the moon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I find it amusing how they claimed they found it because their space probe crashed they must think everone is a fool not everyone falls for everything they hear message to those who observe beware of the the deceit you speak everyone is not unwise to the fact all information about this is not being unveiled we are few but watch with open eyes

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Well, this is an embarrassment. We had feet on the ground 40 some years ago and we just now figuring out there is water there?

Imagine if we spent one year of US military spending on Moon Colonization! We need to spread out or we may lose our chance to keep humanity around for ever.

Not to mention if we had continued human exploration and Colonized Mars and other places the wars we have today probably would not happen. Everyone on earth would have a different world view in a world of Human space flight and colonization!

Shame on us. Time to get the hell outa war and do something useful for our species.

X

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoonandStar
Heh!!...Hogland and Lear were right afterall then..ey??

Poor guys were almost burned on stakes...oh well

Hey I tought water couldn't exist without an atmosphere?, am I wrong?

[edit on 13-11-2009 by MoonandStar]

Who says there isn't an atmosphere on the moon?

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Hey I tought water couldn't exist without an atmosphere?, am I wrong?

No, liquid water cannot exist without an atmoshpere. What they found is "Ice". Frozen Water. H2O. Dihydrogen Monoxide. If you can recall, the place where they found water is actually permanently in the shade, where it is very, very, very, cold. Cold enough for ice to not sublimate.

Suppose you meant negative K. But tks for that!

The Kelvin scale is an absolute temperature. Celsius is a temperature scale only relative to the boiling point of water at standard conditions. 0K is absolute zero, as cold as anything can possibly be. 0K is equivalent to -273C. For this reason Kelvin is much more useful in science than Celsius. Celsius in an equation essentially assumes that 40 degrees is twice as hot as 20 degrees. It's not. 40 (313K) degrees is only 6.8% hotter than 20 degrees (293K). This is useful for gas equations, for example, increasing the temperature from 20c to 40c degrees would increase the volume by 6.8%, not 100% (excluding other variables).

[edit on 14/11/2009 by C0bzz]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join