It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City of Heros ATS Superteam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Anyone interested in starting up a City of Heros Superteam Email me [email protected].
I think it is a great game. I would really like to have an all ATS team running around shooting what we all take about lol. I play on the Virtue server and my name is Novatron level 13 blaster. I play in the mornings from 9-1 morning Eastern Standard. Drop me a line

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I have been thinking about picking up CoH as a replacement for Diablo II, the game my friends & I have been playing over the Internet for ages. All the other action RPGs we have looked at, Sacred Dungeon Seige II, etc., seem to have too steep learning curves for casual players. They also seem more campaign-based where D2 lets you pop in for a quick session when time allows. How does CoH compare?

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Never played Diablo...but I'll tell you...pop in CoH and you will be happy with this game at any givin time there are at least 50 heros standing in the mail square of town. And this town is HUGH! It only takes about a minute to round up a team of peeps. You can do missions or runaround and kill the bad guys on the streets of the city saving the various citizens that are always walking around. I have had the game for about a week and since I got it I haven't played nothing else. Because of this game I have not finished Farcry which I got 2 weeks before. A great game that you can play for 10-20 mins or all day.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I snagged a copy of CoH, so when I get it installed and get my head around it I will let you know, CC. Thanks for helping my make up my mind.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Nevermind, CC. I just wasted $50. I should have done a bit more research. "City of Heroes" has no single-player mode, no LAN play (run your own server), and no way am I going to pay them $15 a month to play the game.

Anybody want a copy of CoH cheap? It was never played and only thrown across the room once!

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
How cheap? I might be interested. I might want to give the game a try, haven't really decided yet. It seems bland, like the only thing you can do is kill bad guys. Other mmorpgs allow you to craft items, be healers, be a lot of things. All you can do in CoH is have superhero abilities in order to kill people. Which is f*cking cool, but I dont know if it'll hold my attention for that long.

I hope you don't get bored of it soon, Chicken. I also was playing FarCry but stopped halfway through because of Freedom Fighters which isn't the best game, but it's cool. Takes place around this time, but Russia "won" the Cold War and eventually takes over the world. So you have to rebel against the Commies in New York. It's awesome, probably right up people on ATS' alleys.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Dang..I just bought my copy last night. It's an awesome game Spectre. I have never found a game that I was willing to pay money for on a monthly basis....until CoH. It's like coming home.
I love SuperHeroes in general though...so maybe I'm a bit biased.
I think about it this way, a monthly payment keeps the riff raff and hoodlums out. You pay for quality of play. Free game servers attract punks who wanna haxor 7h3 game. Know what I mean? Try it for a month. You'll be surprised.
Btw, I'm on Guardian server as DarkLanser� or SweetThang� (He's the only 6'9" Bald Black man wearing a tight hot pink t-shirt with a heart on it.)

Look me up when you are in the City.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'll probably keep it until I cool off a bit. I went back and looked at the websites I checked out and none said anywhere on the first page or so that it was subscription ONLY. I figured they offered a premium subscription service.

DL, I agree completely about public servers. That is why I love games that I can host myself so only my friends can connect up and play. That is the way we have been playing Diablo 2, Ghost Recon, and the Unreal Tournament games.

CoH got me all excited because I remember how much fun I had playing the paper-n-dice "Marvel Superheroes" RPG.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
They will release an update to the game next month adding 3 new factions.3 new zones,customizable costumes. Also when City of Villians comes out we will then see superheros fighting supervillians in very LARGE groups. When you get a supergroup up and the update turns on you will and can have a base of operations where you can store your items of power which will give you bonuses during the time it is housed in your base.
(what do you mean while its in your base)
other supergroups can and will infiltrate your base of operations to get your bonus giving items(which arn't in the game yet) in which case you will have to go get them back. Update to the game are scedualed for every 3 monthes or so. Well worth the 15 dollars a month. If not just get the game for a 3 month period and don't pay no more.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
I think about it this way, a monthly payment keeps the riff raff and hoodlums out. You pay for quality of play. Free game servers attract punks who wanna haxor 7h3 game.

Have you played any other MMORPGs before? You'd be surprised how much riff raff there are on the servers, the mondey doesn't keep them out. People can't hack the game, but there are always people who type in "733t" speak and such, and who grief people, and cause a ton of crap in the game. They run rampant in every MMORPG, it's inevitable. I've yet to get into CoH so I can't say for sure about that game, but I know these people affect every other MMORPG, they're like the plague. :bnghd:

Can I ask, is there any player vs. player combat in the game? I'm sure there will be when City of Villians comes out, but I wasn't sure if there is now? Fighting mindless enemies is fun for only so long, ya know?

The one thing I think is wicked cool about CoH, and one of its best features that I can tell is the enourmous amount of customability you can put into a character's looks. It's friggin amazing compared to other games. You can make anything you could ever imagine, I love that part. I want to get it just to make a bunch of cool characters.

new topics

top topics

join