It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are all the people that ever lived, walking the earth today?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I have a source that claims to have knowledge on the 2012 subject and I am trying to prove or disprove one or two points before maybe posting up more information from this source.

According to the source as 2012 is such a pivotal moment in the history of the human race, everyone wants to experience it and therefore everyone who has ever lived will be reincarnated to be on earth at the time of the transition.

What I want to do is get a grip on the figures.

The Population Reference Bureau figures from 2002 say that approximately 106.5 billion people have been born in the history of the world while in 2002 the world population stood at 6.2 billion.

That means that the current population made up 5.8% of the total number of people ever born on earth.

So at first glance you may think it throws the theory straight out of the window. But then you factor in reincarnation, how many of the 106.5 billion souls are “unique”.

Now as soon as I ask that question my head explodes so I was wondering if there are any mathematical geniuses around here that may be able to help?

Source

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
uh no. people live people die.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by android

That's impossible to answer. If you 'factor in reincarnation' the number of unique souls could be anything. We have no way of knowing...

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoyalCanadian
uh no. people live people die.

way to open up your possibilities and deny ignorance.

I too would like to hear more on this...

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
So how many "unique souls are there? If there are 6.5 billion people now, that is 6.5 "unique souls. So, where were these additional souls when the population was 4 billion? And where will the addition souls come from when and if the population gets to 7 billion? Are you suggesting there is a "pool" of idle souls, if so then there are more souls than bodies. In any event, it would be impossible to prove either way.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I don't want to be a drive killer, but what evidence suggests "souls" exist? Through logic and reason that particular theory you speak about is pretty far out there. You have to really reach for something to support it.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Metaphysically speaking......it makes sense. I read in one of the threads here on ATS about some kind of Harvest being in 2012 after a very long era. This is the time when souls can graduate from this form into their next being-life. So all the souls that have been stuck in this form and have been reincarnating.....would wish to pass from this stage to their next one.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
reply to post by android

That's impossible to answer. If you 'factor in reincarnation' the number of unique souls could be anything. We have no way of knowing...

We have no way of knowing, the question has been asked so many times.

I doubt 2012 is any different from any other transition.

Just remember people are still going to be evil, but people may be different in small ways. Brainwave entrainment is what i think we are going through, and all these transitions make the human race slightly different.

Do not fall for the world will be peace, no way. I see people are getting more evil, with there increasing lack of empathy. Evil will be with the human race, for along time to come, so do not take what icke and others say to much on that. But we may be different in a small way. Each transition is different but only in small ways.

One day science, make evolve us to another level, but it will not be these transitions, lol.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This question is not one that can even be answered definitively. The reason is that even if reincarnation exists, there are no rules about when souls reincarnate. Philosophically the same soul could be reincarnated at the same time as other iterations of the same soul. From the perspective of the soul it is moving forward and the experiences of the past lives are still behind it, but from a time date perspective it is not forward. Also, assuming reincarnation is real, souls next incarnation can occur back in time. There is no rules about souls needing to incarnate forward in time. If you believe the past life regressions, some give account of past lives that occur in the future.

So to recap, if reincarnation is real, souls can incarnate in the past present, or future. There can be multiple iterations of your soul in existence in one moment in time, although the two iterations (or more) are all at different places. The point being, there is no way to determine at all how many 'unique' souls there are or how many could incarnate.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
well you have to ask when are new souls created if people can keep reincarnating? and why? and no doubt more people will be born than will dies over the next 3 years creating an even bigger population so then the answer MUST be no.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by android

"Are all the people that ever lived, walking the earth today?"

I was thinking some more & I think there's a simple answer... "No, all the people (I assume you mean 'souls') that have ever lived are NOT walking the Earth today... even if you include reincarnation"

Reason... Let's assume every living human being must be occupied by a soul (which may or may not be true - ie: Dick Cheney). Then (to answer your question) if every soul ever 'created' by God is currently walking the Earth today, there would not be any more souls left to fill additional bodies.

That would mean the world's population could not increase (no more souls remaining). However, the population is growing which mean's there must still be souls remaining to fill bodies.

If there were only a finite number of souls out there, and they were all being used, then the population would have to remain constant at some point... the number of people being born must exactly equal to the number who die.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by mecheng]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
To anyone posting here with things like "um dude, reincarnation is dumb" or "no, we die and that's it"

I would like you to notice the OP is not accepting reincarnation as a fact, he is simply trying to "do the math" of someone's theory.

Now...for him to "check the math", he must first "theoretically accept reincarnation". For you to play along, you would also need to do the same.

If you are going to slow down his process of "math checking a theory" by not ALLOWING the theory on the table, then it's sorta like accepting to play cowboys and Indians or Cops-n-robbers and THEN yelling "wait! none of us are cops, indians, robbers or cowboys!" before anyone gets to begin playing at all.

So save your anti-reincarnation speeches for where they are applicable...help his math...or move one.

PS-I agree that a conclusion to the math can not be made until you settle on the "unique soul" factor. All the numbers are not present to work out the final numbers.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by android

I've been doing a little 'population charting' and I think I have the basic questions down that would need to be answered before you could figure this out...
- The average lifespan of a person
- The waiting period until a person can be reincarnated after death
- The total number of times a soul can be reincarnated
- The average age of a person when they have children
- The average number of children a person has
- How long has mankind been around

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
reply to post by android

I've been doing a little 'population charting' and I think I have the basic questions down that would need to be answered before you could figure this out...
- The average lifespan of a person
- The waiting period until a person can be reincarnated after death
- The total number of times a soul can be reincarnated
- The average age of a person when they have children
- The average number of children a person has
- How long has mankind been around

All good...I would possibly consider adding "is it possible for one soul to be in two places at once". I mean...can a soul be living in the same moment, in two different bodies?

Schrodinger's soul...anyone?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

One human soul cannot be in two different bodies at the same time.
The average wait for a soul to reincarnate is between 500 and 800 years. Human souls can reincarnate on other planets as well. It doesn't have to be Earth. The are other planets in our local universe that have similar evolution paths.

Some of the planets host chemical beings, hydrogen beings, O2 beings(like us) and ethereal beings (higher frequency). All the souls that were "created" millions of years ago , emanate from the light and will return to the light, not just all at the same time.

The transition to higher states of consciousness will take another 2500 years, that's how long it's going to take for all the souls to finish their experience in the 3rd density. While this process is taking place, some will go to higher levels of experience (4th and perhaps 5th density).

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
From my experience there are millions of human inhabitants of this planet that do not possess a soul.

They are called sociopaths.

And popularly called politicians.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lagenese
reply to post by Mr Mask

One human soul cannot be in two different bodies at the same time.
The average wait for a soul to reincarnate is between 500 and 800 years. Human souls can reincarnate on other planets as well. It doesn't have to be Earth. The are other planets in our local universe that have similar evolution paths.

Some of the planets host chemical beings, hydrogen beings, O2 beings(like us) and ethereal beings (higher frequency). All the souls that were "created" millions of years ago , emanate from the light and will return to the light, not just all at the same time.

The transition to higher states of consciousness will take another 2500 years, that's how long it's going to take for all the souls to finish their experience in the 3rd density. While this process is taking place, some will go to higher levels of experience (4th and perhaps 5th density).

Whoa buddy...slow down here. No one within the group has discussed any fantasy laws yet. I mean...yeah, you got some information there...but I think you are jumping the gun on making up a bunch of things to throw into the "theoretical debate on souls".

Um...if we are going to muddy the water with senseless nonfactual tomfoolery...then I say we add "and all souls are made of ice cream". I like ice cream after all.

Um...yeah.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

This is a dicussion forum. I'm just relaying what i know from experience. But hey, i never asked anyone to believe what i wrote. On a personal note, it is not fantasy nor theory to "my" point of view.

Peace

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lagenese
reply to post by Mr Mask

This is a dicussion forum. I'm just relaying what i know from experience. But hey, i never asked anyone to believe what i wrote. On a personal note, it is not fantasy nor theory to "my" point of view.

Peace

I see...thank you. Forgive me for finding you a tad "over the top" and either "in need of help" or "trying to sell a false agenda".

I am afraid I have no ability to even consider you "partly right".

I just don't drink that cocktail of "perspective".

I hope my honesty hasn't offended you.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

If people where to believe in what i write, my words would become a philosophy of some sort... And that's the last thing i want to do.
I just need to express myself.
I was never offended by anyone on this forum. I have very objective views on all events in my experience of the 3rd density.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join