It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling hungry?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by Rawhemp

try eating raw soy curd - no seasoning - uncooked

I don't eat soy, it's poison

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rawhemp
Soy isn't healthy, recommending one unhealthy product over another is stupid.

My first reply in the thread ^^

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
It's sad that this topic has turned into a fight between meat eaters and vegetarians. I think we should at least try this food, instead of saying it's bad right from the start.

I ate a veggie burger one day and, of course, it's different than a beef burger, but it wasn't bad either. I could get used to it. When you put some tomatoes, onions, ketshup, a slice of cheese, some mustard and relish, it's very good!

I'm currently trying to reduce my meat consumption. I don't eat much red meat, but I enjoy some chicken from time to time. On the other hand, I often eat eggs (organic) and some cheese.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, OP. I will definitely try the ribs if I can find them at my supermarket!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I'm almost complete vegetarian for say 20 years. My objections grew up primarily out of fact that you can hardly afford meat of good quality. I do not want to pay for animal, which was all live totally stressed and fed by hormones and antibiotics. Another thing is energy footprint of pork/beef industry.
In my country it's hard to find vegetarian food which is not total crap (like fried cheese with fries) in restaurants. Its really hard if you live in city and have busy day to get some good food. I'm so lucky that I do almost all my work from home so I can cook. Its time consuming but I definitively get what I want
I have never trusted a soya products. It was presented as some magical trouble solver - so probably scam.
My menu is based on various beans/lentils/peas + rice/pasta. There is so many mushrooms, nuts, vegetables and spices (even seasonal)! You can have 14 different tasty meals a week without any trouble. Also it is much cheaper - I spend about 4$ a day on good end healthy food and if you cook for more people then it may be even less. And no, my country isn't that much cheaper then USA - same prices as in EU.
Last few years I use about 100g of bacon a day because I started to have some health troubles which can be related to lack of L-Carnitin. It depends on your metabolism if you can live totally without meat.
I moved with my friends to country few years ago - just small house. This spring I started garden and next spring I will continue whit few sheep (grass trimmer/my own meat source) and few hens (my own eggs and at end perfect strong soup).
Now I'm very interested in my ancestors diet because was based on local source/climate. I realized that people ate much better 400 years ago then today - of course if famine or extreme poverty was not their actual situation. Meat was every time part of their diet but was not predominant like today when its normal to start morning with ham, continue through hamburger for lunch and finish a day with stake. If I compare my ancestors menu with today average menu through glass of modern science than the old clearly win.

EDIT:syntax/grammar

[edit on 18-11-2009 by zeddissad]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Terces_Pot_Evoba

I'm sorry that I can't give you more stars. Your post very well describe my view on theme.

As second line I'll try to explain why FACTORY farming - probably main source of meat for most of opposing posters - can be pretty well tracted as conspiracy hence this topic have legit place at this forum: there is big business gaining big money on slow poisoning of people and yes this have big negative effect on environment. Ok - eat your meat but try to avoid posing negative externalities on others - factory farming is just terrible in many aspects and it directly affect my quality of life even if I don't eat meat. I'm not pushing anybody to be vegetarian. I just offer not very common view on topic.

regards
z.

EDIT: grammar and to add:
In the upcoming period of scarcity will be vegetarian life style necessity

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Take a look at some of my reply's in the end of this thread

The human body is not designed to handle meat, anyone with basic understanding of anatomy and physiology will come to this conclusion.

Let me also state its not designed to handle grains or soybeans...

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I love these pro-vegetarian threads and think they can only do good. I have been a vegetarian for over 15 years and there are so many good reasons for not eating meat that to an awake person you wouldn't even need to mention them. It's just that at least 95% of readers are going to be meat-eaters and will resent you for sending them on a guilt trip by bringing it up. Meat eaters hate the implied judgement they feel from vegetarians, which is natural and understandable, while vegetarians don't like seeing what meat eaters are doing to animals and themselves. That's just how it is - Vegetarians versus Meat Eaters forever!

P.S. Humans weren't meant to eat meat because it makes us stink, which isn't how God intended it. People who nourish themselves on raw food don't produce any unpleasent body odours. The human body will smell sweet and clean, like a young child, when it's not polluted by meat (which rots inside the body and produces putrid smells) or other unhealthy, unnatural foods. Try it if you care about beauty! There will be less ugliness in the world for it.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by Summerday]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I haven't had a chance to read every post in here, so I apologize if I repeat anything.

There are a lot of bad tasting vegetarian products out there, I know, I've tried em. Yet, there are good ones. I love to eat Schneider's brand-made in a meat free facility. They have Chik'n Nuggets that taste exactly like Mcdonalds, great with honey! Kids love em-And they are healthy. The thing is, a lot of meat products are ready to go or from fast foods and people do not have to know much about cooking these days or creativity. Sometimes when you have vege foods you do have to think outside the box and know ho wto cook well.
I enjoy buying vegetarian chik'n soup from the bulk barn. It comes in a yellow powder-a bit salty so i water mine down a lot and don't use too much. I spend a good while chopping raw vegetables and using spices.

For Christmas I hav ea home made vegetarian lasagna-full of different cheeses and vegetables. Vegans can use vegan cheese.

It is healthier and even doctors like Dr. Oz have been telling people with heart problems to go on a vegetarian diet then to slowly introduce meat back in. Except now the meat has to be a very small portion, the rest soy and veges-no more meat being the main course.

If you REALLY want to be hungry, look at this site vegsource.com... They have some interesting videos as well vegsource.com... on different topics- some cute one's for animal lovers, some about processed foods or whether or not junk food should be taxed.

Here is the info on Dr. Oz that I was telling about.

"We previously featured a segment from the Dr. Oz show, in which he challenged a meat-loving cowboy named Rocco to go vegan, in order to save his life.

Here's what happened to Rocco after 28 days as a vegan -- and the awesome accomplishment of losing 30 pounds was just the beginning."

www.vegsource.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The last few posts have been excellent!
When I started this thread I did not intend for it to be mud slinging, Why do people get so upset over vegetarian food? Well I know but I'm not going to say why haha.

But yes, Not all vegetarian food is good; thats a given. In fact Boca burgers taste horrible to me. Not all meat is good tasting either.

And I didn't tell anyone to become vegetarian, I asked them to try the food. (which several individuals will buy whatever says vegetarian on the box and when its bad assume everything is terrible)

Frozen food isn't good for you but a frozen vegiburger is a lot better for you than a bigmac.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join