It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprise In Earth's Upper Atmosphere: Mode Of Energy Transfer From The Solar Wind

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I posted this on the BAN forum, but I think it is very important for it to be here, just for those members who haven't seen this, and to keep track of this.

Surprise In Earth's Upper Atmosphere: Mode Of Energy Transfer From The Solar Wind

www.sciencedaily.com
"Its like something else is heating the atmosphere besides the sun. This discovery is like finding it got hotter when the sun went down," said Larry Lyons, UCLA professor of atmospheric and oceanic sciences and a co-author of the research, which is in press in two companion papers in the Journal of Geophysical Research.

Further down on the article you can read the following

"We all have thought for our entire careers — I learned it as a graduate student — that this energy transfer rate is primarily controlled by the direction of the interplanetary magnetic field," Lyons said. "The closer to southward-pointing the magnetic field is, the stronger the energy transfer rate is, and the stronger the magnetic field is in that direction. If it is both southward and big, the energy transfer rate is even bigger."

However, Lyons, Kim and their colleagues analyzed radar data that measure the strength of the interaction by measuring flows in the ionosphere, the part of Earth's upper atmosphere ionized by solar radiation. The results surprised them.

"Any space physicist, including me, would have said a year ago there could not be substorms when the interplanetary magnetic field was staying northward, but that's wrong," Lyons said. "Generally, it's correct, but when you have a fluctuating interplanetary magnetic field, you can have substorms going off once per hour.

"Heejeong used detailed statistical analysis to prove this phenomenon is real. Convection in the magnetosphere and ionosphere can be strongly driven by these fluctuations, independent of the direction of the interplanetary magnetic field."

www.sciencedaily.com...

For some years now some other members and myself have been pointing to this. There are more sources of energy which affect the entire Solar System, and hence the Earth, and which can cause changes, including Climate Changes, and these sources are other than the Sun, or even Earth's ghgs, in which WATER VAPOR is the main and most significant ghg, and not CO2.

Right now space radiation is at an all time high, and it is the highest it has been at least since we started monitoring space weather. This in turn affects the Earth, and it's climate.

Space radiation hits record high

Now, the influx of galactic cosmic rays into our solar system has reached a record high. Measurements by NASA's Advanced Composition Explorer (ACE) spacecraft indicate that cosmic rays are 19 per cent more abundant than any previous level seen since space flight began a half century ago."The space era has so far experienced a time of relatively low cosmic ray activity," says Richard Mewaldt of Caltech, who is a member of the ACE team. "We may now be returning to levels typical of past centuries."

www.newscientist.com...

Haven't all of you noticed by now that we are not in a "WARMING" cycle? but rather a CLIMATE CHANGE cycle? One that is natural and fluctuates from cold, to warm, to cold, and warm, and back and forth.

BTW, in case you haven't realized it yet, this research, and these scientists are not pointing towards ghgs, much less CO2, but at some other source, beside the Sun, and which energy input has increased, and has been changing the dynamics of the Solar System.

In the past when some other member, or myself would point this out, certain members would claim we just made this stuff out, or made some such comment, more so because they want to place the blame on mankind, for whatever reason they have, and on anthropogenic CO2.

[edited to add comments and to add excerpts with evidence]

[edit on 13-11-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This makes me wonder any things, one being could we harness this energy for our use.I may be way off topic I only glanced at the op,I will read more later

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
S & F, thank you for sharing this article.

Most of us have known this for sometime now. Just waiting for some scientist to come along and say the same thing. Now it's happened. This will be buried by Mainstream Media, and discredited to hell and back by some people. They don't want you to believe in this kind of stuff. They want you to believe what they say so they can tax the hell out of stuff and get rich.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Bump! Very interesting, thank you for sharing.
Indeed I believe 'climate change' is all just a cycle, nothing man made about it, and this could be contributing to that indeed.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
For any others like myself that drift by this thread - when reading the op i wasn't sure what ghg or ghgs were and had to look them up - "Greenhouse gases".

Do we think that these substorms are a part of the natural process in our ionosphere, or is the increase in cosmic radiation causing this phenomenon? If the latter, are we concerned about the 19% increase over fifty or so years?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This seems to fit right in with the Mayan prophecies and the alignment of our sun and the Milky Way...

I think these intergalactic planetary energy fields are what is going to activate our 'junk' DNA....

Also I know that something is different on planet earth, I can feel it, it's like we are at the dawn of a new day...

www.youtube.com...

PEACE and LOVE...

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Only the ignorant believes in such a scam as GLOBAL WARMING. Glad to see finally scientific sources to accept this and find the means of what actually causes the periodic warming and cooling.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The Electric Sun theory in the past couple of years has predicted and explained many "puzzles" it's pretty much a give in now with the discovery of the ribbon of ena and charged particles at the boundary of the heliosphere.

A couple of years ago now I posted this.
New Discoveries Are Confirming Electric Sun Theories

It really needs to be updated, since there has been a few other significant discoveries since then. The so called magnetic flux ropes aka Birkeland currents have been discovered interacting with nearly all the planets now, the better observed ones.

One I recently picked up, thanks to the thunderbolts site. Just as an example of how the whole picture is changing rapidly.

Observing lightning signals from Africa, they noticed a strange phenomenon in the lightning strike data — a phenomenon that slowly appeared and disappeared every 27 days, the length of a single full rotation of the sun.

"Even though Africa is thousands of miles from Israel, lightning signals there bounce off the Earth's ionosphere ― the envelope surrounding the Earth ― as they move from Africa to Israel," Prof. Price explains. "We noticed that this bouncing was modulated by the sun, changing throughout its 27-day cycle. The variability of the lightning activity occurring in sync with the sun's rotation suggested that the sun somehow regulates the lightning pattern."

www.physorg.com...

Some evidence suggesting the Sun modulates Lightning on Earth!!

Dang! another hit!

The Earth is a leaky capacitor, a charged body rotating in the sun's plasma. It's not crazy it's based on accepted physics, it's just breaking the chains of ingrained past assumptions that's the problem.

Thanks for Posting EU.

Edit to add. My point is the evidence may show a form of electrical heating as another transfer mechanism besides thermal.
The connection is yet to be full realized in the doctrines of solar physics and not even considered in meteorology.

I don't think there is anything extraordinary happening with the climate. We are doing pretty well at poisoning and mismanaging the planet in general though.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by squiz]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
BTW, in case you haven't realized it yet, this research, and these scientists are not pointing towards ghgs, much less CO2, but at some other source, beside the Sun, and which energy input has increased, and has been changing the dynamics of the Solar System.

You're the one who haven't realized it yet. They're not talking about some "other source beside the sun". You misinterpreted the article. Anyone with some basic knowledge of physics will see that.

Basically, this is what they say:

The sun sends out particles towards the earth, called solar wind.
These particles curve around the magnetosphere, resulting in an energy transfer (heating).
Previously it was thought that the magnitude of energy transfer was related to the sun's magnetic field (interplanetary magnetic field) orientation in relation to the earth's magnetic field.
These guys have discovered that that's not necessarily the case, instead the magnitude of energy transfer seems to be linked to the fluctuation in solar wind and interplanetary magnetic field fluctuations.

"Heejeong separated the data into when the solar wind was fluctuating a lot and when it was fluctuating a little," he added. "When the interplanetary magnetic field fluctuations are low, she saw the pattern everyone knows, but when she analyzed the pattern when the interplanetary magnetic field was fluctuating strongly, that pattern completely disappeared. Instead, the strength of the flows depended on the strength of the fluctuations.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by Deran]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Oh what is going to happen to Mr Gores theory. What are the scientist that backed him up will say now or are they now hiding in the corner somewhere. Thank you for posting this very important information to us.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
na Gore and his scientists wont have to explain a thing... this will never get the attention it deserves. And on the off chance gore fields a question about it hell play it of like the questioner is a moron and those not intelligent enough to see that the question was valid will ultimately side with gore

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Are we going to have to start distributing atomized gold particles in our atmosphere? Didn't some other race have to do something like this?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Very interesting article, thanks for posting this thread. I hope it doesn't get soiled up too much with talk of A Gore, he may not know what it is that is causing climate change, he just knows it is happening.

I have long held ( since the early 70's) a belief that climate changes are a perfectly normal activity for earth and the other planets as well. Our earth has been practically obliterated in the past, life wiped out, and we have never really had definative answers to what happened, only educated guesses. But we do know that these changes take place, in light of that it takes quite a bit of arrogance to say that they won't or couldn't happen in our lifetimes, or that changes are not taking place right now. How could we prepare for such a change? If monies are to be raised then those funds should go for shelter, and food sources that would work under new climate situations. As far as co2 goes and people destroying the planet, well, folks can be pretty brutal to earth and disrepectful doesn't even begin to cover it, I am sure man is still seeking out new and better ways to take it down though (nukes, ect)

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Star and flag!
Great find and post EU!
It would help explain alot of what is happening!
Thanks for posting this!
(and just in time)
I was imagining Al was prolly even starting to get death threats by now....

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Maybe cosmic radiation warms atmosphere. When Sun activity is low, scientists have confirmed that then more cosmic radiation gets to earth. That radiation is coming outside of our solar system. It is also called Cosmic microwave background radiation. And microwaves do warm atmosphere.

en.wikipedia.org...

Yes, cosmic radiation levels are rising, maybe it's because of Sun, or something extraordinary.

But i can say that it isn't Nibiru. Honestly, i don't believe that Nibiru exist.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Deran

There is a lot more to it than that. Notice that i point out one of the many statements that the scientists made, that there is something else causing this. Yes, the interplanetary magnetic field has something to do with this, but it is more than that, and i have posted evidence of what this is for years on ATS.

The following is one of my most recent articles with evidence that shows strange phenomenon happened in the entire Solar System and which is caused by something that has massive mass, although i can only speculate as to what that could be.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I started finding some new evidence in the following link/article including the secular increase in the AU, or the distance between the planets and the Sun has been increasing, as well as the fact that the pioneer anomalies are not the only anomalies, since comets are also being affected by something out there which is affecting the entire Solar System more, and more.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 14-11-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
There is a lot more to it than that. Notice that i point out one of the many statements that the scientists made, that there is something else causing this. Yes, the interplanetary magnetic field has something to do with this, but it is more than that, and i have posted evidence of what this is for years on ATS.

Yeah, but they're not stating that something else is causing this, at all. They're only talking about the sun and how it warms the earth.

But it's an interesting idea that something else is affecting the solar system. Many unexplained anomalies point to something strange going on that we just haven't managed to grasp yet.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Excellent find OP, I wish I could give you a S&F.

I've always had the hankering that the universe provided for us abundant and nearly limitless power If your intelligent enough to figure out the mechanics of it.

Heres a free documentary (I hope its not a repost) called electric cosmology: thunderbolts of the gods.

topdocumentaryfilms.com...
To give a basic summary, The people involved with this film claim that electro-magnetism is the prevalent force at work when it comes to cosmology, not the Newtonian materialistic view we have now. It says that stars are more like giant ionic lightbulbs than a blob of molten material.

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deran
Yeah, but they're not stating that something else is causing this, at all. They're only talking about the sun and how it warms the earth.

But it's an interesting idea that something else is affecting the solar system. Many unexplained anomalies point to something strange going on that we just haven't managed to grasp yet.

There is a reason why I excerpted and put on bold this part.

www.sciencedaily.com
"Its like something else is heating the atmosphere besides the sun. This discovery is like finding it got hotter when the sun went down," said Larry Lyons, UCLA professor of atmospheric and oceanic sciences and a co-author of the research, which is in press in two companion papers in the Journal of Geophysical Research.

Notice they say something else BESIDES THE SUN is heating the atmosphere, the fluctuations of the interplanetary field is not what causes this heating, the fluctuations, and more so towards a weakening of the interplanetary magnetic field is allowing more energy from another source entering the Solar System. This other source is so powerful, or so massive that it is even affecting the distance between the Sun and the planets, and this distance is increasing. I posted a link to other research that shows there is no way they can account for this secular increase in the AU of the distance between the Sun, and the planets in the Solar System.

Secular increase of the astronomical unit and perihelion precessions as tests of the Dvali–Gabadadze–Porrati multi-dimensional braneworld scenario
Lorenzo Iorio JCAP09(2005)006 doi: 10.1088/1475-7516/2005/09/006

Lorenzo Iorio
Viale Unità di Italia 68, 70125, Bari, Italy
E-mail: [email protected]

Abstract. An unexpected secular increase of the astronomical unit, the length scale of the Solar System, has recently been reported by three different research groups (Krasinsky and Brumberg, Pitjeva, Standish). The latest JPL measurements amount to 7 ± 2 m cy−1. At present, there are no explanations able to accommodate such an observed phenomenon, either in the realm of classical physics or in the usual four-dimensional framework of the Einsteinian general relativity. The Dvali–Gabadadze–Porrati braneworld scenario, which is a multi-dimensional model of gravity aimed at providing an explanation of the observed cosmic acceleration without dark energy, predicts, among other things, a perihelion secular shift, due to Lue and Starkman, of 5 × 10−4 arcsec cy−1 for all the planets of the Solar System. It yields a variation of about 6 m cy−1 for the Earth–Sun distance which is compatible with the observed rate of change for the astronomical unit. The recently measured corrections to the secular motions of the perihelia of the inner planets of the Solar System are in agreement with the predicted value of the Lue–Starkman effect for Mercury, Mars and, at a slightly worse level, the Earth.

www.iop.org...

This same source is affecting every planet in the Solar System in several ways which can't be explained. Comets are arriving earlier than they are supposed to, just like the pioneer anomalies found something stopping them, but in the case of comets, which have other orbits different form the pioneer satellites, they are arriving earlier because this source is pushing them faster towards the inner Solar System.

What happens when the interplanetary field weakens? more energy, dust, and other charged particles are able to enter the Solar System.

I even posted evidence from NASA and ESA, which I have posted before, and they include the fact that the entire Solar System is entering a new region of space where there is more dust, and charged particles, and because the interplanetary magnetic field is fluctuating as it weakens, because of the weakening of the Sun's activity, more interstellar dust, and charged particles are flowing into the Solar System, but they also state that this increase is exponential, and by 2012 it will be 10 times higher than it was in 2003.

Strange coincidence that this is happening until 2012, along some other things.

We even have had Michu Kaku warns us that by 2012 the Sun will probably increase in activity to a level that will affect ground communications, and our electrical infraestructure.

www.youtube.com...

Because the Earth's magnetic field is also weakened, and because there have been, and are breaches in our magnetic field any changes in the Sun, or the dynamics of the Solar System will have more drastic impact on Earth, it's climate, as well as other geophysical phenomenon, such as earthquakes, magmatic activity, etc.

Anyway, whatever has been affecting every planet in the Solar System, seems to also be what has caused the weakening of the Sun's activity. It is too much of a coincidence for all of this happening at the same time.

Also do note the research that I posted from 1978, in which they stated the Solar System was heading towards a nearby interstellar cloud, and this would affect a drastic effect on the earth, INCLUDING it's climate.

Title:
Is the solar system entering a nearby interstellar cloud
Authors:
Vidal-Madjar, A.; Laurent, C.; Bruston, P.; Audouze, J.
Affiliation:
AA(CNRS, Laboratoire de Physique Stellaire et Planetaire, Verrieres-le-Buisson, Essonne, France), AB(CNRS, Laboratoire de Physique Stellaire et Planetaire, Verrieres-le-Buisson, Essonne, France), AC(CNRS, Laboratoire de Physique Stellaire et Planetaire, Verrieres-le-Buisson, Essonne, France), AD(Meudon Observatoire, Hauts-de-Seine; Paris XI, Universite, Orsay, Essonne, France)
Publication:
Astrophysical Journal, Part 1, vol. 223, July 15, 1978, p. 589-600. (ApJ Homepage)
Publication Date:
07/1978
Category:
Astrophysics
Origin:
STI
NASA/STI Keywords:
Abstract
Observational arguments in favor of such a cloud are presented, and implications of the presence of a nearby cloud are discussed, including possible changes in terrestrial climate. It is suggested that the postulated interstellar cloud should encounter the solar system at some unspecified time in the near future and might have a drastic influence on terrestrial climate in the next 10,000 years.

adsabs.harvard.edu...

Because of the weakening of the Sun, this allowed even more interstellar dust, and charged particles, as well as other forms of radiation to enter the Solar System.

ESA sees stardust storms heading for Solar System

PRESS RELEASE
Date Released: Monday, August 18, 2003
Source: Artemis Society

Until ten years ago, most astronomers did not believe stardust could enter our Solar System. Then ESA's Ulysses spaceprobe discovered minute stardust particles leaking through the Sun's magnetic shield, into the realm of Earth and the other planets. Now, the same spaceprobe has shown that a flood of dusty particles is heading our way.
What is surprising in this new Ulysses discovery is that the amount of stardust has continued to increase even after the solar activity calmed down and the magnetic field resumed its ordered shape in 2001.

Scientists believe that this is due to the way in which the polarity changed during solar maximum. Instead of reversing completely, flipping north to south, the Sun's magnetic poles have only rotated at halfway and are now more or less lying sideways along the Sun's equator. This weaker configuration of the magnetic shield is letting in two to three times more stardust than at the end of the 1990s. Moreover, this influx could increase by as much as ten times until the end of the current solar cycle in 2012.

www.spaceref.com...

Back when I reported this around 2004 in the forums, i stated that if more interstellar dust was entering the Solar System, then it was only logical to know that more charged particles, plasma, gases, etc would be entering the Solar System, but some members claimed there was no evidence for this even though it was a logical conclusion.

Even the Earth's magnetic field has been weakening since 1840, and it has been fluctuating towards a weakening state in a way that hasn't occurred in tens of thousands of years.

Magnetic Field Weakening in Stages, Old Ships' Logs Suggest
John Roach
for National Geographic News

May 11, 2006

Earth's magnetic field is weakening in staggered steps, a new analysis of centuries-old ships logs suggests.

The finding could help scientists better understand the way Earth's magnetic poles reverse.

The planet's magnetic field flips—north becomes south and vice versa—on average every 300,000 years. However, the actual time between reversals varies widely.

The field last flipped about 800,000 years ago, according to the geologic record.

Since 1840, when accurate measures of the intensity were first made, the field strength has declined by about 5 percent per century.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

This is most probably the cause for Climate Change which the Earth has been experiencing since the 1860s.

Anyway, i think i made my point, and thus i won't post every link I posted in other threads, I already linked to those threads that have more information.

[edit on 14-11-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Nice find
With all the 2012 stuff, it's creepy that this is happening.
Expect the unexpected.
I guess I'm a fear monger cause I believe in the Bible, give credit to nostradamus, and recently (within year) found out about 2012.
Too much....but something is going to happen.
Be prepared for safety sake.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join