It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank Mistakenly Sells Couple's Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Despite being up to date on their mortgage payments, a Phoenix couple mistakenly had their home placed in foreclosure and sold.

Jeff and Yanthy Zerner were approved for a mortgage modification with Chase just days before they received a notice giving them five days to vacate the property, a KPHO-TV, Phoenix story said. When Jeff Zerner contacted the number on the notice, he was told the house had been in foreclosure, and it had been bought.

realestate.aol.com...|compaq-laptop|dl4|link5|http%3A%2F%2Frealestate.aol. com%2Fpictures%2Ffeature%2Freal-estate-news%3Fncid%3DAOLCOMMre00dynlsec0003

It figures it was Chase bank. I have read about their doing stuff to other people as well.

I would like more details on this one. Like how is this legal for starters...

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I do not think this is legal at all.

So, it's my guess that this couple has quite the case on their hands. I hope they are able to walk away with a MASSIVE settlement, after this terrible mistake. The banks just keep screwing over the people - Americans in general(tax dollar bailouts), and their own customers.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I wish the bank would mistakenly sell my house... I've been trying to sell it for months now.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Their case will win a massive amount,but,their lawyer will get the lion's
share of it!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

SnF to you Jessicasma.

I cannot believe what a pair the banks have grown since I have left. How is it they are not fined by the system. How is it they are getting away with it. I would like to see a follow up story on what if anything has happened to Chase or Bank of America for this incredible mistake which must be put right. Put right to the point that they cannot make it again. I understand that their are times that people will loose their house and legally there is nothing they can do about it but this is just wrong.

Any chance of a follow up thread Jessicasma?

BTW I clicked on the link and all I could find was Maryland to Sell Historic Bridge story....

edited to add the link is no longer pointing to the story quoted.

[edit on 4/1/2010 by IceHappy]

new topics

join