It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Census-taker Suicide?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Insurance Probed In Census Taker Bill Sparkman's Death

A census taker found hanging from a tree had named his son as his life insurance beneficiary, and investigators are looking into whether the father manipulated the death scene to make a claim possible, law enforcement officials told The Associated Press Thursday. www.huffingtonpost.com...

So I put this on the Political Madness board, because I figure that some of the 'usual suspects', or combatants here might need a little respite. When this story came out, of a Federal census taker apparently lynched, I was shocked. Shocked at the return of 'strange fruit', and the level to which partisan politics had been reduced. I said so.

Now, it appears as if the principal may have faked his murder in order for his son to collect on a small insurance policy. If it is so, then it has become a sad story of individual despair. While that does not lessen the man's worth, it does change the nature of what his death ultimately symbolised. I won't dissect the story further...but since I made a strong point with the first story, I figure I should present its evolving status for reflection.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
And what of "Fed" carved in his chest? Was that self-inflicted?

It was indeed a strange story, however given the area it took place in a lynching was not out of the question as I noted in the original thread

It should be noted that very few, except those familiar with that area agreed with me that the locals could do such a thing as a warning to the government to stay away.

It is nice to get an update to the story instead of it being swept under the rug as so many things seem to be.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by Ahabstar]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Carved? In the original story I read via Websleuths (cool site) I thought the word Fed was written on his chest/ shirt? was it indeed carved as in with a knife? How much ins money are we talking about here? I remember it said his feet were touching the ground, though...and a 2003 truck was found at the scene...his?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
And what of "Fed" carved in his chest? Was that self-inflicted?

It was indeed a strange story, however given the area it took place in a lynching was not out of the question as I noted in the original thread

It should be noted that very few, except those familiar with that area agreed with me that the locals could do such a thing as a warning to the government to stay away.

It is nice to get an update to the story instead of it being swept under the rug as so many things seem to be.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by Ahabstar]

FED was not carved into the mans chest. It was written in pen. So yes it could have been "self-inflicted".

join